SWTOR

moontayle

Golden Squire
Not sure. I will say that out of all the games I've PvP'd in (DAoC, WoW, EQ2, SWG, Warhammer, AA), the PvP in SWTOR "feels" the best from an actual mechanics standpoint, though it's clearly last place in a "meaningful PvP" standpoint. It also has the best PvP map (imo) ever created in Huttball. Queshball can eat a dick.

Arterial

N00b
Didn't they release a statistical breakdown of account content activities that showed 80% of players played the game solely for story quests? Think flashpoints were the next and Warzones/Operations were the least.

In short, don't know why anyone would expect this to be great PVP game.
The game does cater to filthy casuals, but the Operations and PvP are pretty solid, I would say their flashpoints are pretty weak

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Flashpoints just need redesign. They need to be made solo ala SoR. You can do the first three (ship, athiss, Mandalorian) at even levels if you're an experienced player with Treek. But they really should be reincorporated into the class story lines and you're given a buffed pet/ally to complete it once with.

War games is completely wasted. You have to bring a group even at max level and is actually quite fun.

Arterial

N00b
Yeah, all of the original flashpoints were pretty solid anything they put out after launch was poop and a faceroll even on hard

moontayle

Golden Squire
I thought Lost Island was challenging. Unlike Kaon when we cleared it in PvP gear with a PvP geared companion as a 4th.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Didn't they release a statistical breakdown of account content activities that showed 80% of players played the game solely for story quests? Think flashpoints were the next and Warzones/Operations were the least.

In short, don't know why anyone would expect this to be great PVP game.
When you say "accounts" are you including free-to-play? Because f2p accounts are severely hamstrung on anything that isn't a questing.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
So if I wanted to come back and try a new class, any suggestions? I did bounty hunter to max for launch + 4-5 months.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Mostly looking for story. Not looking to invest a ton of time in this until wow tapers off a bit more.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sith Warrior and Imperial Agenet generally agreed upon being the best stories in the game. Jedi Knight is also pretty good.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Jedi Knight also ties directly into the Revan novel. Thought that was pretty cool.
I think I've said it before somewhere in this thread, when I played Jedi Knight I really felt like I was playing KOTOR 3. That class definitely feels like a continuation of the KOTOR storyline.

moontayle

Golden Squire
One of the things I liked the most about having played all the class stories is lining up how they affect one another, either directly or indirectly. The game itself is flawed but they really did a good job with the stories. And not just the class stories but each planet and the escalation of the Civil War. Some of it can be confusing (for instance, Corellia Republic story takes place after Corellia Imperial story) but overall everything ties in neatly.

3.2 patch is supposed to continue the current story arch so I'm looking forward to that. And the inevitable nerfing that's coming to a few classes. So many tears, so few glasses to catch them all.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
I'll give jedi knight a try. Shame about sith warrior...I shied away from them at first since I thought the armor previews looked dumb. BH story was pretty meh from what I remember.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'll give jedi knight a try. Shame about sith warrior...I shied away from them at first since I thought the armor previews looked dumb. BH story was pretty meh from what I remember.
Agent and Sith Warrior were the better 2 stories Imp side. Although I didn't mind Inquis or BH stories they just weren't as solid at all.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Inquis is the weakest story of the 8. Political infighting and cobbled together sith voodoo with no connection to the actual narrative of the overall game.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Been meaning to finish up the Sith Warrior story line and check out the 55-60 story on my op, that might convince me to sub for a month.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
What is up with melee dps? I played a sith marauder to 50 on initial launch, they weren't the strongest class or anything but they were fine, nps soloing to cap enjoy the story nbd.

fast forward what 3-4 years, tons of changes and redesign, I log in, try to make sense of the changes and specs and shit and go out and try to fight. annnnnd i'm eating shit like a bitch from the weakest shit. group of 3 minions? I lose? wtf. Ok it's just been a while I need to relearn how to play this game. So I start up a Sith Sorcerer and level it to 60, relearn the basic game nbd, start doing operations and flashpoints and everything is fine, sorc is a boss. Go back to my Marauder now armed with a bit of knowledge of basic gameplay and having read a few guides on melee deeps....and i'm eating shit from a single tough? still having to use pots to fight a group of 3 minions AND still losing? wtf? i'm lvl 50 fighting lvl 49-50 mobs, maybe this game became a group game while I was gone, and sorc is just OP? start a BH (but got bored so switched to Trooper since it's the same class just pub version) and it's kicking ass and taking names too? maybe i just need to relearn marauder or something? try a different spec? So I start up a Jedi Sentinel (same as marauder just new storyline, i already played marauder) and by the time I get to like lvl 12 i'm eating shit again? wtf

maybe it's melee that is terrible? So I start up a jedi guardian annnd i'm boss mode again, doing same dmg with tons more defense, ie not dying, no problems.

I'm guessing something happened at some point where they decided that melee dps had too much defense for a DPS class or something, so they weakened their defenses, not realizing that you need defenses to survive in melee range? idk. Is it just me? am I just bad at the class that I was good at before but reasons? or did they change something (obviously they changed a lot of things ofc) but i mean, change something fundamental with melee dps classes?

The only other thing I can think of is ping time, as i'm much further from the servers now than I was when I played this game before, but I don't think that has much of anything to do with the mechanics of this game, it's not really action/twitch.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I really don't know what to tell you with that one. I had no problems getting my Marauder to 60 or doing dailies (with base companions, no treek or HK on her) and am currently leveling a Sentinel. Have done all the specs too. Only thing I can offer is maybe run Fury over Annihilation or Carnage. Lots more up front burst. If I had to rate classes on a 1-5 scale on difficulty to play, I would put Mara/Sent at a 4. They have a lot going on, and it's difficult to navigate it all.