Super Mario 3d All-Stars (HD Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy for Switch)

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
i only started super mario odyssey like a month ago and "finished" (the main story and stars, there is a shit load more after) about 2 weeks ago, really enjoyed the game. First mario game I really played all the way through. I'll definitely pick these up and play.

The weird one is the new holiday AR mario kart thing, its like some real RC car you race but the controller is your switch? Seems crazy wild if you are a kid, like this is some Star Trek shit

Holy fuck, that is amazing! They definitely made that with the US market in mind.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Sunshine is one of my favorite Mario games. I think it's really under appreciated.
Yeah, I actually liked Sunshine better than Galaxy. Mostly because of the level design--Sunshine's levels had more of a sense of place to them, while Galaxy often just felt like random collections of platforms floating in the void. Plus, there was just something quietly satisfying about going around cleaning up the map.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
i only started super mario odyssey like a month ago and "finished" (the main story and stars, there is a shit load more after) about 2 weeks ago, really enjoyed the game. First mario game I really played all the way through. I'll definitely pick these up and play.

The weird one is the new holiday AR mario kart thing, its like some real RC car you race but the controller is your switch? Seems crazy wild if you are a kid, like this is some Star Trek shit

And I know what I'm getting my daughter for Christmas

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I preordered this. Never played any of the 3 titles due to being raised by outdoors enthusiast parents who didn't even have a TV until I was like 17.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I preordered this. Never played any of the 3 titles due to being raised by outdoors enthusiast parents who didn't even have a TV until I was like 17.

I have a good buddy that grew up like that. He ended up with drinking as his hobby. How did you end up on this MMORPG website?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I have a good buddy that grew up like that. He ended up with drinking as his hobby. How did you end up on this MMORPG website?

I got a computer for, "education" when I was 13.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
reviews coming in, 83/100 on MC so far. basically all pretty positive but also saying its an extremely lazy port with absolutely no touchups, its basically ROM dump emulations

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
While I am a bit upset that these games are lazy ports I legitimately have never played any of them so meh. Worth it in my situation.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
While I am a bit upset that these games are lazy ports I legitimately have never played any of them so meh. Worth it in my situation.
Super Mario 64 is amazing.

I play Mario odyssey with my kiddo and always call moons, stars and tell her I always just think of the mario game I played. Told her we could get that one for the switch and she's ecstatic.

spronk

FPS noob
same, i played a bit of SM64 but never finished and not touched a second of the other two so getting my copy this week. nintendo fucking around and "pulling" it in march is also bizarre, but i guess the word is they are gonna release them as 3 seperate $20 digital games around that time

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I remember trying to go back to play Mario 64 awhile back and thinking that the control scheme was fucking awful. Hopefully they add some options
Are you fucking high? Mario 64 has the best controls of any game I've ever played, ever, and literally has had yet to be replicated by anything but subsequent Mario games.

I played the shit out of Mario 64 and Sunshine when they came out. Beat the piss out of both. Sunshine was brilliant.

Galaxy, is trash, only because it was made for the Wii and the stupid Wii-motes.

• 1Like

Szlia

Sunshine is a cool game, but, outside of a handful of sections that must be completed without the water skirting thingy, it is not really a Mario game because of the hovering.

Galaxy was ok, but it felt more like a collection of random disjointed ideas rather than a game built around a set of strong ideas that work with each other and are explored through the whole game.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got suckered with the mini Super Nintendo. I was super excited about it, but only played 2-3 games for about 10 minutes apiece. I don't think I am going to pay for nostalgia feels anymore.

• 1Like

Rude

Potato del Grande
I got suckered with the mini Super Nintendo. I was super excited about it, but only played 2-3 games for about 10 minutes apiece. I don't think I am going to pay for nostalgia feels anymore.
I immediately put all the roms I wanted on it and got some pretty good mileage out of it. Worked out since I had gotten rid of my super Nintendo and the games 10 years or so ago.