Survivor 26: Caramoan

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
And I don't get the RC thing, for real. I have a total girl crush on Parvati and Brenda, but RC? I can't get past her terrible face.
I get past her face pretty quickly as my eyes move downward to the rest of her.

Parvati and Brenda are both smoking hot, too. There's room for all of them in my spank-bank.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
There's a rumor out there that the Colton part is wrong, and the other person is actuallyThe Rob That Sucksand his wife. Makes sense for the gender balance (unless you count Colton as a chick, and you should). Rob C would be awesome...easily one of my top 10 favorite Survivors (he's from way back in Amazon...he's the first one to really flip the game with alliance positioning and swapping).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Having Colton on would be like if they had Rudy on again.. except calling everyone queer, Colton would be calling them all slaves and shit.

Watching Rudy was kind of uncomfortable. He had a really unpredictable look in his eyes.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd take RC over Parvatti (gasp)... if I could get that hyena laugh in-check. Different strokes for different folks.

Bill Simmons and Dave Jacoby of ESPN/Grantland have been talking about this "partners" gimmick for the game for awhile now. I am not sold on it. You will have unbreakable 2-somes, but I am sure they will have at least one "betrayal" during the season that editing will run wild with. Maybe it becomes interesting once they shake up the tribes and you have partners in opposite tribes competing. Could get messy when you have people on opposite sides, both trying to throw the challenges for their own reasons.

There have been plenty of partner seasons of MTV's The Challenge, if you are looking for parallels or the general dynamic. Even when they partner rivals or hated enemy's together, they almost always figure it out, have each others backs, and take on an "us against the world" mentality. Far less inner-duo drama than you would think.

This gimmick is going to change the pure game of "Survivor" as much or more than Redemption Island did. I am wary.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
I'm totally fine with it if Colton is out, and we get to see the Aras/Tyson/Rob Cesternino broliance.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Having Colton on would be like if they had Rudy on again.. except calling everyone queer, Colton would be calling them all slaves and shit.

Watching Rudy was kind of uncomfortable. He had a really unpredictable look in his eyes.
Seriously. He's the old man who has just recently lost his mind; still somewhat coherent, but he doesn't have that mental check on what he's saying anymore. When Probst turned at the very end and Rudy threw out one last queer, I could tell everyone was starting to get a bit uncomfortable. Not sure what they were thinking having him on.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Ugh. I hope that list isn't real. 3 people from One World? Seems lame. Tyson is always entertaining though. He's about the only person I'm excited to see return. His confessionals are hilarious.

antoine_sl

shitlord
God I hope that is not accurate at all... but I know that it is. Colton? Really? And his boyfriend? Are you serious? It's not that he's gay, it's the fact that he is completely intolerant to anyone else and is a complete scumbag. The only way Colton would be entertaining was if they put him, Naonka, Randy, and Alicia Rosa on one tribe. Rupert... this will be his fourth time no? His first season was before I started watching Survivor, and I was excited when he was going to be on Heroes vs Villians, but I found him to be rather annoying more than anything.

Aras is ok, but honestly in a season full of characters he wasn't one of them. Not saying he didn't play a good game but Cirie, Shane, and that dude who was a challenge beast stole the attention. I agree Tyson is awesome and will assuredly be entertaining. If she can shelve that annoying laugh, RC is easy on the eyes as well.
rumors have it that Terry (the challenge beast from Aras's season) was going to go, but had to drop out and they got Rupert instead. ugh.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ya, They have had returning players on every season but two since Heroes vs Villains (One world and Nicaragua). And the new players they do bring back seem to be majority recruits. Guess what? While fun to look at, pretty people are boring. Put 18 true fans on an island and let the fireworks roll. I don't care if they are ugly, as long as they are interesting and savvy. Ugh I the more I think about it, the more I think this next season is going to suck.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'll reserve judgement seeing as this most recent season was one of the best in recent memory and it had lots of "pretty" people and returning players.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yep this season ranks up there as one of the best for me, and I guess "pretty people" was a bad term. I really just mean recruits, and the fact that they seem to do more harm to the game then good.

And that was his name Terry, and it's a bummer he couldn't make it back. He was a guy I have hoped would return since the season he was on and he never has. And while 26 was an awesome season, I'm just ready for a few seasons in a row of 100% new players again. I'm ok with the 1 returning player per tribe format as a compromise, but I just don't understand why they can't just find 18 interesting people.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
One returning player per tribe shifts the dynamic too much for it to be a "pure" season. The returning player gets way too much airtime, and ends up dominating the tribe 9 out of 10 times. I'm all for all-star seasons, and fresh cast seasons, but it really needs to be one or the other.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
One returning player per tribe shifts the dynamic too much for it to be a "pure" season. The returning player gets way too much airtime, and ends up dominating the tribe 9 out of 10 times. I'm all for all-star seasons, and fresh cast seasons, but it really needs to be one or the other.
This.
Finally got around to watching the finale. I was starting to get mad when Malcolm's vote was "not who he came in expecting to vote for" because I thought he had changed his vote to Dawn. Eddie didn't play the game better, but he would have had Reynold, Malcolm, and Andrea voting for him, at least. Possibly Eric and the gay guy...and then would Dawn be bitter enough at not being taken to the Final 3 to vote for him? Taking Dawn was the best choice, but I didn't think Cochran would sweep. (I don't watch the Ponderosa stuff.) Glad he did, though...played a solid game.

Back to the current topic...I'm ok with mixing things up. Most of my favorite seasons have been All-Stars/Heroes vs Villains/Fans vs Favorites, so that's fine. They should probably just alternate, though...one season of completely new people and one where they bring players back.

Bane_sl

shitlord
I feel like they only use recent players because they don't want to take a chance on older generation Survivor players. I mean seriously, how awesome would it be having Rudy play against Colton!? Did you hear how he talked about his Queer friend, Richard Hatch?! That was TV Gold!