SWTOR

moontayle

Golden Squire
More specifically, Sniper - Engineering/Gunslinger - Saboteur and Vanguard - Tactics/Powertech - Advanced Prototype do very well. High damage output and extremely bursty.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can any class solo everything now? I started a Sith Inquisitor and not sure if I should go Tank or DPS spec or if it matters. I doubt I'll play with anyone so trying to get most bang for buck in terms of what I can do solo.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Can any class solo everything now? I started a Sith Inquisitor and not sure if I should go Tank or DPS spec or if it matters. I doubt I'll play with anyone so trying to get most bang for buck in terms of what I can do solo.
Sith Inquis has a heal and 2 dps specs. Personally I went lightning dps spec and kept companion heals the entire time.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Nerf bat has been swung. No buffs for equalization yet so any underperformers are simply not as worse by comparison.

4.0.3 Mined | The Old Republic Community
Powertech

- Shield Tech - Damage from Firestorm reduced by ~11%
- Advanced Prototype - Prototype Weapon Systems now only increases critical bonus damage by 10%, down from 30%.

Assassin

- Darkness - Mounting Darkness now only increases the damage dealt by Dark Charge's Discharge and Wither by 30%, down from 50%.
- Deception - Ball Lightning damage reduced by ~6%
- Deception - Voltaic Slash damage reduced by ~7.5% and Force cost reduced to 20, down from 25.
- Deception - Crackling Blasts now increases the critical strike damage dealt by Surging Charge's Discharge effect and Ball Lightning by 10%, down from 30%.
- Hatred - Dreadful Nightmares now increases the damage dealt by Crushing Darkness and Demolish by 15%, down from 20%.
- All specs - Lacerate damage reduced by ~7.8% and force cost reduced to 20, down from 25.
- All specs - Assassinate damage reduced by ~4.5% and Force cost reduced to 20, down from 25.
- All specs - Thrashing Blades no longer reduces the Force cost of Thrash, Lacerate, Voltaic Slash, or Leeching Strike.
- All specs - Thrash damage reduced by ~7%, Force cost reduced to 20 from 25.

Juggernaut

- Immortal - Consuming Power now increases the critical chance of Crushing blow by 20% in addition to Smash, and makes Aegis Assault deal an additonal 30% damage, up from 15%.
- Immortal - Pillar of Strength in addition to it's previous effects it now increases the damage dealt by Ravage by 30%.

Marauder

- Annihilation - Reduced the damage of Annihilate by ~6.8%
- Carnage - Reduced the damage of Devastating Blast by ~6.2%
- Carnage - Sever now increases the critical strike damage bonus of Massacre and Devastating Blast by 15%, up from 10%.

Sniper

- Marksman - Reduced the damage of Penetrating Blasts by ~5.5%
- Marksman - Imperial Assassin now increases the critical damage dealt by Ambush, Penetrating Blasts, Followthrough, Snipe, and Takedown by 10%, down from 30%.
- Engineering - Field Command now increases the critical chance of your AoE attacks by 10%, down from 15%.
- Engineering - Explosive Engineering now increases the damage dealt by Explosive Probe, Cluster Bombs, Fragmentation Grenade, Plasma Probe, and Orbital Strike by 10%, down from 15%.
- Engineering - Experimental Explosives now increases the critical damage dealt by Explosive Probe, Interrogation Probe, EMP Discharge, and all area effects by 10%, down from 30%.
- Virulence - Hew no longer increases the damage dealt by Series of Shots.

Operative

- Lethality - Cut Down no longer increases the damage dealt by Corrosive Assault.

Malakriss

Jesus Fucking Christ, I literally spit water over my screen after reading their NiM loot clarification. And it won't even be fixed for 2 more months.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...34#edit8684134

Hey folks,

I have a few updates to pass on regarding the current issues with Nightmare Loot Drops. First, we discovered there is a bug with the percentage chance of a 224 rated item dropping in any of our Nightmare Operations. We plan to address this when we release Chapter 10 (Game Update 4.1) scheduled in February. If we are able to address it sooner, I?ll pass along an update.

Aside from that, we realized that we need to make a correction to our Operations and Flashpoints in Fallen Empire blog. Currently it states the following:

Nightmare Mode will also be available for all the Operations that had it previously, and will reward the same as the highlighted Hard Mode, as well as the unique mounts and titles available currently.

This statement is in error and needs to be corrected. When running a Nightmare Operation, there is a chance that a 224 item can drop, but it is not a guaranteed drop like the highlighted Hard Mode is. Nightmare Mode Operations will still drop their unique mounts and titles, and once fixed there is a chance to get 224 gear from them. It is by design that the best and most consistent way to gear up in Operations is to run the highlighted Hard Mode each week. Although they did certainly want to make sure there was a chance for greater reward from Nightmare!

We apologize for any confusion and will make sure that the blog is updated to reflect the correct information. I will pass on any further updates as I have them.

Thanks.

-eric

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Aww, but those were so fun to get 20 of and clog your inventory with constantly!

Malakriss

My 15m hypercrates have started selling (on 3 different servers this week). Not sure if it's from people with exploit money trying to burn it or if the removal of all packs and underwhelming Black Friday sale made legitimate buyers think these are the last ever.

moontayle

Golden Squire
It was probably down again.

So marksman and advanced prototype really took it up the pooper.
Not as ZOMG WTF burst as before but still brings a fair amount of pain. Was definitely still putting up good numbers, I just wasn't hitting 20k crits like before.

Sorcs/Sages didn't get touched so of course the most frequent class I saw during my matches yesterday was them. Even ran up against a full team (pug) in a Reg arena.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I played at launch and just resubbed because well Star Wars is coming out, but lol at these "trees" now from what they used to be. Every class seems very similar in play and have talents that are pretty much the same-->ie pick this to give your generic aoe 25% bonus dmg!! They sucked balls so bad balancing they had to completely remove the actual trees where you could mix/match for this linear progression shit where you get no choice?? Da fuck?

At least the story lines are good, but I give this about a month or so =/

moontayle

Golden Squire
The problem they ran into, and they were pretty open about this prior to moving to the current system, was that they could account for expected specs and performance and balance off that fairly well. It was the fringe cases that were causing problems. On top of that, it really came down to there being very little actual choice in what you chose within the tree. They discovered within a given tree, assuming someone went to the top of it, there was maybe 1-5 pts being spent differently and generally it came down to whether or not a person PvP'd.

You could call it bad balancing but it's a problem even Blizzard had to address. I haven't played since the final patch in Pandaland, but I seem to recall you being locked into a specialization without the ability to cross-spec until a certain point. And they identified several key abilities within each spec and just gave them to you. That's pretty much what BW did here.

Personally I think it's a better approach. It becomes more about execution, less worrying about whether or not one point in ability x is going to push your DPS another 5 points. It certainly hasn't stopped the theorycraft meta.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well combat just feels very stale and VERY similar on every class. There is no flavor from class to class aside from vsssszh vsssszh lightsaber sounds vs pew pew blaster sounds. There should be fundamental extremely different ways a class feels, all melee and ranged play the exact same pretty much. Playing a hunter vs a mage = night and day in strategies and how you do things and the tools you use. My operative vs my merc? Feels like the same fucking class.

Its a fucking copy/paste. 1 cc on a 60s duration, blah blah all classes have the same cooldowns same everything pretty much. Fucking thing sucks =x