Survivor 26: Caramoan

Kubla Kas_sl

shitlord
Yeah you definitely used to have a small 2 person alliance that was in a bigger one and you never knew they made an alliance on day 1 until the end of the game and they finally admitted to it. Current players are usually just doofs.

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol, I agree that players seem to be getting dumber. That's why I said "Andrea is a dumbass" before. She went straight to Brandon to let him know the fix was on against him, then she gets all upset and starts bawling when Brandon comes unhinged.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah you definitely used to have a small 2 person alliance that was in a bigger one and you never knew they made an alliance on day 1 until the end of the game and they finally admitted to it. Current players are usually just doofs.
Reynold and Eddie likely wouldn't be in the position they were now if their "pretty people alliance" wasn't so obvious. Though, I wouldn't say we don't still see this. Even this season, Michael and Matt seem to be operating an alliance within an alliance as well as Corinne and Malcolm. Of course, it remains to be seen if it'll continue that way.

lol, I agree that players seem to be getting dumber. That's why I said "Andrea is a dumbass" before. She went straight to Brandon to let him know the fix was on against him, then she gets all upset and starts bawling when Brandon comes unhinged.
I think therein lies the biggest difference between Boston Rob and Phillip. Boston Rob wouldn't just target people he didn't trust or viewed as threats but also those he saw that he couldn't control. If someone in his alliance blabbed his plan, therefore potentially weakening his position in the game, he either would've touched base and fixed the problem or gotten rid of them, which, if I recall, are both things Boston Rob had to do with Andrea since she was so emotional and didn't think.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's going to be super awkward for the one guy.

Cochran's "I don't see myself penetrating that group" was awesome. Even Probst had a hard time holding back a laugh.

The Gota tribe is fucking stacked until the merge. That challenge was a rout.

Pumpkin Thief

I loved Philip's pep talk after they got destroyed where he inadvertantly stated that the other team was just a way superior group. Being on a losing tribe will bring forth the lulz from him.

I feel kind of bad for Cochran though I look forward to his weekly analysis of the degeneration of that crappy tribe. I hope he survives to the merge.

Also hope brand new alliances are forged on the orange tribe so that things stay interesting after they merge.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
God damn Corinne is fucking obnoxious.

I was starting to think that maybe people were buying in to Phil as a leader. This week made it pretty clear that they are just humoring him.

I'm disappointed that Matt went home, he is pretty interesting. On the other hand, I think it was probably the right move. Obviously the two guys were tight and it makes more sense to break them up than to vote out Julia who is clearly harmless. I was also finding Matt's weird ass beard increasingly disturbing the more I looked at it.

Reynold started in with the "we're the good looking ones again yay!" was barf worthy. Fuck that guy.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
They could have sent the gay dude home instead. Not that it really matters though, they're fucked when it comes to anything remotely physical with or without Matt.

They need to get rid of the completely random tribe swaps and go back to the schoolyard pickem. Mixes things while keeping things balanced (and if they aren't, then someone fucked up and it's their own damn fault).

Pumpkin Thief

I was glad Julia didn't go home just because that bitch Corinne was gunning for her. I don't want to see anything go her way. I hope people continue to humor Phil long enough for him to get his wish and "use his stiletto" on Corinne and send her packing.

I give Matt some credit for trying his hardest to talk to people and make some moves, but in the end he had nothing to offer really, except an obvious and marginally threatening (keep your besty 2-person alliances secret, you dumb shits)partnership with the event planner, and like Cochran said, he reeked of desperation.

Brenda, you hot little Asian pixie sprite, you need to be getting more screen time! She is quiet and has her head down this season for sure.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Almost seems not worth watching for the next month, that tribe swap was insanely, stupidly unfair. Leaving that shit up to a random draw is not good television.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, while I appreciate the "mix up" to keep things interesting, it is so lopsided it's not even funny. I agree that it should have been school-yard pick.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
School yard pick lets people keep their alliances together which is kind of the opposite of what they're trying to do with the shake up. It did wind up pretty lopsided physically though.

lindz

#DDs
I think it's funny how much Corinne dislikes other women. Her completely irrational hate of Julia... gunning for Andrea earlier on in the season....

Bane_sl

shitlord
Is Julia the most boring Survivor contestant ever? She looks like a slug 100% of the time the camera is on her. And I think this is probably the first episode where she got interview time, right? I don't recall ever seeing her before.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cochran is gold. Him talking about Phillip was fucking hilarious. Part of that was how out there Phillip is becoming.

I like how Cochran also called out Julia for being so boring.

Pumpkin Thief

Philip is funny as hell and I am glad for his lolz, but man...This was the first time ive ever felt full blown sad for the guy. I actually looked away from the TV screen cringing, shaking my head when he was trying to tell Cochran about supposedly throwing that challenge. The mind of a child and the ego of a North Korean dictator. How the fuck did he get a job working for the feds?

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
The scene with Cochrane talking to Philip interspersed with Cochrane doing the play by play of the conversation was comedy gold for sure.

Dawn summed it up perfectly though, Philip severely overestimates his strengths and is totally blind to his weaknesses. The part where he did a 20 minute speech about how strong he is and then immediately died in the reward challenge was a great example of it. "The girls will tire!" LOL. I really wanted Corinne to take his weight for him but I am sure he would rather lose the reward than give it to her.

The favorites should be looking at this as a plus, they got to take out two fans, but it looks like Malcom might be planning to shake things up and he will probably just succeed in getting himself voted off first after the merge if he's not careful. When people find out about dude-bro alliance they are going to want to break that shit up right away and it's not a good move to endanger a big alliance to form a smaller one not to mention taking people who are big physical threats further in the game.

I thought it was cute when Corinne said "I have the idol with Malcom". If you have ever watched survivor you know that the person that has it in their pocket is the only one that has it.

Pumpkin Thief

I have to believe that Malcom is just shining Reynold on. There is no possible reason to bro-mance up with him at this point as long as your previous favs-alliance is still intact post merger, which all signs so far indicate 'yes'. Surely Malcom knows this and will be happily looking to get rid of other young physical threats like Reynold and Eddie when he already has numbers.

A few episodes ago I had started to like Reynold a little more but that's gone now. Dude has some natural cleverness (finding the idol twice)but refuses to speak to anyone who isn't young and pretty. He has nothing going for himself going into this merger save for the immunity idol and what does he do? He rolls onto his back and pisses himself like a scared dog in a show of submissive fealty, exposing his possession of the idol to try and gain the trust of Malcom, the one person who has the least to gain by associating himself with Reynold.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
By all means and measures, that was a filler episode... but it was still great. I really love this season. A few thoughts:

1. Cochrane is destroying in his interviews and I hope he wins fan-favorite.
  2. There is nothing pretty to look at, /sigh =(
  3. Julia (is that her name?) is one of the most forgettable people they have ever had on the show.
  4. Phillip sucks and is completely delusional, but I love him. He brings so many ridiculous lol's that I hope he goes to the end.
  5. I like Malcom's strategy of establishing a sub-alliance with Eddy and Reynold. After the final merge, the physical threats will be targeted and now he has a buffer (with 2 idols).
  6. With the merge coming next week, the purple team is lucky they only had 2 eliminations after the team shake-up. They all could have been decimated from the game if Probst strung it out further.
  7. Oh, Brenda... I lied, there is something pretty to look at. Where has she been this season? Has she even done one interview?
  8. Erik... another case of "where the hell you at?" His passing out with a smile and a cookie on his chest was great though.
  9. Corrine describing Phillip as a Tubby Lunchbox might be the quote of the season.
  10. As good as this season has been, the Tribal's have mostly predictable and underwhelming. The great thing about the game is that it is so multifaceted.