SWTOR

Rhuobhe

N00b
I gotta admit, I'm feeling a desire to fire this fucker up again. I didn't have high expectations to begin with. Have they improved PVP?
PvP is one of the better aspects of the game. Unfortunately right now, there is not much point in griding pvp gear @50 because 2.0 is right around the corner and the new gear at 55 can be purchased with the same currency.

I am sitting on max commendations until 2.0 while i grind achievements. getting bored of running ilum and space combat dailies and i am too casual to run the HM raids and world bosses I have pending.

I guess people can farm pvp adrenals and med packs.

There are a ton of things to do in the game if you're a completionist and it is going to get worse in 2.0 now that they are adding another tier of achievements.

moontayle

Golden Squire
The Achievements are surprisingly thorough as well. There's even ones for how many mobs you kill with certain companions out. A few even give out Cartel coins, though only 20 a pop, but there's like ~800 or so to be gotten that way.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
How many CC do subscribers get now? It still disappoints me how much shit they put on the cartel market.

moontayle

Golden Squire
500 for recurring monthly, 550/mo for 3 mo sub, and 600/mo for 6 mo sub. Plus 100 if you have a security key. Frankly I'm surprised they're willing to give out CC for free via the achievements. They've tread a very fine line with regards to how they're approaching the Market itself. There's nothing on there that is absolutely necessary for ones enjoyment of the game (assuming you're a sub). Everything is cosmetic with perhaps the exception of unlocks for non-subscribers. It's all just cool looking stuff. People continue to lose their damned mind over the concept though. Sometimes I wonder if half the complainers even know what Pay to Win means.

Caeden

I liked the "cool" looking stuff. I was disappointed that they took stuff out of the world to bolster market offerings and that stuf like pve gear went through so many simple recolorings. I much prefer Blizzard's approach to "tier" gear. The space mission gear I think crossed a line with me along with the rep items in packs. Not fully pay to win but it feels like the top of a slippery slope.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I gotta admit, I'm feeling a desire to fire this fucker up again. I didn't have high expectations to begin with. Have they improved PVP?
I did the same and regretted paying the $15. I know I didnt have to but I hate playing games hamstrung. Anyway, I played for a bit but found the entire thing boring.
I agree with mkopec there, I only played for like 1-2 hours after a long-ass download and was through with it again for the next few months at least, so definitely dont sub before playing for a few days.

Caeden

In my case, I have two classes I could finish since I didn't rip through all classes like a maniac.

I feel the same way with wow right now.

Kubla Kas_sl

shitlord
I felt since the storylines were the main focus, it was worth it to me to play through some of the other storylines. In fact, I only got a Trooper to 46 and no other character past 15, so I have plenty of content to still view. I just treat it like a single player Bioware game which I still enjoy.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I felt since the storylines were the main focus, it was worth it to me to play through some of the other storylines. In fact, I only got a Trooper to 46 and no other character past 15, so I have plenty of content to still view. I just treat it like a single player Bioware game which I still enjoy.
If I ever come back to play it, this is how I'll treat it. I finished Agent and Inquisitor, would like to see Sith Warr and Bounty Hunter if I ever went back. The fact they didn't go anywhere further with the class stories yet is disappointing. Would have loved to see where the Agent story could have gone.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Aside from just the enjoyment of playing the game (I know, I'm strange), I've been slowly going through the stories themselves just so I can say I managed to do them all. With the double exp weekends I've powered through the last bits of the Smuggler and Trooper stories, the only ones I had remaining. While I still have half of Corellia left on the Trooper I think it's safe to say I have a good idea how this is going to end, so I thought I would throw my thoughts on the stories up here for anyone interested. Since this might get long and since it'll contain spoilers I'll tag it. Overall I think the stories are good but with the exception of the Imperial Agent I think the Republic stories do a much better job of portraying a galactic struggle for power. And now, in no discernible order:

Imperial Agent - Hands down the best out of all the storylines. It's James Bond in space. The voice actors who got this job need to be commended, as there's plenty of times when the Imperial accent isn't warranted, and they slip in and out of it perfectly. I think the 2nd chapter is the strongest because of the twist that comes early into the narrative, that basically you're so badass that you had to get reconditioned with an "obey me" codeword ala "Would you kindly" from Bioshock (but not nearly as subtle). That said, each of the chapters is very strong and I think the twist at the end of Chapter 1 might be the best in the entire game. If you play SWTOR and only want to experience the best so you don't feel like you're wasting your time, this is the story to play. 10/10

Smuggler - I think this is one of the more fun storylines to play through. The smuggler character has such a smug sense of satisfaction at EVERYTHING they do that's it's nearly impossible not to like the character, even when they're being complete and total assholes. Best part of the story is near the end of the Alderaan set when you have to go and act as a noble's champion in a duel. As soon as the other guy says he's ready you shoot him. He screams at you that he wasn't ready yet, collects himself, then asks to go again, so you shoot him again. Just hilarious. Some of the twists and turns of the overall story kept me guessing as to what was next and there was a particularly satisfying twist on the latter half of Chapter 3 that I had a good smile at. This one is definitely worth your time if you're not into playing for the bad guys. 8/10

Sith Warrior - 2nd best Empire storyline and made so largely because of Darth Baras. While the first chapter isn't much to write home about, there's a fairly satisfying conclusion to it, especially from the Light Side standpoint. From there you actually go into furthering the overall galactic conflict but the twist at the start of Chapter 3 is just awesome and while the effort through that final chapter is largely self-serving, that you're doing it as the right hand of the Emperor is pretty awesome overall. 8/10

Jedi Knight - Probably the one storyline in the entire game that makes you feel like an actual hero. Chapter 1 is just you saving the day over and over again. Chapter 2 itself is kind of a step back but it leaps forward at the end and things take a darker turn. The twist at the start of Chapter 3 is sweeter if you've read the novel Revan. It's also hard to top the conclusion to this storyline as a whole. 8/10

Bounty Hunter - I enjoyed this story a lot even though until Chapter 3 it's very self serving. However it really fits the character of a Bounty Hunter to a "T" and each planet just has you going after high profile bounties, though each one is fairly interesting. Some of the story twists aren't anything to write home about though. Chapter 3 has you serving the interests of the Empire, which is a nice change of pace, though in the end it's also a self serving move. 7/10

Trooper - I think anyone would get a kick out of this story if you played Dark Side choices and asshole comments. However, it's pretty sedate on the whole and just doesn't grab you like some of the other stories. Chapter 1 is interesting as you work to hunt down the traitors of the original Havoc Squad but it goes south from there. Chapter 2 is just one big recruitment mission and Chapter 3, while playing into the galactic conflict overall, is just an extended recruitment drive. However, I think it has one of the best individual moments out of any story next to the one I detailed up above in the Smuggler. In between Voss and Corellia your side mission is to attend a senate hearing on your actions as Havoc Squad. The kicker is that it's being run by a senator working for the Imperials. You're told to play it straight, given evidence that the guy is a traitor, and are supposed to present it at the right time. The first conversation choice, however, has the option to just shoot the guy. So I did. The reaction from the NPCs was priceless. Eventually one of the senators says, "Just go back to the war where you belong." I couldn't stop laughing though, just too funny. Anyhoo, single bright spot doesn't take away the dullness of this story. 4/10

Sith Inquisitor - While I play an Assassin as my main, I have no problem stating that this is the worst storyline in the game, by far. You play Indiana Jones in the first chapter, the twist at the end is very easy to predict (well, half of it at least), and the story writing at the start of chapter 2 quite obviously didn't get an editing pass. You're attacked, you survive and are rescued by your apprentices in your office. Later, on your ship, it's as if that never happened because you ask what happened and they say they pulled you out of a ditch. The entire story is self serving, has no impact on the galactic conflict at large, and your single best moment at the conclusion of Chapter 3 is stolen from you by an NPC. Stay away from this storyline unless it's the last one left. 1/10

Jedi Consular - Second Worst story, only saved by the fact that you start serving galactic interests in Chapter 2. Even then there's no twists that can't be seen from a mile away, and nothing really all that interesting about the story as a whole. 2/10

At any rate, it will be interesting to see if they manage to take the class stories anywhere. Jedi Knight in particular would seem like one of those that'll never get any better than where it was at the end.

Rhuobhe

N00b
I still need to do Trooper and Sage for the achievement and buff. I am waiting for the correct gear look I guess... and the credits

Caeden

Fuck. I wish I wasn't such a Star Wars nerd. I still admit this is in my top 3 of all time Star Wars experiences with Tie Fighter and the original Kotor. My other two rounding out the top 5 would be the Battlefront series and Rogue Squadron on GameCube.

Caeden

When I quit in December, Sorcs were pvp gods I think but I still had a ton more fun on my Sith warrior tanking and healing/dps'ing on my merc

moontayle

Golden Squire
Sorcs are one trick ponies (albeit, so powerful that if you run Ranked and didn't have one on your team with that one specific spec, you're doing it wrong) and in 2.0 that pony is getting neutered a bit.

I see a lot of variety in warzones but I think the more fun classes to play are Gunslinger/Sniper and Guardian/Juggernaut.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Since I was playing last year I picked up the expansion. I just got an email that says early access begins April 9th for those interested and I'm assuming prepaid. Doubt I'll be playing for now. We'll see.

Link from email, blocked at work so NFC.http://www.swtor.com/marchtomakeb