SWTOR

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Man, what a fucking non-issue for what is really wrong with this game. Honestly, Bioware should have had same sex shit in prior to launch because they know all the "story story story" RP assholes would call it out. It's a tough call but I might have left romance on the floor despite the weird enjoyment I got from dicking my apprentice as a Sith Warrior.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
Hey,

with the Darth Hater site being redone, and bunch them Quit,Fired etc.

Does anyone know if Justin from the Site and does the Republic show on gamebreaker is he still there?

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20130115

Massive Content patch rofl below.

Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon to The Old RepublicT, allowing players to experience brand new in-game content, including a limited time event and an exciting new way to progress your character.
.Explore the Planet Ilum to unveil a new Event, Relics of the Gree! A mysterious ancient Gree starship called "the Gray Secant" has appeared over Ilum's Western Ice Shelf. Those who are brave enough will get the chance to help the Gree and face off against a powerful foe waiting in the heart of the Gree vessel. Republic and Imperial forces that finish this mission will earn exclusive Gree technology, including highly advanced weapon and armor appearances!
.Advance your character with the new Galactic Reputation system! The Galactic Reputation system lets you earn Reputation points by completing missions for factions such as the Gree or the Voss, or for military divisions within the Republic and the Empire. This new system advances characters through six ranks of increasing prestige: "Outsider", "Newcomer", "Friend", "Hero", "Champion", and "Legend". Galactic Reputation is also tied to a character's Legacy, so Reputation points and ranks are shared across all the characters within the same Legacy!

moontayle

Golden Squire
I don't like the idea of reputation but I guess it's mitigated by being Legacy instead of per character.

Caeden

Holy shit. Their answer to horrid end game is "add a bar to fill up." Fuck, honestly, its the same shit as wow just with a better developed raid game in wow and typically better overall work on gear appearances in wow. Just pick which world you want to fill the bar.

It does kill me that they half-ass compared to Blizz. So far only the rakghoul plague felt like a blizzard level event. The raids are all short and shallow compared to blizz, the story was deep but for whatever reason just seems infinitely less replayable compared to wow, and the pvp is just awful but still feels better in wow.

Caeden

I do appreciate that it's tied to legacy. Props on that, but no mention of reward? This is just treadmilling to treadmill?

Caeden

Meh, people afk'ing on fleet spreading the plague while earning the best event rewards (max stat crystals) was actually when I un-subscribed.
I don't disagree it was awful but at least Bioware tried...and it should have been a godsend for those who clamor for a chance to sit in one spot and farm slowly so they can chat with guild mates and those around. (See what I did there?)

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Yea whatever the design mistake on how the plague spreads/rewards you, I have to second that the rakghoul event was the last time in TOR that I thought "hey, they do have some neat ideas, more of that might turn it around". Its been downhill for 3 months and then I quit in summer.

Is someone actually playing regularly and not paying a subscription? Is that bearable or just a tease to get you subbed? The game and especially the company arent worth $15 to me right now, but if I think it might be worth a look without paying up front I might DL it again the next time I'm bored for a day.

uup2it_sl

shitlord
Yea whatever the design mistake on how the plague spreads/rewards you, I have to second that the rakghoul event was the last time in TOR that I thought "hey, they do have some neat ideas, more of that might turn it around". Its been downhill for 3 months and then I quit in summer.

Is someone actually playing regularly and not paying a subscription? Is that bearable or just a tease to get you subbed? The game and especially the company arent worth $15 to me right now, but if I think it might be worth a look without paying up front I might DL it again the next time I'm bored for a day.
Id say its just ok. If what you want is to do the story line on some toon then its fine. I had quite a few points saved up from when I sub'd so I could buy some over priced things that made the game a touch better.

The annoying
Head slots hid (might not be big deal for some but some head pieces are so bad I just had to turn them off)
2 hour quick travel. This sucked the game has nasty habit of putting you on quest that takes you 20 mins to get to bottom of cave and then you have to fight all way back out. Not as big a deal with someone who can stealth but without stealth and 2 hr cooldown its super pita.
No fleet travel pass unless you buy one shot
No level 50 vehicle speed
No purple equipment unless you unlock. They really tease you with this one as when you hit 50 they give you 99 tickets to buy all your tier 1 gear. Course if your not paying you only get 60 and then you have to use cartel coins to unlock it so you can even wear the stuff.

The good
sprint still at lvl 1 if you are prefered.
Story content is all there
6 charaters to run per server.

Its not bad just has a few things that are annoying. If you can handle them then hey its free.

Oh and end game still sucks.

Stave

Potato del Grande
I've been playing ToR and Tera as F2P. I gotta say I am enjoying both, and being F2P I don't feel like I'm wasting money. I am not treating them like some hardcore MMO that I live in for 12 hours a day that should owe me tons of content. I only have time for a few hours a week for MMO's so it's actually kind of fun to hop on these 2 and do some questing, pvping, run an instance, or whatnot. Scratches that MMO itch. Both have improved a bit from launch. Granted they were still both failures, but they did improve a fair amount of annoyances with each game. And the server mergers they finally did seem to help make the games not feel like ghost towns.

So now I have tons of free MMO content to go through. They may not be the end-all-be-all MMOs, but for a few hours here and there I'm having a blast. With the bonus of being F2P and leaving time for single player games and RL stuff. With the fact that I can't stand WoW anymore, and there are no future MMO's coming that look interesting to me, this is the best I'm gonna get.

Torpid_sl

shitlord
I've been playing completely free to play for a couple weeks now and by far the worst part is only having 2 ability bars. The lack of inventory space and bank space is manageable, not being able to wear purples is fine while I'm leveling up (currently 35) and even only having 2 bars is fine if you switch abilities out based on the situation. Only 5 pvp warzones a week is annoying but not game breaking, most of the customization stuff isn't available to ftp (companion skin colors, can't hide helmet, can't display titles, etc) but isn't a big deal.

Overall I've been having a lot of fun (didn't play when it was released), I thought about subscribing for a month or so but it's completely playable without a subscription so I can't really justify it. I doubt I would join a guild and raid in this game unless it was a board guild or something, I'll probably just level this character and maybe a republic side one and then be done with it.

On the pvp west coast server

Xenos_sl

shitlord
The 2 ability bar thing is hideous. I mean it's not EQ2 level ridiculous, but this is still a game with way too many abilities. I mean it's not unplayable, but it's also pretty fucking uncomfortable. It might not be "pay to win", but there's still gotta be some sort of limit on the level of "barely tolerable inconvenience" that F2P games can inflict on the free play base to entice them into throwing money into the cash shop.