SWTOR

moontayle

Golden Squire
The Revan novel explained how he ends up in SWTOR.

Basically, he made an attempt at offing the Emporer with the help of the Exile and Lord Scourge. At the last second, Scourge has a vision that Revan is NOT the one destined to take out the Emporer. He kills the Exile and helps capture Revan. The Emperor then imprisons Revan in a stasis field and links their minds together so he can draw upon Revan's experience with both sides of the Force. The entire second chapter flashpoint setup is designed around Revan. On the Pub side you have to go get information on where the "Jedi Prisoner" is being held and in the second one you rescue him. With that accomplished, Revan makes a plan to utilize his knowledge of The Foundry, i.e. another Star Forge, to build an army of droids to fight the Empire. On the Imp side, Malgus knows about the Foundry and needs access to it for his own purposes. You go and hijack a ship which has coordinates to the facility, and then you storm it. Timeline-wise the two Pub FPs take place first, then the two Imp ones.

And yes, the final fight against Revan is kind of... easy. The HK fight is harder and that's mostly because it has a tendency to bug out (still).

Also, I was under the impression that STO had gone full on P2W. As in, the best ship in the game can be bought right off the market. At the moment, SWTOR is at least making some semblance of only keeping cosmetic shit there. The only time they slipped on this was adding the Tier 7 Space Mission equipment to the Market, and they actually apologized for that even though it really didn't affect anyone. Hell, people still complain that the space missions are too hard.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...57#edit6555457

So much for this patch being major pvp update lulz.

Hello everyone!

Here is a fresh update on where we are at in terms of hitting our schedules for the Summer of SWTOR, and a recap of all the exciting things we have in the works for the months ahead. The usual disclaimer applies that all of the below dates are the dates the teams are shooting for. As you saw with Game Update 2.2.2 which had to be moved back by one day, it?s entirely possible these will move!

On July 23rd look for a return of the Relics of the Gree Event for a two week long run:?Per community request the event will scale up to level 55 on this next run, including better loot rewards, commendations, and achievements
?Possible drops include a new Sphere Transport Enclosure vehicle

August 6th is still looking good for Game Update 2.3:
Players can look forward to the namesake of this update, Titans of Industry ? a story arc that encompasses two new Flashpoints at level 55: Czerka Corporate Labs, and Czerka Core Meltdown. CZ-198 is a major weapons research and development facility under the direction of a power-mad Czerka Corporation scientist named Rasmus Blys. In addition to two Flashpoints where players will confront Rasmus and his creations, CZ-198 offers new daily missions for players looking to earn credits, commendations, and reputation rewards. The new Flashpoints are available in both story mode and hard mode. In order to ensure you can jump right into the action, we?re trying something new. The story modes for the new Czerka Flashpoints are role-neutral, which means Group Finder will match you with the first three players it finds, regardless of your group role. Hard mode will of course require a fully balanced group, offering new challenges for you and your friends at level 55. CZ-198 offers some great new reputation rewards, including new Czerka adaptive gear, mini-pets, some incredibly powerful new droid companion gear and schematics, and the Czerka Executive Cruiser ? a luxury landspeeder that oozes style. Also in 2.3 we are introducing the new Companion Character Treek, a deadly and resourceful killer who also happens to be an Ewok.

August 13th is our target date for our next all new event: Bounty Contract Week!
Bounty Contract Week provides new missions with full voice-over that will take you on a hunt for high-value bounty targets across the galaxy. Each bounty contract scales to your level, from 15 to 55, providing experience, credits, commendations, and reputation with the Bounty Brokers Association. Players will have opportunities to interrogate informants, make dark and light side decisions, and kill or capture their ultimate target. Each time you take a contract, it has a chance to play out a little differently, depending on the information you gather during your hunt. Once you?ve completed enough contracts, you can accept even more dangerous missions to take down notorious crime Kingpins! Rewards include a new mount, new adaptive gear, and a unique companion customization for HK-51! Completing bounty contracts can also earn you achievements which unlock special legacy titles, and even Cartel Coins! Bounty Contract Week is a monthly event, so if you miss it the first time, don?t worry ? it will return next month!

October 1 is our target for Game Update 2.4! This update is shaping up to be very big:?The Planet Oricon, a short story arc that will bring you face-to-face with the Dread Masters.
?New Operation: Dread Fortress
?New Operation: Dread Palace
?New 4v4 Warzone Arenas
?New Elder Game PvE and PvP Gear

This isn?t an exhaustive list, and we are also working on several longer term initiatives. As we get closer we?ll have a lot more juicy details on these and on what?s above. Keep your eyes peeled to the forums and SWTOR.com for more information!

Bruce Maclean | Senior Producer

moontayle

Golden Squire
At the risk of being an apologist, there was never a promise of PvP being the only reason for the update. I think it depends on the depth of the PvP stuff coming in. I'm not thrilled at Arenas because there are some set ups which are retarded. Guardian, Scoundrel, Sweep Sentinal, Grav Round Commando... *shiver*

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I'm hitting a "meh" phase with GW2, pondering wether I should go with this or NWO for a week or so. Did they add anything interesting after "the expansion" (/snicker) or are the patch notes above the first noteworthy changes since?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Go buy something from the steam sales instead. Unless you fancy making a cat(har) character.
swtor-2013-04-26-19-20-43-60.png

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm playing through the new content (Makeb) now (I havent played for a while). It's alright and I think I'm enjoying it so far for the story.

I completely forgot they were going gay with it and was stunned when I had the chance to flirt with a male npc. I chose it for the heck of it and I never got anymore options to flirt with any female npc's. So.

I think I'm gay now.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well, thanks for clearing up that fleeting desire to give this game more money.

lindz

#DDs
I'm bored right now so thinking of reinstalling to entertain me for a week or so. Can anyone give a break down on the state of classes in both pve and pvp? I think I have a sorc and operative at max lvl iirc and a bunch of mid 20s - 30s alts.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Operative healers are OP in PvP in the right hands. Even mediocre players can make a difference with that class. Not sure on their DPS as I dont' see them often. Sorcs are your quintessential glass cannons. If left alone they can wreck, if not, best you can hope for is that you're not facing a competent player or else you're basically dead. Right now PvP is littered with Ops and Warriors (Jugg, Mara) in Smash spec. Commando and Merc in Grav Round/Tracer missile specs are also popular. The usual, it's about burst and those classes have it right now.

21$ dollars for a Ewok lulz.

How to claim your Ewok companion in SWTOR

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/08...nion-in-swtor/

BioWare has put together a blog post detailing how you can get your hands on Treek the Ewok companion in Star Wars: The Old Republic.

There are two options: the cash shop or in-game credits. For the former, obtaining your Ewok companion is as easy as forking over 2100 Cartel Coins and obtaining a Mercenary Contract quest starter item from the Cartel Market. You'll need to be level 10 to finish the quest and claim your reward.

If you prefer to avoid cash shops, you can still obtain the Mercenary Contract via the astromech Legacy Vendor located on your faction's fleet. You'll need a Legacy level of 40 and a million credits. There's a third option, too, and that is buying the contract from another player via the global auction house. There's a bit more info on the process at the official SWTOR website.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Heh, I thought I'd dick around on a new character for a bit. This f2p.. wow. What is the fucking point? I can't send credits to my alt without a sub. You are also limited to carrying 350k credits, which is fucking nothing, and the rest gets locked beyond a paywall. You literally have to pay money to access your own credits. If you actually tried to play the game as ftp, you'd spend more in a month than you would for an entire year's subscription.

People read FTP and think "oh, so they'll sell me some convenience items, maybe some non combat pets, that's cool I can totally just play the game for free while idiots buy that other crap!" Except that's what subscription games already do - the cosmic crap is in addition to the subscription model. FTP is more like "free to play, if you enjoy playing a game while having a chainsaw dildo shoved up your ass"

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, SWTOR is pretty much the example of how to make F2P suck shit. Don't forget you gain like half exp too.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Heh, I thought I'd dick around on a new character for a bit. This f2p.. wow. What is the fucking point? I can't send credits to my alt without a sub. You are also limited to carrying 350k credits, which is fucking nothing, and the rest gets locked beyond a paywall.
They still want you to sub. There are simple ways around most things. If you want to send money to your alt, use the AH. Even if your alt is a separate faction, use the Galactic AH. You don't lose any cash above 350k, it's just in escrow.

F2P have a 25% exp penalty. It's nothing since leveling is silly quick anyways. You get exp bonus items from quests.

While I agree the F2P is a bit of a pain due to limitations, I just finished leveling my Sith Marauder to 50 and I haven't paid a dime. My problem isn't that F2P is too limited, it's the game is a boring as fuck WOW clone in Star Warsland.

Their double exp weekends were a sick way for me to level my Sith up from 10 to 40 in a weekend without spending a dime. I basically spend all my cash on the AH whenever I hit 300k on my alts, and I used my Planeteray Comms likewise when I hit 100.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I have to agree, this F2P is more like Free 2 Preview, before you just crack down and sub. On the surface, the cash store looks pretty much like a great implementation - all cosmetic type stuff. Then you get into it and realize it is fail, because of the weekly space mission/FP caps, credit caps, crew skill stuff, fricking hotbar limits (!?!?), it feels like it is designed to get you play for 20ish levels then fork over the subscription.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Question, is it worth the box cost + subscription for a coupple weeks of play? Looking for something for the rest of summer. Did the mistake of signing up WoW again and jesus christ what an error.

How much fun can i honestly get out of this?