Super Mario Bros. (2022)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

gauze

Molten Core Raider

not sold on the voices but it looks like a damn good time.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I want to see a live action Banjo Kazooie movie. Cast Dave Bautista as Banjo and Sarah Silverman as Kazooie

I'm not familiar with the games, is Kazooie often tortured and murdered in the most abhorrent manner imagined? Because that's the only way I'm on board with your casting choices.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

not sold on the voices but it looks like a damn good time.

Yeah Bowser's voice was pretty lackluster in contrast to the penguin king (who presumably is in the movie for all of 3 minutes), which is disappointing. Does look fun though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah not sure about voices, got a string wreck it Ralph art vibe from Mario, my kids are gonna go nuts, may even have to see it in 3d

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
it actually looks really good and not shit, i can see this being a kid favorite

feels just like watching a cutscene from mario galaxy or all stars

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Yep, my kids are going to flip their shit over this one.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
nervous star wars GIF by Hyper RPG

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Why did they out out a trailer with a temporary voiceover for mario just reading his lines?

I bet they could bring Martinet in for half a day to redo the whole thing and still have time for a splatoon crossover dlc.

• 1Like

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thought Jack Black sounded ok as Bowser, Pratt sounded like Pratt (more like Mario is playing Chris Pratt). Beyond that the animation looks great, I would expect a ton of easter eggs from all the games. I also realize that for the most part I'm not the target audience for this and I'm ok with that.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
why doesnt Mario have a Mario accent anymore? since when is anyone afraid of offending italians? Italians really do speak a the english like a that.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
why doesnt Mario have a Mario accent anymore? since when is anyone afraid of offending italians? Italians really do speak a the english like a that.

Italians don't have to be offended, some blue hair will be on their behalf

• 4Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I don't think it was for any woke reason, I think they just wanted a name and Pratt was great in the Lego movie.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Like I said before, I don't mind it. I wouldn't want to listen to a high pitched exaggerated Italian accent for two hours. Kids will love it, it'll make millions and it looks alright otherwise.

I get why some may not be a fan though.

• 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Like I said before, I don't mind it. I wouldn't want to listen to a high pitched exaggerated Italian accent for two hours. Kids will love it, it'll make millions and it looks alright otherwise.

I get why some may not be a fan though.
If you can play Mario and listen to the comically Italian wahoos and shit for 2+ hours I'm not sure why it'd suddenly not work for a kid's movie.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
If you can play Mario and listen to the comically Italian wahoos and shit for 2+ hours I'm not sure why it'd suddenly not work for a kid's movie.

IS this a bad time to tell you I never play games with sound on and listen to music instead?

• 2WTF
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Barf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't need an exaggerated italian accent for it to be Mario, but I don't want to listen to Pratt just voicing Emmett again.

• 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
IS this a bad time to tell you I never play games with sound on and listen to music instead?
Appropriate time as any. I'd hazard a guess that most kids playing Mario games don't fall in that camp though.

• 1Like