SWTOR

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Not a problem.

Anyone else on Ebon Hawk, my offer for a guild tag is open ended. I'm in game most days.
Any tips on not sucking at GSF? So far I've played two matches, captured a few satellites, but despite shooting a lot of holes into people not actually managed to kill anyone,

I really miss Jump to Lightspeed.The dogfighting in this is fun, but still way behind that in quality and flight controls.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Not sucking will take two approaches. The first is obviously practice. The second is time since each ship is like its own character and must "level up" through the expenditure of requisition points. Both require numerous matches. Something on the order of 200k+ requisition is required to max out one of each type of component. My advice is to find someone running a twitch feed and watch the things that they do with the various ships. Each one plays differently, even within the same ship type (Strike, Scout, etc). Second piece of advice is to get at least the first upgrade on the components you want to run with (which may not be what it starts with), then focus on maxing out one component at a time.

Oh, and if you have a mouse that you can fine tune its sensitivity, I'd try to find yourself a sweet spot. I run about 500 dpi, which is a bit less than I run in ground game since it seems touchier in space.

WageSlave

Golden Knight of the Realm
Will they ever add additional classes to this game? I would resub for brand new class stories.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I reupped. Any advice on gearing up to raid? I'm at 54 and burning boosts...do they stack?

I read Dulfy. Sounds like oricron is the place to hit; can I go as a campaign geared 54?

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Actually not too hard to gear up for raiding in this game. You're right about Oricon. Reason being is that it will supply you w/ some basic commendations, but more importantly 156 rated gear. I never finished Oricon myself as all that gear is BOE and can be bought from the GTN as well. Said gear is [Artifact] Black Market XYZ. It's adaptive as well, so you can remove and install upgrades if you so wish. After that its really just doing dailies and FP's for Basic Commendations if you want 162 (or 168 i forget) gear. Could start doing OPs pretty easy w/ that I'd say. Moontayle would prolly know better.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Finish Oricon, do some legwork for Augment kits and Augments (most everyone except tanks go for Main Stat/Power), run a few dailies to get basic comms for the gear and try to do the FP daily. By the time you get done with Makeb you should at least be Hero and able to get the Reputation weapon which the second best you can get without running Ops (the best is the Hero Rep one that costs elite comms out of the Czerka daily/FP area).

Out of Oricon you should at least be good to go through any 16-man Story Mode ops being run. Basic gear is level 66, Elite is 69, and anything gotten with Ultimate comms is 72. It took me about 3 weeks to go from full PvP gear to full lvl 69 gear so it's not hard. I did every Ops I could wiggle my way into, did the weekly FP run (and just enough FPs to get it done so I didn't even do as many as I could have), and really focused on the biggest return out of the dailies/weeklies.

Caeden

sounds easy enough. Here's a question, it plays like shit but I can play Skyrim on max with mods. What the fuck. Anyway to smooth out this shit so my tank isn't warping during force leaps and it doesn't hang like Vanguard?

moontayle

Golden Squire
The Hero engine is heavily slanted towards CPU usage. I run a Phenom X6 with a Geforce GTX 560 Ti and I get "video lag" at every graphical setting and depending on where I am I can run from 15 to 60 FPS. Meanwhile, same card in my wife's system with a Gen 2 Intel i5 and it's like butter with a constant 45+ FPS. You still need a good card but a good CPU can make a huge difference.

Caeden

Updating my 560 TI helped, but that's not what I wanted to hear. I'm not in the market right now, so blah.

vazdeline_sl

shitlord
Any tips on not sucking at GSF? So far I've played two matches, captured a few satellites, but despite shooting a lot of holes into people not actually managed to kill anyone,

I really miss Jump to Lightspeed.The dogfighting in this is fun, but still way behind that in quality and flight controls.
My average damage in GSF is 40k on over 200 matches with my sting averaging 4/1 KDA. My other ships are close but my sting is my favorite because I am a dogfighter. The tip to getting better is practice mastering your blasters. Too many people try to follow you around with lockons only. 80% of my damage is done through blasters and twitch gameplay. If you can't get used to it, you will always be subpar.

Also, know when to use defensives and offensives. A lot of people do not utilize positioning and good flying skills, and appeal to using a barrel roll when they should have flown behind that asteroid.

I play Perceptive on Bastion, Empire side. If ya need someone to roll with hit me up.
rrr_img_59456.jpg

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
25 kills! Nice Aimbot!

I'm kidding, but no doubt people are gonna throw hackusations around when the scoreboard is that one sided
wink.png

moontayle

Golden Squire
Most of the bitching is about premades using voicecomms. They have an even greater advantage in GSF since the relative health of an individual ship isn't all that impressive so a group of 4 with 1 person calling targets will dominate pretty hardcore.

I love the new bombers in Domination maps (they also have their place in TDM, but less so) but I refuse to run in one if I know I'm going up against a premade. They're pretty much sitting ducks without support.

vazdeline_sl

shitlord
Most of the bitching is about premades using voicecomms. They have an even greater advantage in GSF since the relative health of an individual ship isn't all that impressive so a group of 4 with 1 person calling targets will dominate pretty hardcore.

I love the new bombers in Domination maps (they also have their place in TDM, but less so) but I refuse to run in one if I know I'm going up against a premade. They're pretty much sitting ducks without support.
I run mine with max shield pool, shield overcharge, siesmic/concussion mines. Can hold my own when turret humping. Just did 78k damage in mine with over 400 objective points. Just takes quite a few upgrades

Caeden

Goddamn it. I wish I'd realized Reputation was account wide. I'd been doing those fucking dailies on Makeb to get to Hero when I had a 50 BH setting there waiting to start and could have gotten 55 on him + done enough rep to get my War his wep.

Also, this game still plays like shit compared to WoW and GW2...even TSW.

Vilmz_sl

shitlord
Goddamn it. I wish I'd realized Reputation was account wide. I'd been doing those fucking dailies on Makeb to get to Hero when I had a 50 BH setting there waiting to start and could have gotten 55 on him + done enough rep to get my War his wep.

Also, this game still plays like shit compared to WoW and GW2...even TSW.
Totally agree. It's gotten alittlebetter, but this engine in its semi-primal state is still a massive resource hog. I can remember the early days of the massive Ilum pvp wars and 100 other people saying it was a slideshow for them yet it was 'playable' for myself and a few others only because we had over a grand invested in a cpu and gpu alone. I still can't believe Bioware didn't cook up their own engine with all of the cash they had.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
What I found amazing during my brief revisit a few months back was how little had changed. Some new content, but otherwise it seemed like nothing that impacts how the game actually plays had improved from when I left (at patch 1.1)