Super Mario Bros. (2022)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fadaar

That guy
I saw twitter in an uprage about Chris Pratt and I agreed until they left out the part where this is animated. I'm sure there's better choices, but he did really well in Lego Movie. Charlie Day as Luigi is a fucking slam dunk though for sure.

Were they mad because Pratt or because they didn't get an Italian guy? Cause, and I only know this from Googling it right now -- and this is just fucking hilarious -- Mario has been voiced by a GODDAMN FRENCHMAN ALL THESE YEARS.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Were they mad because Pratt or because they didn't get an Italian guy? Cause, and I only know this from Googling it right now -- and this is just fucking hilarious -- Mario has been voiced by a GODDAMN FRENCHMAN ALL THESE YEARS.
who will be in the movie, as Not-Mario

Szlia

Animated should be fine, especially if its made in japan.
It's being made by Illumination, the studio that makes the Despicable Me and the Secret Life of Pets films. Probably better news than having a 3D film made in Japan though.

In any case, Pratt or not Pratt, live action or 3D, the real question is.... who gives a rat's ass about a Mario story ? These characters really are no more than a set of hand puppets. I guess the "half full" take on this would be that the screenwriters have a lot of latitude to fleshen the characters and tell just about any kind of story they want. Also, they can rely on a very competent cast when it comes to line delivery and comedic timing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's being made by Illumination, the studio that makes the Despicable Me and the Secret Life of Pets films. Probably better news than having a 3D film made in Japan though.

In any case, Pratt or not Pratt, live action or 3D, the real question is.... who gives a rat's ass about a Mario story ? These characters really are no more than a set of hand puppets. I guess the "half full" take on this would be that the screenwriters have a lot of latitude to fleshen the characters and tell just about any kind of story they want. Also, they can rely on a very competent cast when it comes to line delivery and comedic timing.
this is what I'm saying. i grew up on Mario games. his backstory is non existent. when they release this, its gonna be heavily compared to Wreck It Ralph.
iu

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
What kind of scum hates Jack Black?!

his career shit the bed over ten years ago. his politics are also extreme to say the least. not interested in ever seeing him in anything. these people really need to get off social media. so many i have written off due to it. just make movies and entertain me. if you cant do that. you are no good to me.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm guessing Seth Rogan smoked and freebased all his cash and has become less discerning with the work he will take.
Going through his Imdb and trying to figure out when he was discerning

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I want this to be live action and I want it to be the promised sequel to the 90's movie.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
after all these years, who is still demanding to see a Mario Brothers movie? i rather see a Dragon Warrior or Gauntlet movie. of course we all would want an Everquest movie more than anything.
I’d watch an EverQuest movie but it would have to be a satirical take on actual EQ lore and what the community was like circa 1999.

Basically I want to see a live action version of Fansy the Bard training large retarded sands giants all over hapless adventures.
976A3036-20CC-4A02-B3BE-40367782C94F.gif

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
On topic…not looking forward to an animated Mario Bros. movie, but I guess someone will want to watch this.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I’d watch an EverQuest movie but it would have to be a satirical take on actual EQ lore and what the community was like circa 1999.

Basically I want to see a live action version of Fansy the Bard training large retarded sands giants all over hapless adventures.
View attachment 374469
oh totally, it cant be a serious movie, EQ was never a super serious game. if you played it that way you werent going to last very long. they made a TV show on Comedy Central called, Krod Mandoon and it was the closest thing ive ever seen to an Everquest type of show.

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
super mario bros super show...

korean

couldn't find a fat korean actor, just gave him a pillow

• 1Worf

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream

View attachment 374469
My early life as a wizard sucked ass until I learned how to quad kite... at 50 or 60. I'd just try to root and shoot things for little exp. It wasn't great. And those caster dervish cutthroaters would beat my ass with lightning shock always interrupting me.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
My early life as a wizard sucked ass until I learned how to quad kite... at 50 or 60. I'd just try to root and shoot things for little exp. It wasn't great. And those caster dervish cutthroaters would beat my ass with lightning shock always interrupting me.

wasnt worth quadding before 51