Swords of Legends Online

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Too much info thrown at you in the beginning is the one fault I have found so far. I have only gotten to level 15, because I have read every little thing in descriptions, and STILL having a hard time understanding a lot of stuff. Hell the 1st dungeon, just getting grouped is a chore.

Bezerker tank plays clunky. The clones throw any combat smoothness off because of dropping them manually. And right now I am learning how to place them in good spots until I get a couple more abilities. Learn now. Good later.

Also having two sets of taunts is silly. One for trash, one for bosses.

Like the game a ton though.
Thinking I will switch to heals if you sticking around, I always play support but figured I would be running solo so went zerker.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Thinking I will switch to heals if you sticking around, I always play support but figured I would be running solo so went zerker.

Ya. I really like the game. I have the rotation and timings down for aggro. Just running that solo dungeon so I can get my flow down for tanking. That clone drop is really a bummer. May just drop them right on top of me and say fuckit.

I KNOW I'm going to take shit for this, but my fuckin god is the text tiny!

• 1Worf

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Ya. I really like the game. I have the rotation and timings down for aggro. Just running that solo dungeon so I can get my flow down for tanking. That clone drop is really a bummer. May just drop them right on top of me and say fuckit.

No it is tiny and everywhere...

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee

glasses GIF

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I like my dps bard but wish there was -some- crossover between the specs. I should be able to off heal or buff but do less damage and the healer spec should be able to do some damage. When I think bard I think weaving songs and making your team stronger not an AoE death machine (the burst destruction is pretty cool though).

Last edited:

Malkav

French Madman
Combat seems good enough but the shitty translation on a lot of things is kind of a huge turnoff for me. The menus and tooltips are a nightmare. Might be considering a steam refund, I don't know.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I’m not so sure about that. If I spoke and read mandarin it would be pretty awesome.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Have a quest to enter the beginner instance at practice level. Can find the setting to adjust instance outside normal/hard/extreme. Any get this done?

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Have a quest to enter the beginner instance at practice level. Can find the setting to adjust instance outside normal/hard/extreme. Any get this done?

This is just one of the terrible translations -- you'll need to do it under 'Drill' (which is the only mode you can select). When you beat it, it'll also seem confusing as to how to 'collect' the reward for the instance but it should be part of the progress menu. In addition, I'd suggest doing the dungeons 5-6 times on the drill setting using the NPC companion you'll be able to use (it will mow down everything for you) or else you'll likely run out of quests and be stuck grinding a level or two via biographies.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ok, I've done the dungeon like 5x under drill. Still don't see how to complete this damn thing! Where is the reward collected? I've gotten quite a few purps out of it though.

ccccc.jpg

I hit Bio, and there's MORE shit I haven't seen! With rewards waiting!

dddd.jpg

Last edited:

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
You should actually be able to click on the 'collect reward' to get those rewards. I believe the dungeonr eward is under the Pve Hero Name tab (albeit it's been a bit and I could be off there). The little red mark indicates you still have stuff to collect though.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Dammit I bought into this game before I saw the upgrade system:
who doesn't love a 0.1 point increase in stats?!
1626451190884.png

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Dammit I bought into this game before I saw the upgrade system:
who doesn't love a 0.1 point increase in stats?!
View attachment 362607
That can be a good thing for the long-term health of the game. Otherwise, you eventually have to do a massive stat squish or watch as your PCs walk around with hundreds of thousands or even millions of HPs, MPs, etc.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
That can be a good thing for the long-term health of the game. Otherwise, you eventually have to do a massive stat squish or watch as your PCs walk around with hundreds of thousands or even millions of HPs, MPs, etc.
As long as when I start doing the +10 or whatever the max is there is 0% fail chance and item destruction I won't care. Those systems are the worst.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
As long as when I start doing the +10 or whatever the max is there is 0% fail chance and item destruction I won't care. Those systems are the worst.

Ya pretty sure there's no RNG gear upgrading at all in SOLO.

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Giving this a rip on Spellsword, feels a little like WoW rogue with cooldown, keeping buffs up etc. Hopefully end game holds up and doesn't suck, and maybe we can join/get a guild going.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I am in an alliance, called Warsoul, they seem to know their shit. Char. name is Hatoraider.