Summoner's War - Sky Arena

Fiftyfour

Golden Knight of the Realm
I would call my pack pretty much crap as well. I just don't know enough about all these different monsters to know if any of them are worth keeping around for anything other than evolution food or not. I'm working on leveling a Water Epikion now so my new one is just going to be food anyway. I really need another Water Dungeon to open so I can finish off the mats to awaken all my damn water monsters (4* Ninja, 3* Epikion Priest, Imp and now Warbear).

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
You know, I wouldn't even have bothered trying that because my Water EP is so low level with crappy runes, and my Imp feels subpar as well, but that went pretty damn smooth - Water Fairy, Water EP, Water Imp, Wind Warbear. I'm glad I asked haha Thanks!
Dude, wait until tomorrow during the double mana event and run it as much as you can. I have about 250 energy saved from the event and I'm going to try and burn it all in Famion 1 during this event.

Water Epikon Priest is apparently Arena Defense Jesus.
I can confirm this as her awakened passive skill gives a motherfucking immunity buff when she gets crit. It is unbelievable that the rating site we all use has her at an A on defense and not an S.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Avery, you might want to put this schedule in the first post:

Monday: Hall of Darkness

Tuesday: Hall of Fire

Wednesday: Hall of Water

Thursday: Hall of Wind

Saturday: N/A

Sunday: Hall of Light

On top of the hall of elements is the hall of magic. Here you can obtain Essences of Magic in all three tiers as well as all the other elements. This dungeon is open 24/7.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can confirm this as her awakened passive skill gives a motherfucking immunity buff when she gets crit. It is unbelievable that the rating site we all use has her at an A on defense and not an S.
It's actually just a shield for 20% of her HP(26% skilled). But considering she's a natural 4*(right?) and you are going to be using HP runes on her anyways it adds up to a mean shield.

Also the double mana thing is twice a day, right?

Fiftyfour

It's actually just a shield for 20% of her HP(26% skilled). But considering she's a natural 4*(right?) and you are going to be using HP runes on her anyways it adds up to a mean shield.

Also the double mana thing is twice a day, right?
Epikion is a natural 3*, but yea you should be putting +HP% runes at 2, 4 and 6. Probably a full energy build too so you can hit the +45% set bonus.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Updated the main page. Grats to Ohmgee for getting an awesome dragon.

Rina (Water Epikon) is the biggest PITA and a staple for arena defense. There are some hard counters to her, but not many. I'd pop full energy runes and %hp in 2,4,6. She can get in the 20-30k hp range.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I've already had to fight her a few times in Arena - I just skip those players now. She is beyond annoying. On that note, glad I have one!

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So unless I'm reading this wrong there's a 2 hour window for the double mana starting up in 10 minutes as well(11pm EST). Should be 3pm-5pm and 11pm-1am EST every day.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We're getting compensation for server issues.

Reward Details

Reward: 100 Energy + 100 Crystals + 1 Mystical Scroll (100 Energy will be sent out as a bundle item)

Please log in during August 26th 12am and August 27th 12am PDT to collect your reward from your Inbox.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
So unless I'm reading this wrong there's a 2 hour window for the double mana starting up in 10 minutes as well(11pm EST). Should be 3pm-5pm and 11pm-1am EST every day.
You are correct. Running Famion 1 during this time is bananas. I think I posted yesterday that my best single run was 5500 mana and a hellhound.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I swear there's at least a 50% chance of getting a Martial Cat from mystical scrolls. It's bad enough that it's always 3* but does it really need to be the SAME 3* so often?

Also, they need to fix their fucking matchmaking. I was closing in on 1200 and all of a sudden every opponent was 25+. Got up this morning and I had dropped all the way to 930... and every opponent in my list is STILL in the 20's and 30's.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Apparently there is a new arena patch this week which will prevent you from fighting people more than 5 levels over you, and keeps you in line based on arena points. If you're getting the blue martial cat, save it to turn into a water ninja later.

See below;

We're planning to update v1.2.3 within the week and will be improving the Arena through this update. Please note that there's no fixed schedule for the update, and plans may change according to circumstances.

[Update Details, Applied on v1.2.3]

1. Match opponents for the Arena are being selected with Matching Scores which includes the player's level as criteria.
However, there are some cases that a low level player would be matched up with a higher level player. This was due to the playing patterns of the lower level player. This will be fixed for the upcoming update by making sure players whose level gap exceeds 5 levels are not matched up."

What are Matching Scores?
> This score is the criteria for finding an Arena Match.
> Matching Scores go up when you win an Arena Match-up or succeed in Arena Defense, and go down when you lose an Arena Match-up.
(*Successful Arena Defenses will no longer cause Matching Scores to increase from v1.2.3)

2. Defense Success/Failure will no longer affect Arena Matching Scores
Up to v1.2.2, Successful Arena Defenses increased Matching Scores, while Defense Failures had no effect on the Matching Scores. After v1.2.3, both Failure and Success of Arena Defense will not have any effects on the Matching Scores.

3. Matching Scores will now be displayed
With the v1.2.3 update, you'll be able to see your Matching Scores. This will help players understand how the matches were made and why they've been placed with their current opponents. This score will be displayed as 'Match' and will be located below the User Ratings.

Vorph

If you're getting the blue martial cat, save it to turn into a water ninja later.
Nope, all fire with like 1-2 wind, of course. About to buy an 11-pack thanks to the 100 crystal bonus today, but I fully expect to get a series of pulls that makes Fiftyfour's look awesome. Just how my luck goes in every RNG game. :/

I guess I see what happened with my matching score that has fucked me for now: some dude around level 30 beat me but his defense team was just two gimpy 3* units. I fought for revenge and won, then he would revenge, etc. Basically doing win trading for glory points. So every time I beat him my matching score went up and every time he won nothing happened. Oh well, at least I'll be able to spend some glory points this week.

I swear there's at least a 50% chance of getting a Martial Cat from mystical scrolls. It's bad enough that it's always 3* but does it really need to be the SAME 3* so often?

Also, they need to fix their fucking matchmaking. I was closing in on 1200 and all of a sudden every opponent was 25+. Got up this morning and I had dropped all the way to 930... and every opponent in my list is STILL in the 20's and 30's.
Getting 3 of the same is great, let's you evolve and skill up with less monsters

Vorph

Well, I'm talking about Martial Cats, so it's more like "Uh, thanks for the 3* fodder for the 2*'s I've been working on getting to 4*." If I was getting repeated dupes of E.Priests, I wouldn't be complaining. :p

Any tricks to getting low magic essences? I've tried B1-B4 and I'm lucky if I even get 2 lows from a full bar of energy no matter what I do. It's been about a week since I last got a 3x low drop from B3/B4, and basically my ability to awaken anything is completely at a standstill now.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Any tricks to getting low magic essences? I've tried B1-B4 and I'm lucky if I even get 2 lows from a full bar of energy no matter what I do. It's been about a week since I last got a 3x low drop from B3/B4, and basically my ability to awaken anything is completely at a standstill now.
This is why I think there needs to be a way to break down higher essences into lower ones. Honestly, when I am looking for lowers I run b2 because it is dirt easy and you still have a chance at x3 lows.

Thengel

I spam b2 for lows as well. It's just slow. Not sure if anyone cares but I can put up a water high elemental or fire yeti to help farm faimon. Neither can solo it or anything but using helpers gives your team more xp. When I was starting it I was always looking for water dps friends and could rarely find any.

Thengel

Right, what I was saying is that you stop feeding at like 80-90% and let the farm finish it. Otherwise even feeding another 1* will overshoot by 25% or so and it's just wasted.

The 400 crystal one is 150xp/hr with 4 slots, the 500 crystal one is 150xp/hr with 5 slots, and the L16 one you buy for 50k mana is 100xp/hr with 4 slots. I'm saving up for a 750 crystal scroll pack right now, but I might spend my next 400 crystals after that on a second farm. Depends on how bad I get fucked by RNG I suppose.

Edit: Two 2* and three 1* fodder gives a L5 angelmon 598.1% xp, then 1 hour in the farm will take it to level 11. Another 12 or so hours past that would get it to level 12, which again is probably where I would stop as the diminishing returns kick in. (Five 1*'s and about 30 hours in the farm total would have the same effect, if you prefer saving 2* fodder to evolve with.)
Keep in mind it's also much cheaper to level 1* angelmon than 3 or 4*s. It's definitely very efficient to just stuff them full of the crap unknown scrolls give you all the way to lvl 15 even if some is wasted. It's only 150 per feed instead of 450+

Fiftyfour

About to buy an 11-pack thanks to the 100 crystal bonus today, but I fully expect to get a series of pulls that makes Fiftyfour's look awesome. Just how my luck goes in every RNG game. :/
I'm not so sure getting 11 pulls worse than mine is even possible.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
150ish more gems and I'll let you know.

Also I installed Kritika for the gems and have been playing the shit out of it since.