SWTOR

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Bought enough packs and crates to max all reputations except Bounty Supply so far, only maybe two crates worth left for that. Also got myself a NiM set and a sweet new ride before it's gone from the loot pool forever.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Looks like I'll hit 4.0 with trooper/smuggler/consular undone. Trooper being the highest at 30ish.

I had fun doing the 12x xp off and on tho. I'll miss it. And probably regret not taking advantage of it more, heh.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Oh snap, October flew by quicker than I thought. Got a 30 Sith Warrior as my last class to do. Hope I can finish him by tomorrow.

Something similar is going to be permanent from now on anyway, no more need for bear asses.
'Something similar' turned out to be a MUCH smaller boost (1.75x is what I've heard) to both class and planet story quests, and there's plenty of bear asses to collect in those. It's better than nothing, but it's still going to be a hell of a lot slower than with the 12x boost.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I finished all the class stories and then started working on alternate advanced classes. like had a marauder, made a juggernaut, had a sorc, so did an assassin, etc.

fwiw, assuming you don't already know:

Smuggler story is absolute garbage you aren't missing anything.
you're just some dupe patsy, All 3 acts is you just trying to get back at a guy who stole a shipment of guns from the goddamn prelude on ord mantell, and you are played by the empire the entire time. full retard

Trooper is actually pretty good, it's one of the only stories that is actually focused on the galatic civil war.
story culminates with you retaking Corellia afterwards the empire abandons it ie black hole storyline

Consular was the last class I did because everyone told me how awful it was, except it's not. It's probably one of the better ones. You are actually a Jedi and go and do Jedi stuff, its the only storyline where you actually feel like a jedi.
Consular is compared to Inquisitor but that's not really a good comparison. They are mirror but opposites. ie they are structured sorta the same but what you actually do is totally opposite. both involve learning a ritual (Shielding vs forcewalking) but the similarities end there. Consular is a diplomat who unites all the outlying worlds to the republic side and along with trooper helps win the galactic civil war. Inquisitor kills his master's master in the prologue and then is marked for death by some dude and then spends the entirety of act 2+3 preparing to kill said dude, story has nothing to do with anything else in the game. Inquisitor story is pretty terrible, probably the worst one along with smuggler. it actually mirrors Jedi Knight. (of course JK is structured like and compared to SW since they are intertangled a bunch in the timeline/outcomes) but JK is just as focused/selfish as inquisitor was, not giving 2 shits about anything else happening in the world

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Trooper story is not something I would consider "pretty good". It makes the smuggler look like a fucking genius.

You are the best of the best of whats left (after anyone with half a brain deserted or left) and you run your spec-op squad without any support, no gear, no intel. Despite all this you are somehow the most important operation in the republic, as long as you dont require anything close to a military or political infrastructure to support you.

Nah, it was the worst story of all of them, not because it was poorly done but because it was so totaly pants-on-head retarded when it came to execution. Your black ops do require support and gear, not even the USSR sent out their guys with a "oh here is an old AK, the rest of what you might need you have to take spare jobs to buy from the open market. Can you now please go and topple that evil empire?".

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I wonder if the free 60 will at least pop-up a window with a story summary when you first log in, or if you're going to be really confused when you re-run-into each companion/story call-back for the first time.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Consular was the last class I did because everyone told me how awful it was, except it's not. It's probably one of the better ones. You are actually aJediand go and doJedistuff, its the only storyline where you actually feel like ajedi.
That's mostly what I hated about the consular story: stupid vague mystical jedi prophecy and mumbo jumbo. It's also probably the single worst storyline to go counter-alignment on.
You personally strike down every Jedi master afflicted with the dark force plague that you were sent to cure, and when given a chance to reverse the effects on hundreds of Jedi masters throughout the galaxy, you instead set off a reaction that kills them all. And still you are hailed as a legendary hero and the bestest Jedi that ever was. At least in the Knight storyline, when you kill dozens of innocents along the way, you lie about it and say they were like that already. And at the end they actually deny you the title of Jedi Knight because you harbor too much darkness inside you. But then again you actually do get the title and no one in the 50-60 story stuff mentions anything about your darkness.

Oh and Trooper story was ridiculous. General Garza is a completely incompetent, power hungry, egotistical retard who can't form a single squad under her command without it going rogue. Yet the game keeps telling you how she's one of the Alliance's most decorated officers, and a tactical and strategic genius. Yeah, just like how Anakin was 'a good man, and a good friend' to Obi-Wan in the prequels, in between all the bitching and killing kids.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
you run your spec-op squad without any support, no gear, no intel.
General Garza is a completely incompetent, power hungry, egotistical retard ...Yet the game keeps telling you how she's one of the Alliance's most decorated officers, and a tactical and strategic genius.
So I take it neither of you guys have actually been military before. Cus both of those things are par the course.

Malakriss

I now have enough rep tokens to max my final reputations once the weekly cap resets. Across 3 servers I'm down roughly 110m liquid, although on a 4th I'm already plus 25m from flip deals not related to packs. I've got about 20 extra crates, 60 extra packs, and cheap armor deals spread across them to make my money back. As a side project I'm missing only 6 emotes and 11 collectable armor sets now (Tulak Helm, Shae Legs/Boots, 9 Holiday/CM sets).

You don't want to know how many holder alts and bank bays full of stuff I have. Also found the time to buy a full Kell Dragon set + Titan 6 mount dropped plus a Wings. Bring on 4.0 and the new stuff!

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
So I take it neither of you guys have actually been military before. Cus both of those things are par the course.
Yeah I did my time in the military, and you know what? They did all sort of crazy things like:

Give me weapons.
Give me maps and intel on targets.
Arranged transport with dedicated pilots so our squad did not have to think about how to rent our own fucking chopper to get there and back.
Give me everything from clothes to ammo so that I could execute the decided op. Hell they even parted with high-tech stuff when deemed necessary.

Oddly enough I did not have to develop my own contact net in the criminal underground to arrange for all of the above. It was almost as if the military WANTED me to succeed.

Please, the Trooper story is more like a geeks idea of a third world merc unit translated through fan fiction into the StarWars world.

Edit: If you refere to "real-world spec ops" there are definatly black ops, but they STILL come with budgets, support, hardware (bought from third party dealers if necessary) and just about anything else needed. They DO come with plausible deniability thou, but that dont mean you airdrop 5 guys into hostile territory in jeans and a t-shirt and hope for the best.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Dark Side trooper is kind of fun though, if just for the lulz of the reactions.

I still maintain Inquisitor as the least relevant in the entire game. It's basically the poster child for why the Empire can't get shit done.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Trooper's lack of support does have something to do with the fact that you're trying to keep the whole defection thing quiet.

Of course you have the option of just blabbing it to everyone. But the senate inquiry is pretty funny if you play retarded.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Something similar is going to be permanent from now on anyway, no more need for bear asses.
Yes its not as fast as 12x but basically just do the main planet story line and class ones and you will finish up the planet without having to do any of the side quests.

Malakriss

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...85#edit8517285
Self-Perpetuating Power Cell <3:1> Exotic Isotope Stabilizer
Rakata Energy Node <3:1> Exotic Isotope Stabilizer
Synthetic Energy Matrix <2:1> Exotic Isotope Stabilizer
Mass Manipulation Generator <2:1> Exotic Isotope Stabilizer
Universal Catalyst <1:1> Exotic Isotope Stabilizer
Matter Transubstantiator <1:1> Exotic Isotope Stabilizer
Biometric Crystal Alloy <3:1> Exotic Isotope Stabilizer
Alien Data Cube <3:1> Exotic Isotope Stabilizer
Molecular Stabilizer <2:1> Exotic Isotope Stabilizer
Exotic Element Equalizer <3:1> Exotic Isotope Stabilizer
Exonium <2:1> Exotic Isotope Stabilizer
Vial of Stabilized Isotope-5 <3:1> Exotic Isotope Stabilizer
Augmentation Slot Component MK-9 <1:1> Augmentation Slot Component MK-8
Augmentation Slot Component MK-10 <1:1> Augmentation Slot Component MK-8
Pristine Adegan Crystal <1:1> Red Polychromic Crystal
Rough Magenta Crystal Shard <1:1> Red Polychromic Crystal
Magenta Adegan Crystal <1:1> Red Polychromic Crystal

- All Droid gear will be changed to a "Valuable Droid Part" which you can sell to vendors for credits.
- All old Operation Gear tokens will be changed into a lockbox which contains Glowing Data Crystals.
So all old op mats become the new blue, and things like magenta crystals get dumbed down to a basic level 50 craft. "Expansion"!

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The best QOL change is giving every companion every spec and removing the need to gear them. Now we don't have to put up with the annoying healer that hates us.

I'm pretty sure HK and I are going to get along great.

But they still say "fuck you" to making multiple specs for players convenient in any way.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Trooper's lack of support does have something to do with the fact that you're trying to keep the whole defection thing quiet.

Of course you have the option of just blabbing it to everyone. But the senate inquiry is pretty funny if you play retarded.
They would still provide you with a slush fund before cutting you loose, especially considering who your CO is.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I now have enough rep tokens to max my final reputations once the weekly cap resets. Across 3 servers I'm down roughly 110m liquid, although on a 4th I'm already plus 25m from flip deals not related to packs. I've got about 20 extra crates, 60 extra packs, and cheap armor deals spread across them to make my money back. As a side project I'm missing only 6 emotes and 11 collectable armor sets now (Tulak Helm, Shae Legs/Boots, 9 Holiday/CM sets).

You don't want to know how many holder alts and bank bays full of stuff I have. Also found the time to buy a full Kell Dragon set + Titan 6 mount dropped plus a Wings. Bring on 4.0 and the new stuff!
Just curious but how much real life cash have you dropped on the cartel market to do all this? Aside from the achievement points, arw there some worthwhile benefits to maxing out reps with all the cartel market factions?