Summoner's War - Sky Arena

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have a bunch of angelmon sitting around doing nothing. It seems like a pain in the ass to try and level them to 15. What do you guys do with them?
Level them to 15. And awaken them. Then feed them to something of the same color.

Rainbow Angelmon do NOT level. Evo them and then you just use them as evo fodder. I made the mistake of leveling one up to 16 before I realized it wasn't for exp=P

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
I'm leveling my rainbows to 4 so i can evolve my team without wiping out my 4* selection.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
OK, I'm getting absolutely wrecked in the arena and I'm not sure what my best offensive/defensive teams should be. I am attaching my full roster; let me know if anyone has any advice.

rrr_img_73874.jpg

rrr_img_73875.jpg

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Between +3 and +6 on all of them; however, they are not optimized. There are very few 3* and no 4* or 5* on them either.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Most of the runes on my main team are +6-7. I'm willing to dump some mana into runes since they matter so much /shrug Except for a few shitty runes I need to replace on one of my team, but really he's just going to be food later on, so hard to invest in him too much.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Farming up the last stage of Swiftness Runes(Hard) because I need good ones for a few people so not too worried about the slot to start. Well fuck me, 15 runes for the same 3 slots. I guess maybe you only get 3, 4, and 6 from the boss stages?

Got my fire Inugami, but he needs to be awakened to really be good I guess. Plus a lot more/better runes. Plus his Team Up skill currently isn't triggering the extra attack if the partner kills the monster, should be fixed next update. edit: Apparently my 40ish runs to get him was pretty lucky, there's folks talking about 200-400+ runs without one. Ouch.

Just keeping my Fire Hellhound up for friend use. He's a badass. The buff is skilled up once so it's 3 turn cooldown, can keep it up almost indefinitely. And he hits like a truck. Maybe if I get Inugami on par he'll go up, but for now hellhound is the baddest badass I have.

Working on getting a healer/tank combo for each color since I read that's a good idea. Got my blues(fairy/warbear) and now my yellow(epikon priest/bearman). Have multiple red tanks but no healers. Except maybe Howl.

Speaking of shitty looking little units, hold on to blue imps. Their awakened skill can apply multiple DoTs. They're like the strongest unit in the game for killing high HP bosses since dots do damage based on target max HP. I guess there's strategies for the later levels of the Giants dungeon that call for using a few of those little shits.

Phelps McManus

<Silver Donator>
Working on getting a healer/tank combo for each color since I read that's a good idea. Got my blues(fairy/warbear) and now my yellow(epikon priest/bearman). Have multiple red tanks but no healers.
I think we read the same article. My understanding is that if you are running something color intensive, then you run 1 tank of that color and the rest of your team (including healer) should be strong to that color. The AI apparently tends to target the weakest color on your team.

In the article's example it was a red dungeon, so they ran with a red tank, blue healer, and 2 blue DPS. I guess technically light/dark would also make for a good tank.

If the tank was blue then you couldn't guarantee he would be their target. If he was yellow then he would have had a weakness penalty.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah that's sort of what I was doing for Faimon 1. Except with my hellhound in there alongside the red tank because I gotta have my buff.

I specifically asked someone about that because I kept seeing mention of using various tanks.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Oh that is interesting. Think I have a Wind Golem and Fire Golem I could work on for those two tanks. Nothing in Water though.

Just was able to awaken and evolve my Fire Hellhound and Fire Inferno to 4* and had 5 or 6 Flame Angelmon waiting to pump them with some xp.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To make it totally clear.

Red dungeon = Take a red tank and 3 blues.

All the red monsters will target the red tank. This doesn't really kick in til a bit later though, your tanks won't have the stats/skills to really stand up to it right away.

I'm debating awakening my Fire Yeti before Inugami. Inugami won't be full power until after an update, and Fire Yeti awaken skill is tits for tanking. Shield for 50% of max HP and regen 15% per turn for 3 turns. Since you naturally load him up with HP for his skills it's pretty huge.

Wind Yeti is pretty good too, he does a group heal based on number of units alive, it's like 47% heal with a full squad alive.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One last little tip, if something's awaken gives them a new skill try to hold off on feeding it skill up fodder until after you awaken it. Skill ups are random which one they will be and since the awaken skill is usually the strongest it's worth getting skilled up. Total min/max thing but worth considering if you're close.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Not sure which I should awaken first;
Blue epikon is an end game arena defense monster. Blue slyph is a dungeoneer but I don't see it a ton in late game builds.
rrr_img_73959.jpg

rrr_img_73960.jpg

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sylph I saw people calling just a straight upgrade to the blue fairy we all start with. I imagine you'll be running a lot of dungeons, I'd probably lean that way. Arena is kind of a secondary thing really.

Zx88_sl

shitlord
Farming up the last stage of Swiftness Runes(Hard) because I need good ones for a few people so not too worried about the slot to start. Well fuck me, 15 runes for the same 3 slots. I guess maybe you only get 3, 4, and 6 from the boss stages?
Runes drop from specific stages that correspond to the position... so if you needed a Swiftness for the #2 slot, you would have to run the 2nd stage of Telain Forest to obtain.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Finally caught a break at the shop today, fire yeti up for sale for like 23k. Now if a damn wind warbear (or yeti) would just show up.

How exactly do monster drops work? Like do I farm the boss stage for all of them, or farm a stage where the monster in question appears? I want a water howl, which is on the Hydeni Ruins drop list.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Runes drop from specific stages that correspond to the position... so if you needed a Swiftness for the #2 slot, you would have to run the 2nd stage of Telain Forest to obtain.
Why I specified last stage, they can all drop there.

How exactly do monster drops work? Like do I farm the boss stage for all of them, or farm a stage where the monster in question appears? I want a water howl, which is on the Hydeni Ruins drop list.
Random chance on any of the 7 stages. If anything the boss stage seems a little worse to me than the normal 6, purely anecdotal and probably wrong though.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is it just a lucky streak or is Giant's Keep (B2) really good for drops? My last six runs have given me an angelmon, a mystical scroll, 2 rare fatal runes w/prefixes, a purple rage rune, and a purple blade rune w/prefix.

Vask

Molten Core Raider
Is it worth buying the premium pack for 750 crystals? Or should I be using crystals for something else?