Switch emulators Ryujinx and Yuzu

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
How complicated is this to get up and running? I was planning to get it for the Switch but seeing it in 4K, and knowing I can disable weapon durability on the pc if I want, has got me interested.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Everything you guys need is on the first page of the thread, maybe try reading it?

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I did find Yuzu harder to set up but the performance seems way better. If you use Ryujinx you may need to edit your dead zones on controller analog sticks to prevent some drift.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Okay this weekend I'm going to take another shot at getting Yuzu working, since it should run better than Ryujinx on my old ass pc.

Wondering what version of Yuzu I should use, and also how I go.about getting the 1.1 update file, as I'm still playing the 1.0 build of the game. (Ryujinx holds around 27-30 fps but has a lot of stuttering beyond just shader compiling)

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I found yuzu very unstable and it would crash and I would lose my save games with regularity. Ryujinx was far more stable in my experience and crashes don't lead to broken game saves. The weird pop up boxes on controller disconnects is frustrating but otherwise it's been a great experience. Between the two I'd definitely recommend ryujinx.

I had issues getting the latest firmware to work, any time something multiplayer or character related would pop up it would lock up. I ended up using a 10.x version over the latest.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jdfording

Trakanon Raider
I have the game running on Yuzu perfectly. I couldn't find a firmware that didn't give errors on starting Yuzu so I don't use any switch firmware just the 16.02 key file. Make sure you download the NSP version of the rom and patch file. The XCI version of the rom wouldn't patch with the NSP patch file.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I have the game running on Yuzu perfectly. I couldn't find a firmware that didn't give errors on starting Yuzu so I don't use any switch firmware just the 16.02 key file. Make sure you download the NSP version of the rom and patch file. The XCI version of the rom wouldn't patch with the NSP patch file.

Have you tried Mario Kart 8? It would always lock up on player select for me in both emulators.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
You using open gl or Vulcan? Vulcan seems to have much faster shader compilation where ogl will cause some pretty severe pauses during it.

Last edited:

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Have pretty solid performance on TotK but loading up Luigi's Mansion 3 (always wanted to try it, but its not a $60 value) and its like 10-15 fps. It's really weird, think it's running yuzu inside emodeck

jdfording

Trakanon Raider
Vulcan is the only way to go. OpenGL pauses too much. I had to purge the shader folder after it hit around 20k shaders because the framerate dropped to 15-20fps and was really choppy. After the purge it was back to a solid 30 and smooth. Running on a 3080 12gb card and a 5800X3D processor with 64gb of memory. My settings.

Screenshot 2023-05-20 030424.png

Screenshot 2023-05-20 030513.png

spronk

FPS noob
latest version of yuzu, uploaded an hour ago, fixes a lot of VRAM issues both at the low end (4gb) and high end (vram leaks) plus some ATSC fixes it seems. I'd still wait a few days to use it, let others figure out what new things break. You can run multiple versions at once, I keep a yuzu/run and a yuzu/test folder and they share the same configs and everything (in %appdata%) but it makes it easy to rollback if you have problems.

spronk

FPS noob
things you can only do with an emulator - replace home wall art

fk2msp6wqn1b1.png

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
info on running yuzu/totk on a steam deck at stable 30 fps, probably try this stuff in a week or two

spronk

FPS noob
game at switch resolution vs 4k on pc for anyone curious if its very different. i usually dont notice but i can definitely see this. i've been running at 60 fps for a week now with the latest patches and stuff that fix cutscenes, game runs pretty solid at 60 fps for the most part although slowdowns in towns and when shaders need to compile

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user