SWTOR

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Some 192 gear plummeted down to 690k on my server. Was tempted to buy Treek a full suit.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Crafting mats are bottoming out since grade 11s got added to jawa junk. On top of that this slot machine is going to keep it dirt cheap.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
So close to being able to solo the 55 tacticals for the 60 weekly. Feels like they really smoothed out 55-60 in such a way that Treek isn't nearly as overpowered like he was at 55. All in all I like the expansion.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Hatred/Serenity is fucking sick. 100% DoT uptime on all targets in an Arena (or damn near) with the ability to heavily pressure a single target at the same time...

I feel a nerf incoming.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Storm is pretty retarded in pvp atm as well. Been playing my sorc lately a lot and it's just stupid good with Lightning right now.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
So I just got level 53 (Sith Jugg tank spec) and I'm wondering if I should just sit on my coms till I'm 55 or burn them all on level 50 gear? I've got like 200 coms saved up. Really no idea of my options. Halp.

Malakriss

If you have the expansion and can go all the way up to 60 you will get loads of free gear just by going through the expansion story. It starts out with the solo mode flashpoints which give you a bolster and Jesusbot so your gear doesn't matter much anyways until you get to Rishi.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yeah pro newbie tip, never use comms anymore until 60. Convert all your pvp into basic comms as well until you can convert them into ranked. If you pvp a lot like I did when I level you'll be hitting the 2850 cap about 20 times before 60

Jais

Trakanon Raider
So I'm level 58 now and just starting into the expansion quest line. I'm the tank for a group of friends, and was expecting the levels to slow at some point and I'd need the 50 gear to carry me and mine to 60. But I swear levels are only faster now. Burned a few flashpoint exp potions for the intro solo Flashpoints and made a killing with uberbot slaying bodies left and right.

Is there a breakdown on what my defensive stats should be? X amount of Def, Y Shield, Z Absorb?

Thanks for the previous advice.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Depends on the tank. Post on the subject:http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=790085

Basically, add up all the defense, absorb, and shield rating to get the total currently on your gear, then check the table and you'll see where you should be at for that total versus what you have.

It's mostly the same for PvP, but there's value in shedding some of the defense stats for dps stats.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I somewhat disagree after PvPing a fair amount the last few weeks. Good Op healers are still really hard to put down, they just can't be one-man heal Gods like they could before. They may have overcorrected a bit, but not by much. I still hate going up against them in arena.

I should note I don't know what it's like in PvE for them, I'm only basing my opinion off my experiences in PvP.

Vilmz_sl

shitlord
I'm leveling up my old lowbie Vanguard, and I'm now at level 59 and running Tactics. Good lord this burst is INSANE. Survivability seems pretty horrendous but I'll take it if I can drop people this fast in PVP. Assassin's/Shadows still seem to be OP just like they have been since launch. Every tool in the books and they have it.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
The difference between 10-59 pvp and 60 pvp is night and day sadly. I love doing pre-cap pvp.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I'm leveling up my old lowbie Vanguard, and I'm now at level 59 and running Tactics. Good lord this burst is INSANE. Survivability seems pretty horrendous but I'll take it if I can drop people this fast in PVP. Assassin's/Shadows still seem to be OP just like they have been since launch. Every tool in the books and they have it.
It's pretty much all about playstyle. Tactics is basically pure burst, which in PvP is king. A good friend who is very good at number crunching and figuring out how to squeeze every ounce of potential out of a spec basically said it's great for 10 seconds then mediocre for about 20 before it becomes great again. With shoulder cannon and the crit boost it becomes godlike about once every 3 minutes or so. If you can survive the burst, and most classes have tools to do so, you have a decent sized window in which to take them out before it gets dicey again. Which, you almost have to be playing against a vegetable to accomplish with their counters. Ran into a team with 3 of them last night, in the 6 seconds my AE taunt was active the mere 30% damage reduction resulted in 40k protection. That's about 120k damage in six seconds. That's insane.

Hatred/Serenity specs for Assassin/Shadow are all about pressure. We have some burst but it's rolled into just two abilities, though admittedly you can get them in 15s intervals. The dot spread is nice and the source of our pressure but other than padding numbers, most times it doesn't accomplish much. If an op healer is spreading out their HoTs and laying down their AE heal, it mitigates the worst of it. Sorc bubbles and heal pool, Merc trauma probe and AE heal will accomplish the same thing. One Serenity shadow is easily shut down by a competent healer and without help it's pretty nigh impossible to get a healer down without help. The problem is their power stacks pretty well so every additional one added to the team makes it harder to keep up with heals.

I won't argue with our utility, it's almost second to none, but some of it is contingent on what Utility choices you make. Which, honestly, there's maybe one either/or choice in PvP (instant Whirlwind or Force Cloak/Resilience combo).

Jait

Molten Core Raider
So...I don't have the sauce but I heard in-game they are banning people who used the Ravagers exploit more than a few times? They're also removing any schematics gained through RE that way as well.

I love it.

edit:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...24#edit7999124

Hey folks,

As I talked about in my previous post we needed to finalize our data and ensure that we were ready to move on appropriate actions for those players who abused the Ravager's Exploit. Since we have been a bit more open in our process regarding this particular exploit, we thought it would be best to bring it full circle and tell you specifically what we are doing to those players. As of this post, our actions against players has begun. Here are the types of actions we are taking based on the severity of their exploits:.Received a warning along with anywhere between 1-7 days of in-game suspension time..Anyone who received an in-game suspension will also lose their forum privileges for the same period of time.

.For our most egregious offenders, they will have received a suspension up to a permanent suspension.
Inside of those categories of player's it is also possible they could have very specific additional actions taken against them including:.Removal of inappropriately obtained high-end gear and crafting materials
.Removal of credits and commendations
We know that one of the gameplay impacts from this exploit was an influx of crafters being able to make items which they reverse engineered from ill-gotten gains. Any player who exploited (regardless of severity) and gained a crafting pattern is likely to see that pattern removed.

We didn't take these actions lightly and reviewed every account to determine where we could be lenient. From our end, this was a no win situation. We feel responsible for allowing the exploit to occur and remain in the game for an unreasonable length of time, but we also cannot and will not condone cheating. Thankfully, a large majority of our players didn't exploit at all, but unfortunately, some of those who did have been with us for a long time, even all the way back to launch. It breaks our hearts to see a few of those loyal players partake in the exploit. Still, it would be unfair to not punish those players, and so we had to take action.

We have all learned some valuable lessons this past month or so, and we're hopeful to catch these types of situations long before they get released or very quickly thereafter. Please continue to do what you can to notify us quickly should we create another situation where someone can benefit by exploiting a bug in the game.

We appreciate your understanding of our position and hope you'll continue to enjoy your time with us. We have a lot of great additions coming to SWTOR this year and we look forward to sharing them with you.

-eric

Eric Musco | Community Manager

Malakriss

Was a slap on the wrist for most of the people, RNG as to whether egregious offenders got a full week or permabans apparently. Doesn't matter the 192 market was already crashed and crafting mats went to shit after the slot machine.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
So playing this again. Played for a month when it launched, basically played the single player game as a sith marauder, and wasn't excited about the lack of options for the multiplayer game at level cap.

Come back after what, 3 years, and there's tons of content and features now, and well everything else out there is kinda terrible and it's been so long i've forgotten mostly everything about this game anyway, so it's basically new.

Help a brother out, with some questions:

1. Subscription. Does it make the gay cash shop stuff go away? ie is this shit purposely gay to entice you to sub, or is the cash shop their money maker and sub is just fluff?

2. Expansions. If I sub are these included? ie the level cap increase and content additions? or do I also need to buy these? I'm currently on a 7 day "invite a friend" thing so most of the gay for being a free 2 play player went away, but the game is constantly advertising for me to buy the hutt cartel expansion. I Started a new character who is like lvl 19 I somehow doubt that Hutt Cartel is super important for me at this venture. I know from playing before I could get to lvl 50 without having an expansion since it didn't even exist yet at that time.

3. About that multiplayer stuff. Ok lots of things being thrown at me, flash points and campaigns and battlegrounds and warplots and etc so forth. I may be mixing up my names since i've went through so many games lately. But is it correct to assume this game now has: epic/hardmode/whatever 4-5 man content (what are groups, 4 or 5 players? i cant remember). Some form of multigroup PVE raid content. some form of team PVP (whether its arena/ctf/etc or "scenario"), and some form of solo/tournament/whatever pvp? I see they added housing and a bunch of stuff for that. Guild housing or whatever it is called, guild ships? Guilds make their own fleet ships or something?

4. I also see they added some kind of PVP version of the space fighter game? That on rail space battle shit was pretty damn fun I seem to recall. For what it was, a mini-game, it was pretty dope. Is the pvp one some kind of on rail thing or more like a tie fighter thing?