SWTOR

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
How is the raiding now? I remember 6 of us would pug a couple of DPS and doing the hard modes with the first 2 zones was really easy. From google fu it looks like they have added a bunch more.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Throw out anything you remember from release. It's almost a completely different game these days. Storymode ops can be pugged effectively, though it can be rather hit or miss as with anything pug. Most run 16-man ops though because of a larger margin for error on DPS and increased rewards. I can't speak to hard mode anything as I haven't done progression since Explosive Conflict was top tier but I do know they upped the difficulty enough for things to be actually challenging.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I looked at some of the top DPS players and noticed they have like 4 augs on every slot now, that's pretty crazy.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
I looked at some of the top DPS players and noticed they have like 4 augs on every slot now, that's pretty crazy.
eh?
You can have four augments on one piece of gear? I didn't know that. How long has that been going on because I just came back two months ago and didn't notice that. I thought one was still the max.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Probably talking about custom gear in general, which ultimately has 4 slots to modify with one slot each for armoring, mods, enhancements, and augments. Except for Ear, Implants and Relics, which only have the one for augments. And yes, top DPS players are heavily min/max'd.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Probably talking about custom gear in general, which ultimately has 4 slots to modify with one slot each for armoring, mods, enhancements, and augments. Except for Ear, Implants and Relics, which only have the one for augments.
I hope so. I'd hate to think I was doing it wrong all this time since returning. Four augments in each slot.. whooo!

I've always been a hater of this game without trying it. It may still suck, I am not sure. So far the lack of world pvp is pretty disturbing seeing as I am on a PvP server (Jung Ma?) but content wise holy shit. There is so much to do in this game even as free to play. I can't believe I got my own ship, can have space battles, and have access to a complete storyline (like an entire single player game but with several stories.) Once I am done with the story I will probably be more critical but just the story itself has been worth the time I've invested. I just hope there is decent world pvp once I get up there. That will be the deal breaker for me.

Arterial

N00b
I've always been a hater of this game without trying it. It may still suck, I am not sure. So far the lack of world pvp is pretty disturbing seeing as I am on a PvP server (Jung Ma?) but content wise holy shit. There is so much to do in this game even as free to play. I can't believe I got my own ship, can have space battles, and have access to a complete storyline (like an entire single player game but with several stories.) Once I am done with the story I will probably be more critical but just the story itself has been worth the time I've invested. I just hope there is decent world pvp once I get up there. That will be the deal breaker for me.
Not much open world pvp happens in swtor, but I personally love the instanced PvP, not a giant fan of the 4vs4 but the 8v8 games are fun as hell, beta starting as early as today my guild got a invite
smile.png

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Consider this a friendly warning... quit now. If all you're looking for mainly is open-world PvP here, go check out ArcheAge.

Seriously. You could be building labor points as you read this instead.

Arterial

N00b
Jack is 100% right if open world pvp is your thing swtor is not for you at all, its a nice casual friendly MMO with decent PvP, aside from the NiM's the HM operations are generally not that very challenging for most folks

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
If im rerolling on shadowlands with friends is there any bonus or reason to transfer my old Jugg over?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I barely noticed that I was on a pvp server even during launch.
frown.png
stay away for pvp.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
If im rerolling on shadowlands with friends is there any bonus or reason to transfer my old Jugg over?
If you have other characters you plan to keep on the server you're at right now, yes. The Legacy buffs you've already earned will go with your Jug when you switch over, so that if you want to reroll an alt with your friends again, that one will have all the Legacy buffs from whatever you've done on the other server.

I moved a 55 from one to another, started a fresh alt and immediately had all four class buffs, Revan holoshop, access to Cartel unlocks I already had before, and things like Rocket Boost even though I only moved one guy. It was very helpful to say the least.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Just resubbed, what site should I go to for builds?
Respeccing is free at the fleet if you're subbed. I think the best way to learn your class and the different builds is to experiment. This ain't 50g WoW respecs of 2004 type shit. Knock yourself out.

Torhead has a speccing tool if you need though.

Arterial

N00b
Just resubbed, what site should I go to for builds?
Dulfy has some good class guides if you google them, she has them buried in her site, they are all written by top notch players, I am pretty knowledgeable in all things operative/assassin/sorc

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Until you're much higher level builds won't matter much. It's good to look to get a general idea of what you want to be doing, but really isn't going to come together till you have end game abilities for rotation etc. I can give you a run down on Shadow, Sentinel, and sort of Commando.