SWTOR

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Interesting wakeup from a starfortress failure. Over pulled a full room and failed. Nice change to waking up from a knockout. I would have normally missed it due to the overpowering faceroll with the new stats/companions.

N travel is good but I am getting lazy, I dont even run inside the fortress now, I N travel to the Dr then Underworld, then Bothan, then the robe. I dont remember quick travel on the worlds being instant cooldown? But between N travel to the guest giver and QT, I dont even need a mount or my ship anymore.
Legacy perk reduces QT CD to zero.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I don't even know what is worth spending my "free" CT on after rocket boost. Buy packs, sell result on GTN?

It's not like alts I play just for story and will never touch again need full inventories.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Rocket Boots->treek->blow it all on packs for costumes and GTN fodder was my path.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There's unlocks you can buy with credits and then unlocks you never see up for less than 3x the conversion rate. Don't overspend if you have the coins.

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
Rocket Boots->treek->blow it all on packs for costumes and GTN fodder was my path.
Treek is no longer a must buy. What made Treek so great was that she could A) heal or tank, and B) heal herself while tanking which no one else could do. All companions can now do all roles, and Treek's ability to heal herself while tanking has been removed. If you buy Treek now, you are basically just buying a regular companion with Ewok skin and unique spell effects.

I would buy the free 60 token while it is on sale. Use it or put it on the GTN later because it should sell for millions of creds. Otherwise Personal Starship teleport in legacy is an absolute must for any main character.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Commando or Vanguard for trooper? And i have a higher level juggernaut, but i was levelling a marauder for dps. Should i just stick with jugg and respec dps?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So I installed and patched this up last night. Checked on it last night to see where my characters are by logging in real quick before work.

I now have to patch in game by playing a new character so it can stream new files for my character that is already level 50? The patcher doesn't pull down new files, why not?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
So I installed and patched this up last night. Checked on it last night to see where my characters are by logging in real quick before work.

I now have to patch in game by playing a new character so it can stream new files for my character that is already level 50? The patcher doesn't pull down new files, why not?
Are you a subscriber or FTP? I'm a subscriber and have never experienced what you described. DLed the entire patch and that was it.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider

I sometimes experience a bug the first time I log in after patching where it says I can only play on starter patches because I don't have everything downloaded yet. Just log out, restart the client, and log in again and it says everything is downloaded. Doesn't happen all the time so its probably just their download client BitRaider being stupid.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Ahh ok, I will try again when I get home.

I was a subscriber at launch and haven't played since, I might sub for at least a month though to see if I can have fun playing it.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider

You need to check that your launcher does not have on demand patching enabled. Once you log in to the launcher, go to its settings. If on demand patching is selected you are only patched the bare bones of the game. Everytime you go into a new place the game will have to patch it. So longer load times etc. Just turn it off and restart the launcher. It will then patch every file. The first time it may take upto half an hour so be prepared. After that every patch will be fully downloaded and patched. No more on demand stuff.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Haven't played SWTOR for awhile, decided to use a trial and catch up some a few weeks ago. Decided to subscribe for a month to play the expac, and although I am only through chapter 3, I love it so far. Definitely imagine it's gonna get stale, but for the players that just check for story, strongly recommend it.

Also, if I was looking to make some credits and I had a good amount of cartel coins laying around, would I be best off selling a lvl 60 boost, or buying some packs? If packs, which ones? Thanks

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
this expac seems less alt friendly than others. the story itself isn't all that long but there's so much daily/faction/influence stuff you need to do to unlock stuff. i'm just focusing on one character this time around.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I ran Black Talon with a friend last night on my new BH. We got some purple stat less not augment-able gear. Is this some kind of turn in or is the instance / loot tables just broken?

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
I ran Black Talon with a friend last night on my new BH. We got some purple stat less not augment-able gear. Is this some kind of turn in or is the instance / loot tables just broken?
Like from this picture? If so its a known bug. And they are still working on a fix. Otherwise I am not sure.
rrr_img_114895.jpg

Not my picture just what I found on the forums about it.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Heads up for anyone who has the free level 60 token on your account. As long as you don't hit level 61 you can delete that character and you can remake your level 60 again. Since the level 60 starting gear is all bound on legacy you can create a character, strip it down, rinse, repeat to get all the armor for your other characters. Some of it is pretty cool looking and worth the few minutes it takes to get.