SWTOR

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Dicked around and noticed that as dps its much faster to do shit with a tank companion than a healer now, because they removed every damage ability from heals and the tank is a god. (and you can always do the rocket boot instant heal trick) Plus its nice not dealing with ability pushback and the tank pulls shit in for aoe.

Also I guess you can actually care about filling your apartment with junk now because the +presence will significantly buff your companions.

And legacy wide datacrons - it'll be harder to ignore doing those PITA things now.

With no new flashpoints or ops the game has never been more hit and run though. Play as much as you feel like then fuck off, no regrets.

moontayle

Golden Squire
They did add a new Flashpoint but I haven't reached the point where it's available. I have zero to do tonight except make sure the kids get their homework done so I plan on finishing off the current story (just started ch.5 and there's 9 available) and seeing what that's all about.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Whoever was in charge of the new story hit a home run. Not sure if all the new "build an alliance stuff" will have lasting value while you wait for more chapters, but the first 9 were fantastic.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Whoever was in charge of the new story hit a home run. Not sure if all the new "build an alliance stuff" will have lasting value while you wait for more chapters, but the first 9 were fantastic.
You completed the whole expansion storyline already? Fuck that noise, I'm milkin this shit!

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sounds like I may have fucked up going with gw2 for my wow break instead of this.

I never did the revan stuff either. Are the ops necessary to understand everything?

I think I'll probably wipe up on the gw2 options then give this a month or two and do all the storylines from Revan then this expac. I figure legion isn't coming for sometime.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just finished the storyline also, and it's pretty good. Really enjoyed it, although it is solo MMO more than ever for those 9 chapters.

Not sure how I feel about the build the alliance thing, but looks ok I guess.

Arterial

N00b
You completed the whole expansion storyline already? Fuck that noise, I'm milkin this shit!
Not really the SoR story was very weak imo, you can get the just of it from the first couple of chapters of the KOTFE, story wise its the best in the game imo

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I'm at the start of Ch 3 with my light side JK. So far all the dialog options have been standard (and obvious) light vs dark side choices. I enjoyed the first two chapters and looking forward to the rest.

Has anyone ran multiple characters thru the initial chapters yet? Curious to know how much the story changes for each class.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Not sure. There's specific elements of the class stories that get called out but I'm not sure how much it changes overall. I'm hearing from people who have done the story more than once that the choices do make a difference though.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Not sure. There's specific elements of the class stories that get called out but I'm not sure how much it changes overall. I'm hearing from people who have done the story more than once that the choices do make a difference though.
That's good to hear. I really enjoyed the feeing of immersion of the first two chapters. Wishful thinking and perhaps completely unrealistic on my part but how great would it have been if the chapters took 1 week to complete versus 1 hour?

Since even a casual player can complete the first 9 chapters in a few days, having the story play out completely different for each class to include incorporating light vs dark paths will at least keep me occupied for a couple of months.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
So far I've seen three different NPC/companion responses to my dialog choices. I have seen <NPC or companion> approves, disapproves and will remember this.

Are there other results in addition to those three? Is if safe to assume that if you get a "will remember this" result that at some point in the future your choice will affect a future conversation with that NPC/companion?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So I decided I needed some Star Wars fix and joined in for this... but I seem to be level 52 and in the middle of Makeb without a clue as to what the hell my abilities do anymore. My inventory was full because apparently companions got naked and now all their "gear" is just for looks? I fumbled around for awhile, but I really feel quite lost and that I will have to go through quite a bit of annoying content in order to get to the new stuff.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Assuming you last played when Makeb was relevant, your best bet would be to start a new toon to get your feet wet again, then shift back to the 52 once you get your bearings. They completely did away with skill trees and the only choice you really get is which active abilities you want affected by the utilities. Companions are now solely impacted by the influence they have so if you maxed one then use that one. Just set it to tank or dps and go to town. Gear is homogenous now except for the secondary stats. Umm. It's still swtor so if shouldn't take too much to get back into it.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
So I decided I needed some Star Wars fix and joined in for this... but I seem to be level 52 and in the middle of Makeb without a clue as to what the hell my abilities do anymore. My inventory was full because apparently companions got naked and now all their "gear" is just for looks? I fumbled around for awhile, but I really feel quite lost and that I will have to go through quite a bit of annoying content in order to get to the new stuff.
You should be able to do just the planetary story quests for Makeb in an hour or two and that will get you to 55-56. Assuming the expansion did not remove it, you can get a buff in Makeb that makes you pretty much invincible so you can speed thru it while relearning what your abilities do. The plot line of the SoR expansion ties in to KOTFE so if you are buying the expansion for the story, you may as well knock out the SoR story quests.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You should be able to do just the planetary story quests for Makeb in an hour or two and that will get you to 55-56. Assuming the expansion did not remove it, you can get a buff in Makeb that makes you pretty much invincible so you can speed thru it while relearning what your abilities do. The plot line of the SoR expansion ties in to KOTFE so if you are buying the expansion for the story, you may as well knock out the SoR story quests.
Would people mind giving a rough rundown of what you'd do if you last played when Oricon was current and you did 1/2 dread master's raids?

Would you recommend doing the associated raids in story mode prior to KOTFE?

moontayle

Golden Squire
If you get a chance to finish out that story (Dread Palace) then I would do so. Ops rotate in the group finder and unless you're on a server that is lifeless you should be able to get into something. Then just run through Revan, absorb that story, do the two Ops associated with it, and then Ziost to reach the point where KOTFE picks up.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Would people mind giving a rough rundown of what you'd do if you last played when Oricon was current and you did 1/2 dread master's raids?

Would you recommend doing the associated raids in story mode prior to KOTFE?
Fairly certain all the operations were bumped up to level 65 so I don't think you will be able to queue up for the Oricon raids in either mode until you get to 65.