Survivor 25: Philippines

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I think that the majority of the jury has their mind made up before that last tribal council.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This was a pretty good season with the winner actually being the most likeable/deserving winner. That, in and of itself, is impressive.

The "favorites" for next season are not very exciting at all.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Going into the last episode, I was sure it was Malcolm or Denise, then I thought Lisa had a chance after Tribal Council. Did they mention Denise was from Cedar Rapids earlier in the season? That seems like something that I would have remembered. Anyway, it was one of the better seasons in a while.

I don't recognize most of those names for Favorites...I'll probably remember them when I see them, but I think watching 15 seasons in a little over a year has really screwed up my ability to differentiate what happened when.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
I don't recognize most of those names for Favorites...I'll probably remember them when I see them, but I think watching 15 seasons in a little over a year has really screwed up my ability to differentiate what happened when.
I'd say that for all but 1 of the returning players that they had impacts on their season and are known for something. The problem is that these are misfit survivors, either really crazy in a dumb way, good but dull, or just kinda side characters who never had a shot to be serious contenders. I just hope that they're giving these players a shot so we don't get too burned out on the real big time Survivor players (which was becoming a problem with Russell, James, Parvati and Amanda among others).

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I would happily watch Parvati or James again hehe. Little Hantz on the other hand, was absolutely terrible. Can't imagine why they would bring him back.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I agree. I'm just trying to make sense of it. If I were to make 2 allstar tribes of 10 each, I would put maybe 2 of these people on them (Malcolm and Brenda). This is like a 4th or 5th rate allstar tribe at best.

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Brandon Hantz makes Lisa Whelchel seem intelligent, commanding and decisive. Another season of constant inner-conflict soul searching via the God-phone.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Look at the bright side...at least it's possible we could get another season full of religious zealots out of this!

No, but seriously...I hope someone pretends to be religious, starts a cult, and keeps saying in confessionals what a load of crock it is...while Hantz is bowing down to him the whole time. That might be fun.

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's sort of what Coach did. I mean Coach didn't come out and say it was a croc, but it was so obvious he was using some generalized zen-spirituality thing to manipulate and pacify that he may as well have. But even Coach failed at being a successful Brandon Whisperer. You can't control that kind of crazy.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, me too. It was pretty clear that he believed in his heart that he was going to win no matter who went to F3 with him.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They might be calling it Fans vs Favorites now... but I guarantee it will be called Morons vs Misfits by the time the show starts... have you seen the cast? I mean seriously, something is up.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, we've seen the returning cast, I posted it on Sunday night. My theory is that they're saving the real all-stars for a Heroes VS Villains type of season, maybe 27 or 28. Every person coming back for s26 has never come back before, so they're trying to cycle in some new "all-star" faces so the big names don't get used up any more than they already have. They're probably also hoping to give the Fans a chance this time, since they got fucking annihilated by the Favorites in s16.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
They might be calling it Fans vs Favorites now... but I guarantee it will be called Morons vs Misfits by the time the show starts... have you seen the cast? I mean seriously, something is up.
This. It's basically all the fuck-ups.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Possible Names for Next Season:
TrainWreck1.gif

• Coat-tail Riders vs Short-bus Riders?
  • The Incompetent vs The Inept?
  • The Medicated vs The Manic?
  • The Dumb vs the Dumber?
  • The Unemployed vs The Unemployable?
  • Pyschos vs Sociopaths?
  • Qwerty's vs Tad10's?

TrainWreck1.gif

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Still better than the 1-Returning Player per team idea. Usually someone comes in with a new mindset/attitude in these All-Star games and makes it entertaining. Besides, if you put a Boston Rob or Pavarti level player in, you know the newbies won't stand a chance.