Survivor

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Debbie once again proving to be her own worst enemy. It feels good to see her go when she's so confident, although that's kind of how it always goes.

Not sure if it was the best move for Sarah, but man is it satisfying.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Cirie fatting it up in the challenge and getting sympathy for it was cringeworthy. Jeff talked her into finishing it so we could have a big "I'm so stronk" moment for her. GTFO

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Did miss something? Why did they take out Debbie instead of Sierra? I'm glad they did, but I don't understand how it makes sense from a strategic standpoint.

Kellim

Silver Knight of the Realm
It didn't make sense to take out Debbie over Sierra or Brad.

But, Debbie is an arrogant and annoying psychopath who can't go 10 minutes without mentioning the Civil Air Patrol, so why not.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cirie fatting it up in the challenge and getting sympathy for it was cringeworthy. Jeff talked her into finishing it so we could have a big "I'm so stronk" moment for her. GTFO
Yeah, that was pretty bad.

The contrast between the two black women was interesting, however. Michaela once again got her "black girl attitude" on and threw a fit, completely missing the incredibly obvious advantage at her feet. I feel like Cirie is the only rootable black woman that's ever been on the show.

I think on Michaela's season, I gave her the benefit of the doubt that she was probably just effected by Survivor (lack of food/sleep) to explain her bitchiness. But no, I think that's just her personality. She'll never win a game like Survivor.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I said last season that Micheala could never win, but it was because she was so emotional. She still came across as likable in her first season. In this one it seems like everyone considers her unbearable to live around, even though they haven't really shown us what she does around camp that's so annoying. I suppose that's hard to edit if there isn't a big blow up or something. I feel like if this were her first season then there would be no way she would have come back for a second one. It *was* stupid to leave her out instead of Cerie from the perspective of winning the challenge, but you have to win the game, not reward challenges so I know why they did it. Also, from the way people are talking it's going to be less of a reward if she is there.

I'm glad Sarah found the advantage instead of Micheala. I'm surprised she was able to jump onto the platform and get it without anyone noticing. Seems like someone would be like, WTF are you going over there for? It was a good episode for Sarah and even though I don't really picture her winning, she's a gamer. She also seems like a genuinely nice person.

Brad was correct when he was talking about not taking your whole alliance on a reward, but if you leave the bottom of the alliance behind, they're going to be talking no matter what. You should really leave the top of the alliance out. If he had left Sierra and Debbie or Tai he probably wouldn't have to worry. Rewards are so dangerous in this game, it's really one of the most devious aspects of Survivor. Because you need the food so bad, you have to try to win, but winning almost always has a chance of blowing up your game, especially as you get closer to the end.

More weird editing this episode. We never saw Cerie being involved in the strategy after the challenge. Maybe it was because they telegraphed that the majority alliance was going to lose and it was Cerie's idea to take out Debbie and they wanted there to be a surprise. If I was on survivor I would make sure to never say something like "the alliance is solid" or "we are in control of this game" because you know that the only way that is going to make the show is if they play it just before your shit falls apart. On top of that, it's just a dumb thing to say. Somebody is on the bottom of every alliance and thus no alliance is solid. If you think you're running the game, then other people almost certainly think that too, which means you're not going to be running it for long.

By no means is the Sierra/Brad alliance dead though. They have 3 idols and they could easily take back the majority with them except that I don't think Brad or Sierra know about any of them. I'm sure as soon as there is danger though, Tai will tell them about at least one of his and he has proven on multiple occasions that he's willing to play an idol to save someone else in his alliance.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Oh and Debbie has to be one of the least self-aware people ever to play survivor. I am looking forward to her exit interviews just to hear whatever delusional nonsense that she has told herself was going on in the game.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Debbie... lul

Aubry called Debbie's ouster once again, proving she is one of the smarter and most aware people in the game. I just wish Aubry was a bit better in challenges or puzzles to up her respect level.

I really feel like they are giving either Sarah or Cirie a hero's edit. I think we might be seeing one or both of them at the end.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I hate prognosticating based on the edit but you might be right. It also worries me for Aubrey that we're not seeing more of her in confessionals and such. I think on her last season she didn't really come into her own until late in the season but it seems like if she was going to be a major factor then we would be seeing more of her at this stage.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It *was* stupid to leave her out instead of Cerie from the perspective of winning the challenge, but you have to win the game, not reward challenges so I know why they did it. Also, from the way people are talking it's going to be less of a reward if she is there.
Cirie was a captain

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I forgot that when I posted. Either way, a lot of people got picked that were definitely worse at challenges than Michaela.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah I forgot that when I posted. Either way, a lot of people got picked that were definitely worse at challenges than Michaela.
Michaela is probably top 5 Woman Survivor, in challenges with Amanda/Parvati/Candice/Stephani

It was all about alliances.

Her edit is really forgiving imo, the white ppl really can't stand her black ass.

You'd think ppl known as "gamechangers" wouldn't be so stupid as to just want to vote off a black girl, for being an annoying black girl, but nope, they literally had to fight that demon and try to vote off the pretty blond instead.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I feel like Cirie is the only rootable black woman that's ever been on the show.

What about the bodybuilder lady a couple seasons ago? She was the one that hung out with the white supremacist looking bounty hunter guy with the special needs daughter and the dickhead ex-NBA guy.

We were watching the last show and at the part where Debbie starts spouting her stuff about how she is a commander in the Civil Air Patrol, my wife says "Is Debbie like a real life Dwight from The Office?"

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's strange that I barely remember her. She was the last jury member though on Kaoh Rong. Same season as Debbie, Tai, Aubry, and Caleb. And I just realized that Kaoh Rong was heavily represented in this season.

Looking back, I remember her kind of getting screwed by the Scot/Kyle alliance. And based on the cast, she would've been a much better choice than Tai or Debbie to bring back. Feels like she was way better at the game than either of them. Certainly better than Michaela.

Yeah, she was definitely someone you could root for. So I guess that's two black women.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Weight loss, 1.5 lbs. JFC, WEMEN! These girls don't even know what is to be hungry.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It's strange that I barely remember her. She was the last jury member though on Kaoh Rong. Same season as Debbie, Tai, Aubry, and Caleb. And I just realized that Kaoh Rong was heavily represented in this season.

Looking back, I remember her kind of getting screwed by the Scot/Kyle alliance. And based on the cast, she would've been a much better choice than Tai or Debbie to bring back. Feels like she was way better at the game than either of them. Certainly better than Michaela.

Yeah, she was definitely someone you could root for. So I guess that's two black women.
body builder black chick didn't have a personality beyond, "i could break you", and the fact that as a woman she lost like 30lbs (i think she said was thinner than ever, and the worst weight cut she's ever had).

Weight loss, 1.5 lbs. JFC, WEMEN! These girls don't even know what is to be hungry.
tbf, Debbie is pretty much skin bones, and she's pretty muscular for an old lady.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As said, kinda strange to vote Debbie over the real threats. Debbie has 0 chance of winning most immunity challenges, let alone the whole game. I could understand voting her out if she was part of my own alliance, as she is completely spastic and could blow up a plan / your game at any moment. But when she is in the opposite alliance? That is a huge detriment to the other team.. keep her around to stir up shit for the others. Vote out the playmakers like Sierra and Brad. The only thing that makes sense is if they assumed they had idols. Debbie would be the easy vote.

Now for my semi "racist" rant: I think that episode highlighted that racism based on skin color isn't a thing. Most "racists" hate that ghetto culture. Cirie has always been a nice person to everyone. Yea, she was out of shape and struggled like a mofo in that challenge.. but people wanted her to succeed. You can feel the bond people have with her as they talked about it afterward. Now, as a polar opposite contrast, you have Michaela. Fulfills the "angry black woman" stereotype to the extreme. Apparently people can't stand her. If Cirie wasn't in this season, am willing to bet there would be certain individuals crying racism as they saw the tribe isolating and shit talking Michaela. The truth is, she is just a shitty human being. No one want's to be around that shit regardless of your skin color. Unfortunately, there's a culture that comes with certain upbringings. That culture (ie: behavior) is the shit people can't stand. The world needs more Ciries.