SWTOR

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Sorc storyline really threw one of my other buddies off so much he went emo and rerolled a marauder.

I will say this is the first game ever I have watched cutscenes and kind of paid attention to the story.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I started a sage last night, figured if i was ever going to finish it now is the time with the xp boost. If i had treek id do an evil play through because I'm too lazy to juggle companions for dialouges. So good it is

moontayle

Golden Squire
Evil is the only way to play Consular and Trooper (unless you're the hoo-ra type). It just adds a lot more depth to the story and doesn't seem as shallow. Sorc storyline is the most boring out of all of them. It has a moment or two but they really fucked up the transition from Chapter One to Chapter Two and in the context of the Galactic Civil War the overall story has exactly zero impact.

sukik

I was good female. I liked my character but she never had a lot of interesting ideas besides randomly just amassing a crew. I would much rather have had my focus be on the mystical side of the force, like go to dagobah and become a hermit.

Same way I feel inquisitor's storyline could have had you start off as a senator in the republic of sorts, and just have you go full palpatine
This kinda cross faction story would've been awesome for several story lines, but probably way too expensive. Plus there's no real grey option. I finished the Bounty Hunter over the weekend, and
I chose to kill most everyone. Jedi, Sith, republic, imperial. I spared the chancellor because he at least apologized, but Darth Tormen got a bullet to the head for being a dick to the end. And after all this I go to Makeb and they're all "You're the savior of the Sith empire" and my character all of a sudden has a vested interest in the empire winning. Not. I know they just used a generic storyline for Makeb like they'll probably use a generic storyline for future expansions, I just hope the next one sucks less. I'm glad it only takes an hour or two to skip through Makeb because depending on how a play through goes the Makeb story comes across as pants on head stupid.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Makeb is not the best, by any means. So far knight has been one of my favorites. My scoundrel is just hilarious, I play a whore mongering bipolar with him. I agree 100% dark side or a mix is the only way to go for consular and trooper.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
To clarify, evil consular is just money. Trooper dark side I don't consider evil for the most part, more like a soldier doing his job. LS trooper would have had his ass suicide missioned or court marshaled in a heartbeat.

sukik

I think you all have sold me on evil consular. The character's just left Tython so there's still plenty of time to correct his path.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I really am torn about resubbing for a bit to come back and check out the stories. At one point I figured I'd come back off and on and knock out a class or two that I hadn't seen yet, then maybe play a couple the other way (Dark side v. Light side) that I thought might be interesting. Think I will at some point resub and check out some of the Dark Side pub classes.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Pocket tip for guys making alts.

Since it's an alt and you're picking up whatever crew skills as filler probably, make sure to pick Diplomacy as one of them. That way, you can roll all the dark/light side choices you want as far as your conscience goes for the story, and then doing the crew skills you can wipe away what good/bad rep you've earned over time.

It makes it really easy if you're going all dark but find a light choice you'd rather have instead or vice-versa, without severely screwing things up while leveling.

I've picked Slicing, TH and Diplomacy for every alt I've rolled during this XP event since I had everything else already a few times. Two give companion gifts as well so you can ramp up extra XP just by feeding them that stuff when you trigger the companion talks/missions, and slicing sells those other crewskills missions with which you can buy gear to keep your own alts up.

sukik

Are you referring to crew affection or lightside / darkside points? For crew affection I've just been doingthisto get them to 6000 right after I get them, then finishing them off with the rank 5 companion gifts I farm up from underworld trading on my first character to get them to 10k after the main story is done. This gets me all their dialogues and the +10 pres per character. I've used the same companion 90% of the time on my xp bonus characters to make gearing easier. Doc for the Jedi then Mako for the BH. Probably just roll with the lizard on the sage.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
If I purchase now and say, play in a couple months, do I still get the large xp buff or is it temporary?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I wouldn't be surprised that the buff comes back in form of a cartel purchase, but as of now it's temporary until the expansion launches I believe.

Arterial

N00b
If I purchase now and say, play in a couple months, do I still get the large xp buff or is it temporary?
I think it will make it into the game, they mentioned they are looking at it one idea they are floating around is 3x exp for every class buff you have. Aside from the fast leveling it really lets you experience they story seamlessly and I found I actually enjoyed the story, the JK story was actually good

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am enjoying the imperial agent story even though a lot of the leveling is the same as my first toon. The dungeon queueing we did last night wasn't bad at all either. Got through the first few pretty easy.

sukik

Why do people hate Qyzen Fess? He's pretty awesome.
I'm playing the Jedi Consular like Qyzen and I are on a great hunt competing for jaggnoth points, or whatever they're called.