Sunset Overdrive - The game that will establish Xbox One as the #1 2nd place console

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
OverstrikeFuse looked like Insomniac's answer to Borderlands too... and look how that turned out. Only reason this is "news" is because they used to make Sony exclusives and now this is MS exclusive.

Nadiar

Silver Knight of the Realm
Insomniac made several great games for the PS3 (Resistance, Ratchet & Clank). This game being awesome is an actual possibility. No amount of funding can deal with Brad.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Not sure I'd call Resistance great. More like a passable game made when all other next-gen games were steaming piles of dogshit.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Sandbox style games are some of my favorite and this looks pretty fun. I haven't picked up any of the next-gen consoles besides a Wii U yet. PS4 is still winning out for me.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The game looks incredibly fun - which is all the matters in the end - however it being a console seller is a bit beyond belief for right now. I already plan to get it just because it looks like fun - but i dont see others who dont already own a XB1 to buy one just to play this.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
I don't think the Xbone will have a huge console seller until the next Halo, that's the big draw for that fanbase.

The next CoD title will determine which console is more popular since it's only next-gen?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Looks fun for ADHD kids - seems like a 3rd Person Serious Sam with wall-running/freerunning stuff.

Too ADHD for me though.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Insomniac is a great developer, but it will take more than this to get me to shell out for a Xbone.

Nadiar

Not sure I'd call Resistance great. More like a passable game made when all other next-gen games were steaming piles of dogshit.
I think that's true of the first one, although the game gets better on your second playthrough (those weapons are awesome). By the time they got to the third one, I thought they made a pretty good Single Player shooter.

The problem only comes into play when you consider that Single Player only shooters are kind of a relic. Singularity and Bulletstorm were both pretty fun games, but without a compelling Multiplayer environment, nothing spectacular. Last of Us has a pretty fun Multiplayer environment, but no one plays it. When you mention it, everyone just remarks that they ignored it, because how could a Single Player game have a good Multiplayer?

Nadiar

I don't think the Xbone will have a huge console seller until the next Halo, that's the big draw for that fanbase.

The next CoD title will determine which console is more popular since it's only next-gen?
The next CoD title is being made by Sledgehammer, so I believe it will just be the same engine it has been, with higher textures.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The next CoD title is being made by Sledgehammer, so I believe it will just be the same engine it has been, with higher textures.
I though one of the bulletpoints was that they werent using the same engine as previous CoD games

Nadiar

I though one of the bulletpoints was that they werent using the same engine as previous CoD games
They say that every single time, and they're full of shit every time. They basically argue that a tiny change to the shaders makes it a brand new engine.

Disclosure time: COD4:MW was my favorite shooter. Search & Destroy being the game type that kept me coming back. I've played a shit ton of CounterStrike:whatever, I failed a bunch of classes my freshman year because I was playing Counterstrike .8 non-stop every day. I loved the CS games, but the MW engine really nailed that perfect point of netcode+weapon balance for me, and it's only gone downhill since. Insurgency is really fucking close for me, but the lack of Seattle based servers leaves me playing on 100ms servers, which is shit for games like that. Combined with the stock Source Engine Netcode, Insurgency can never take top spot for me.

Theenginein Titanfall is fucking perfect. If they had a Search & Destroy game-mode that prevented burn cards, I'd be all over it. Last Titan Standing is super fun, but it lacks the strategic gameplay I love from S&D. Battlefields input/graphic latency is horrible, and I don't understand how people are only now noticing it.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The engine in Titanfall is actually just the ancient Source engine, all jacked up.