SWTOR

Rhuobhe

N00b
Nahh it was all about gear that made the post lv 50 PvP instances shitty. There was ahugedifference in power. I would say that skill had nothing to do with it it was mostly about gear. If you had the top rank gear you pwned all the noobs that didnt.

And this is exactly why the pre lv 50 PvP was awesome, everyone was ranked up to lv 49 or whatever and it was all about skill, not power because you ground out all the PvP gear which made you invincible to the people which did not have it..
we were talking abouthuttball

winning huttball is hardly based on gear

moontayle

Golden Squire
Yeah but it's a lot easier to slog your way to the endzone if you have the gear to hold out. That said, the burst in SWTOR is ridiculous. I can easily drop 20k (about 2/3 current average health pools) in 2-3 global cooldowns at a better than average rate on my Merc and she wasn't even that well geared. Overall balance is absolute shit because of stuff like this. I know I harped on this before but Ranked Arenas are going to be a joke because it'll be 1 Scoundrel/Operative healer and 2 Smash/Focus spec Mara/Sent and 1 Smash/Focus spec Jugg/Guardian sitting in Tank stance to provide Guard for the healer who will, literally, never die until the poison gas mechanic kicks in.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I never really thought much about playing SWTOR until I saw the early flash mob promo they put out. I don't play anymore, but this video did catch my attention enough to pick up the game for some reason. It's a good piece of marketing taking advantage of the flash mob trend at the time while conveying the idea of "anyone can be a jedi".

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Those were the two most ridiculous ads I have ever watched in my life.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ah, fuck me. I'm a fanboy. I loved that TOR ad.
confused.png

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I got mine working again. I had a authenticator app on my phone which later got wiped so I couldn't log in for a long time. They put in an option when logging in from the website to remove it so I got back in.

I bought 3 different hair color/style things on the market. I had some money, not sure from where. Purple hair yey!

moontayle

Golden Squire
Major patch 2.4 dropped this week. Highlights:

- New lvl55 Daily area and faction for Oricon, the stronghold planet of the Dread Masters.
- Two new Operations of 5 bosses each.
- Removed Warzones from ranked PvP play, added 4-man Arenas which are considered part of the regular WZ rotation and can also be queued for as solo ranked (matches up 1 tank, 1 healer, and 2 DPS each team) or group ranked, which are kept track of separately.

I have heard zero information about anything beyond this in terms of content plans. They first brought up the content for this update before Summertime. The only thing brought up at all was some screenshots and a video for the Space Project which was delivered via one of the Cantina tour dates but outside of that, nothing.

The future for this one is cloudy and I think the next three months are going to dictate whether my interest continues.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This game could use a private server. Big time. I want to see how this ends but I don't want to pay the crooks.

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
The pressure is pretty intense to sub in terms of abilities like run speed, money maximums and whatnot but folks do do it without subbing.
I just unsubbed and deleted the game yesterday after playing it for 2 months. I quickly subbed as the benefits seemed worth it and looking back I'd say it was a good decision. I'm a tourist gamer these days so I went from 1-55 on a jedi sage/healer, saw the sights and decided to move on. I got pretty damn bored with the same old shit syndrome (Please I beg you universe, I don't want to play the "shoot this clump of 3-5 mobs while 26 feet away from them is another clump unable to help their comrades" game as it's stupid) but I will say that the side games like PVP and Space were damn fun, way more fun than the actual game.

My biggest complaint would be that I never once had an encounter/quest/group that left me going "Omfg I can't believe we pulled that off!! Wooo!!". Back in the day /getsouthiswalker in everquest this would be a once a week or daily occurrence.

Your results may vary.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It too bad too, fun game but jesus did they choose the worst f2p system/setup.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
SWTOR's ftp model is to lure the people they didn't get to rape with initial box sells, everyone gets fucked this way.