Survivor 26: Caramoan

Sean_sl

shitlord
Welp, I'm glad Cochran and Amber won't be steam rolled out of her by Corrine and her man alliance.

On the other hand, I'm torn about the prospect of Phillip being around for a long time still. The drama he creates is hilarious, but god he is such a fucking douchebag.

And lol telling Dawn anything.

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Great episode. More awesome Cochran camera asides. Cochran eating gross shit like he was a Thai hooker in another life and doing his touchdown dance.

Corrine not being satisfied with being on a winning alliance because she's not in charge so she hangs herself. fucking great. Bye, you smug turd.

Brenda is just determined to play under the radar though. I chose her at the outset to be my upset pick to win it all, but to be honest i'll be disappointed if she does win. Yeah, she's hot but she isn't much more interesting this season than that Julia chick.

I agree that Phil is douchey but it's not so bothersome because you know they're just humoring him. No one will be giving Shaft Bond a million dollars.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've never understood laying out your hand early. There's no reason to start blabbing about who you're taking out in the next vote.

Cochran is delivering every week with the wit. I really hope he wins it.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
SO FUCKING GOOD. I needed a tissue after watching Corinne's torch get snuffed and it wasn't for tears.

From Cochrane talking about how the gross food challenge would improve his love life to the end of tribal council, this episode delivered. I loved Cochrane's touchdown celebration and how everyone was genuinely happy for him. I also enjoyed him and Andrea in an alliance of clever weaklings. I am really hoping he wins now.

Corinne fucked up and played too hard too soon. The foreshadowing with her saying "it's blindside time" in the confessional was great. I thought at first when they showed it that it might end with her getting blindsided, but that seemed to awesome to hope for. Malcom is making the same mistake. He's taken himself out of a clearly strong alliance and now he's scrambling. I like him, but the combination of him being possibly the biggest physical threat and the fact that he turned on his alliance early is going to be hard to overcome. On the other hand, him and Reynold both having hidden immunity idols could swing things if they can play them correctly.

Philip has no one loyal to him. He will be easy to vote out at any point and getting him out doesn't need to be a priority even though he's annoying as hell. He's the classic case of the guy you would like to sit next to at FTC but you can't stand to have around that long.

I can't believe Eric is really that out of it. He made the right choice of alliances though. He is clearly the strongest athletically in the now majority alliance and has positioned himself to vote out his biggest competition and then have a shot at an immunity run late in the game.

The icing on the cake of the episode was Corinne's statement when she voted "You played a good game but unfortunately I wasn't in the market for any new friends". Suck it bitch.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Fucking great episode. It seems like it was the first blindside we've seen on Survivor in a while. I don't remember being that excited during a tribal council in a long time.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I hate calling them blindsides. How often does a person really know that they're going home? It's almost always a surprise to that person, otherwise they would've been fighting to convince people otherwise.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Power Rankings
1.Andrea Boehlke- Female in a power alliance, can call the shots without being seen as a threat. People like her and trust her.
2.John Cochran- Not seen a physical threat and an underdog in every sense of the word. Is letting Phillip take all the heat for being the leader, while still very much deciding the moves the power alliance is making.
3.Dawn Meehan- Played a major part last week in the ousting of Corrine and showed she is here to win.
4.Phillip Sheppard- Self proclaimed leader of his alliance, but his antics could get him blindsided soon.
5.Erik Reichenbach- On the outside looking in, but still in the power-alliance. People are unsure of his motives and allegiance.
6.Brenda Lowe- Like Erik, on the fringe of the power-alliance and will likely have an opportunity play a swing vote.
7.Malcolm Freberg- Made a major move last week and showed his hand. Correct use of his idol will be key to stay in the game.
8.Reynold Toepfer- Like Malcom, his idol gives him some leverage and power, even though he might be seen as the next logical one to go.
9.Michael Snow- A likeable guy that has been on the wrong end of the numbers sense the beginning. Plays an above average social and physical game.
10.Sherri Biethman- She can only hope to be a pawn and play a swing vote to stay in the game as long as possible. Not a single person is committed to her.
11.Edward "Eddie" Fox- A physical threat like Reynold, except without an idol. He is in serious danger.

I think we are being setup for a very dull final tribal council. An Andrea, Brenda, and Dawn finale might be the biggest bore-fest of all time, yet I can see all the pieces falling together to that end.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tribal tonight was both awesome and terrible at the same time. Like having sex with a really hot woman, only to have her flip over and kick you in the balls just before the money shot. Dang what a let down. Still a brilliant move by Malcom to play someone else's idol.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Oh man, there is going to be some drama coming. That was a fun episode. Also Phillip's blatant tip off was hilarious.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wow. That was one of the worst challenges (reward) that I've ever seen. What a crap design. Should've been more like a slightly smaller soccer goal where the goalie is close. With how far off they were, it was easy to just loft it over the defender.

I love the insecurity in this game sometimes. People have a perfect plan, and then it all goes to shit when they get the slightest hint that something MAY not go 100% their way. I like how Malcolm convinced Reynold to give him the idol, and he's the only one who cast a vote for the guy. It'll be interesting the next time they try to get rid of Malcolm and he has the idol though. Or if Reynold finds it a 3rd time (assuming they'd rehide the 2nd one). May end up that they all assume the idol is rehidden but now there's only one, and Malcolm already has it, leading to a wild goose chase.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Two poorly designed challenges tonight. Reward challenge needed the platform 3 or 4 feet closer to the goal. The immunity challenge favored Brenda and her skinny face and limbs.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I was mad when Andrea freaked out and switched things up but it turned out it saved her life since Malcom sniffed out the move that they almost made apparently. I am confused about his vote though, why did he vote for Reynold? Is he actually still trying to stick with the favorites despite his confessionals? or did he realize that his plan was not going to work and make a last-ditch attempt to make the favorites think that he is still with them? Maybe I missed something but that confused me because I thought he was voting for Andrea.

I can't believe Reynold went from playing the idol for himself and gave it to Malcom just because Malcom blurted it out. The idol would have been wasted either way, but if they had voted for Reynold he would have gone head to head with Erik and James and everyone else in the "stupidest move ever" hall of fame.

I'm really liking this season. With the exception of Erik everyone is playing hard and every tribal is a chess match. Still rooting for Andrea and Cochrane even though they would have been the last ones I would have picked as a power couple at the beginning of the season.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Cochran and Dawn are a couple, Andrea is outside of that but is still within the alliance. Andrea is too far out in front and exposed now, and I can't see her making it too much longer, especially now that another Fan has been sent home.

Brenda must have pissed off the producers. She has still only had 1 fucking confessional this entire season, and that was on episode 1. She won immunity tonight, FFS. No confessionals, nothing in tribal.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I forgot to add that as soon as I saw Malcolm walking over to Dawn, I said to my wife, "Oh man, don't go to Dawn. She's going to screw you so bad." Sure enough, he talked to her and the very next scene was her selling him out. She'll drop the dime on you and then cry about it. Fucking craziness.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
That was a crazy tribal council with a lame vote-off at the end though. Next week should be interesting as Malcolm has to explain to his first alliance why he freaked out and then to his second alliance why he voted for Reynold(what was that about?!). I don't know if Phil was making a genius move by making Malcolm think he was getting voted out or if Phil was just in crazy-mode talking retarded shit. Either way, I love Phil.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I thought that was one of the best Survivor episodes that I can remember. Maybe the reward challenge was weak (they used the same one on Brenda's original season and it sucked then, too), but I don't really care about that...I like the endurance competitions and everything from the scrambling to the tribal council to Malcolm using someone else's idol to the way the votes broke down was amazing. Cochran even came through with some more great confessionals. I wonder if Phillip would have still said the stuff that tipped Malcolm off if they hadn't changed their vote to Michael. I may be giving him too much credit in thinking that they played it that way to try to flush the idol.

I don't know if it was intelligence, gut, or luck that drove those decisions, but that episode ranks as one of my favorites now.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
If that ended up being intelligence/skill on Shepard's part, he's a goddamn genius. I'm pretty sure it was just luck, however.