SWTOR

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I've had a few people use the link but I doubt it's anything specific to the link itself. Sounds like EAWare's system just doesn't like you. Or it's shit. I'm guessing the latter.
Yeah I didn't think it was your link, I am just wondering if it works at all. I don't understand how an E-Mail takes so long. I've tried several times.
frown.png

Edit: 3 Days later, 5 days total since trying to create an account thru moontayle's link. Still no validation e-mail. Wtf? Could it be my browser or something?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah I didn't think it was your link, I am just wondering if it works at all. I don't understand how an E-Mail takes so long. I've tried several times.
frown.png

Edit: 3 Days later, 5 days total since trying to create an account thru moontayle's link. Still no validation e-mail. Wtf? Could it be my browser or something?
Have you checked your spam/all mail folder?

Sterling

El Presidente
I had issues when trying to validate on an old email account and talked to their CS and ended up creating a new account just for this. Pretty annoying but only wasted a few minutes I guess.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I had issues when trying to validate on an old email account and talked to their CS and ended up creating a new account just for this. Pretty annoying but only wasted a few minutes I guess.
They are brand new accounts/new emails. I've tried several times. Can't be in spam/junk, have no emails at all. Using new hotmails. Ugh :/

Menion_sl

shitlord
Just call them. I forgot my account name but had the Email correct and they sorted me out in about 5 min on the phone last weekend.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I bought a bunch of legacy stuff over the years. How do you transfer that to another server? (Is there a rerolled guild yet?)

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So is it 12x xp for story quests or it just boosted xp for like, all summer?

Because yay, can finally stomach playing alts for the story!

12 comms per story mission should be plenty to stay well geared, too. I have a glut of them just from dicking around up to level 12 over the weekend. (jedi starting planet is SO BAD)

Guardian with perk that resets leap cooldown ftw.

Shadowlands - Kreugen imp, Kreugi (lol lame) pub

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
From the Cantina podcast they said the 12xp boost would end this fall, so yea I'm gonna try to finish all the stories. Got Bounty Hunter, Imperial Operative, Jedi Knight and Jedi Consular done during the last 12xp so I'm pretty sure I can finish the rest this time.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
So is it 12x xp for story quests or it just boosted xp for like, all summer?
Do only the class story quests and that's all you need to do to advance to 60. for 4 months
wink.png

It's awesome. I still need to finish the Sith Inquisitor, Smuggler, Jedi Consular, Bounty Hunter, and Trooper story lines.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The 12XP only takes you to 55. Up to 50 it's only the class quest, for 50-55 it's for the Makeb main quest only, 55-60 is the old fashioned way with regular XP.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Tried to do new boss, holy fucking noob city shitshow.

Also, 15 fps in 16 man plastic mode. Settings on ultra or minimum seems to do absolutely nothing, other than maybe shadows.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Okay 12x story xp is definitely fun, because I picture myself cruising by all of these quest npcs with my middle finger raised, no fucks given.

Not helping you, not helping youuuu, fuck you, not helping youuuu

You get enough comms to stay nearly max geared but my companions are going to be wearing their starter clothes at 55.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
12XP is so good, it lets you experience the best part of this game and skip the MMO quest grind(if you want to) Granted a lot of the quests are interesting on their own as they limit the collect ten bear asses to maybe two a planet, tried the PvP spaceship battles and we got our shit pushed in by a bunch of max levels(think a bunch of raid geared max levels camping a noob zone), wasn't even close to fair and ruined the fun but would be awesome if we were matched with even levels.

sukik

12XP is so good, it lets you experience the best part of this game and skip the MMO quest grind(if you want to) Granted a lot of the quests are interesting on their own as they limit the collect ten bear asses to maybe two a planet,
The main planetary quests are good for a rehash if you haven't done them a while. Rest is probably meh.

tried the PvP spaceship battles and we got our shit pushed in by a bunch of max levels(think a bunch of raid geared max levels camping a noob zone), wasn't even close to fair and ruined the fun but would be awesome if we were matched with even levels.
That was my experience. I don't think it gets fun until the proper gear is acquired.

I'll probably be mia this week in SWTOR. The old blood came out today so I'm probably going to binge on that until I finish it.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
The main planetary quests are good for a rehash if you haven't done them a while. Rest is probably meh.

That was my experience. I don't think it gets fun until the proper gear is acquired.

I'll probably be mia this week in SWTOR. The old blood came out today so I'm probably going to binge on that until I finish it.
All good, I got a Jugger to 23, Covert Op to 27 and my Inquistor to 23 all in a day of playing.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
i think the 12xp is going to bring in a good amount of subs, something they should of done sooner
Well, they did, but then they took it away in fairly short order. Now that it's going to be for four or five months, it's a no brainer.

What server is everyone on? I am on Jedi Covenant. Would be good to play with some of you especially since this weekend is nothing but beer and games.

sukik

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen..._12x_leveling/

GEARING YOURSELF

Take the commendation rewards from every class mission. Buy a full Trainee set (armor + weapon + offhand) from the new Level 7 Basic vendor on Fleet when you have enough comms.

Upgrade your Trainee gear at the Basic comm vendors on Fleet at levels 13, 29, and 41. Every three class missions under 12x will give you enough comms for a full refresh on four pieces of gear. You don't need to upgrade every 4 levels; every 8 or 16 levels should be often enough, especially if you're using a healing companion.

Head to Makeb as soon as you hit 47 to reach 55 in the shortest time. Your level 41 set should get you through to 47, and after that the bolster on Makeb will carry you from 47 to 55. As soon as you hit 55, play through [SOLO] Forged Alliances (also bolstered), which will give your first set of (162 rated) SoR leveling gear.

Continue on and play through Rishi, Yavin, and Ziost, and you'll wind up with a full set of blue 190 rated gear by the end of Ziost. The leveling sets from Yavin will work fine for Ziost, so just ignore the 186 and 192 comm vendors; all of their kit is now obsolete.

Pause anywhere between 56 and 60 to pick up some cheap Ruusan relics off the GTN. The greens are almost as good as the purples and cheaper, but the purples are usually affordable anyway. You could pick up a cheap earpiece and implants as well. All these slots can be left empty up to 60 if you like.

As /u/bstr413 [1] pointed out: Don't forget your color crystals after level 55! All level 56 and above gear comes with empty color crystal slots. For an economical slot filler, just grab the cheapest cartel market crystals you can find on the GTN in your preferred stats, then unlock in collections account-wide for a few CC, and you'll have an endless supply of crystals to fill out all of your 55-60 gear. If you got the recent sub promo crystals, those also work (not sure if they're collectible).

NOTE: The 12x bonus ENDS as soon as you hit level 55, regardless where you are at in the storyline. At that point you should move on to SoR content to continue leveling and gearing at best speed. You can circle back later, once you hit 60 and have your Ziost gear, to finish any class missions you left behind.

NOTE: As /u/villige_idiot [2] pointed out, the comm vendors on the planets did not get the new reduced comm pricing when 3.2 arrived, so always do your shopping on Fleet for the best prices.

GEARING COMPANIONS

For your first 12x playthrough, throw some cheap orange cartel market armor shells (or one of the free legacy bound armor sets, if you have them) and an orange weapon on your companion. Either hand down mods to them as you level, or upgrade the companion as well if you have enough comms. This works for all humanoid companions, but sadly not for droids, which can't wear regular armor.

The Level 7 Trainee gear is class locked, so companions cannot use it. But you can get orange offhands for all companions from the Nar Shadda comm vendor (requires level 20-something).

As you level up and upgrade your own gear, pull the mods out and put them into legacy armor shells to use on companions. Once you have a legacy set for each main stat at levels 13, 29, and 41, you will be covered for every companion in the game except the droids, for all future alts.

At level 60, you can get full sets of 192 rated legacy bound armor and weapons for all your companions, from the [WEEKLY] on Yavin IV. There also is a [DAILY] quest on Rishi that gives 192 rated legacy bound companion offhands. This gear is useable from 55 and still quite good at 60.

EDIT: Glad to see people find this helpful. And thanks for the gold!