Super Mario Bros. (2022)

Seananigans

Pistol-whipped
<Gold Donor>
190d 2h 52m

not sold on the voices but it looks like a damn good time.

Yeah Bowser's voice was pretty lackluster in contrast to the penguin king (who presumably is in the movie for all of 3 minutes), which is disappointing. Does look fun though.

• 1Like
Reactions: GuardianX

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
58d 4h 5m
Yeah not sure about voices, got a string wreck it Ralph art vibe from Mario, my kids are gonna go nuts, may even have to see it in 3d

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
it actually looks really good and not shit, i can see this being a kid favorite

feels just like watching a cutscene from mario galaxy or all stars

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
283d 14h 31m
nervous star wars GIF by Hyper RPG

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
102d 4h 55m
Why did they out out a trailer with a temporary voiceover for mario just reading his lines?

I bet they could bring Martinet in for half a day to redo the whole thing and still have time for a splatoon crossover dlc.

• 1Like
Reactions: GuardianX

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
27d 6h 24m
Thought Jack Black sounded ok as Bowser, Pratt sounded like Pratt (more like Mario is playing Chris Pratt). Beyond that the animation looks great, I would expect a ton of easter eggs from all the games. I also realize that for the most part I'm not the target audience for this and I'm ok with that.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
why doesnt Mario have a Mario accent anymore? since when is anyone afraid of offending italians? Italians really do speak a the english like a that.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
42d 16h 8m
I don't think it was for any woke reason, I think they just wanted a name and Pratt was great in the Lego movie.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
42d 16h 8m
Like I said before, I don't mind it. I wouldn't want to listen to a high pitched exaggerated Italian accent for two hours. Kids will love it, it'll make millions and it looks alright otherwise.

I get why some may not be a fan though.

• 1Like
Reactions: Falstaff

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
107d 12h 18m
Like I said before, I don't mind it. I wouldn't want to listen to a high pitched exaggerated Italian accent for two hours. Kids will love it, it'll make millions and it looks alright otherwise.

I get why some may not be a fan though.
If you can play Mario and listen to the comically Italian wahoos and shit for 2+ hours I'm not sure why it'd suddenly not work for a kid's movie.

• 2Like
Reactions: Chukzombi and Brodhi

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
396d 16h 46m
I don't need an exaggerated italian accent for it to be Mario, but I don't want to listen to Pratt just voicing Emmett again.

• 1Like
Reactions: Tarrant

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
107d 12h 18m
IS this a bad time to tell you I never play games with sound on and listen to music instead?
Appropriate time as any. I'd hazard a guess that most kids playing Mario games don't fall in that camp though.

• 1Like
Reactions: Tarrant