SWTOR

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Might be tempting enough to resub. I'd like to play through some of the stories. Although is there any option to turn the exp boost off? Is it a permanent thing? I actually enjoyed a lot of the main planet story lines and hadn't seen the Republic side ones yet...wouldn't want to basically skip over those because I was completely out-leveling them because of the bonus.
You don't have to turn the exp off. The 12x bonus only applies to Class story quest, not the Planet questline. So if you want to do them both at the same time it's easy.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Was gonna say... You could basically pvp your way to 55 in a day with 12x

Looking forward to playing 55-60 on my characters this Winter. I really hope the companions have some more story too.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Excited to finish the toon I started a couple months ago. Backed off for the launch of AA, but my interest in that game is dropping at a dramatic pace.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So, with the 12X Class quest bonus, does this allow someone to level through the class stories only and not have to do side quests? (And does it stack with any major experience pots?) If so, I would run through a few of the remaining story lines.

just started this game on a f2p account. i tried it a long time ago but the story I was doing (consuleer) was boring so i never got past level 10. This time i chose mercanary and the story so far is pretty damn cool. im pretty much pure evil, cutting peoples heads off and killing anyone who gets in my way. the only problem im running into is this dumb bitch whos following me now disapproves everything I do. since shes a healer I want to keep her but at the same time I dont want her to run off or w/e. is there another healer helper that wont mind me being an evil bastard? im just playing for the story since i read some of them are pretty good such as the imperial agent and the mercenary.

also i joined an pvpRP server, does that mean there is world pvp now?

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
So, with the 12X Class quest bonus, does this allow someone to level through the class stories only and not have to do side quests? (And does it stack with any major experience pots?) If so, I would run through a few of the remaining story lines.
Yes, they calculated the bonus XP precisely so that you only need to do the class story missions (including Makeb) to make 55.

Edit: If you haven't, use my referral link and it will give you bonuses.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yes, they calculated the bonus XP precisely so that you only need to do the class story missions (including Makeb) to make 55.
Ok that is awesome. Do you need to sub or just preorder the expansion and be preferred? I can finish up my Bounty Hunter, SI, and do the JC, Smug, and Trooper lines.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
just started this game on a f2p account. i tried it a long time ago but the story I was doing (consuleer) was boring so i never got past level 10. This time i chose mercanary and the story so far is pretty damn cool. im pretty much pure evil, cutting peoples heads off and killing anyone who gets in my way. the only problem im running into is this dumb bitch whos following me now disapproves everything I do. since shes a healer I want to keep her but at the same time I dont want her to run off or w/e. is there another healer helper that wont mind me being an evil bastard? im just playing for the story since i read some of them are pretty good such as the imperial agent and the mercenary.

also i joined an pvpRP server, does that mean there is world pvp now?
You can get Mako's affection up via gifts if you lose any via conversations. Treek, however, shits on just about any other companion in the game, and go healer or tank. You can go to the Cartel Bazaar on the fleet, and there is a droid near the entrance who will sell a mercenary contract for either credits or CC (I think there may be some type of legacy level limitation, though) that you can take to another droid in there who will grant you Treek. I've played basically full light and full dark and haven't had many issues with affection going one way or another with her.

The only problem with Treek is regardless of when you get her, she comes with 2 sets of moddable gear, both with level 10 mods. So if you're only doing the class quests, it will be doubly difficult to keep her moderately geared.

Regarding the PVP - I don't play on a pvp server, but there are still areas where both factions will quest/do dailies like Oricon where there can be open pvp.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you're only concerned about affection just drop her before initiating the conversation. The legacy requirement for Treek is 40 I believe, or cash purchase. I haven't used her yet but I'll probably pick her up eventually. I've not really had a problem with the default companions on Jedi Knight or Imp agent, and I do try to run around with a get the 1000 kills with each for the achievement. I think the the big thing that Treek brings to the table is she'll make things a lot easier if you don't want to take the time to learn your characters abilities.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So this has been pretty awesome so far with this xp buff. I'm actually somewhat amazed at how feature rich this game has become. It feels about on a level just below WoW now. Doesn't play as well and still feels a bit "wooden" compared to WoW's characters, but overall a decent themepark mmo.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Warrior story down. Total time: Four days off/on at a leisurely pace. Painless, easy and actually... rewarding.

Now over to the Pubs to do the Smuggler story next, then I'll finish off my Counselor. Didn't feel like struggling through a healer back in the day during questing but now I'll just buff the Fess and let him run crazy on the story bosses while healing/Heroic Momenting.

Even though I actually liked a lot of the questing before, it got tedious doing it each time around. Smartest move Bioware has made in a long time doing this. The first four zones I did for my Marauder were packed with people everytime I went in them. The only problem is going back to other MMOs and doing a quest and not hearing 'DING!' each turn in is going to be upsetting from here on out.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
For anyone returning: Adding an authenticator to your account gives you an extra 100cr per month. The phone app is free.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I thought the phone app was only available to subscribers.
I'm not sure about initially downloading (I bought it, subbed, and added authenticator at launch) but I know I have canceled a couple of times and even logging in as FTP I still need the code and I accrue the cartel coins even when not subbed.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
You have to be sub'd to add the Security Key, so at least one month sub, then you can drop it and reap the 100 cartel coins indefinitely. Just remember that you'll have to have the security key anytime you want to long in after that unless you disable it, sub or no. If you plan on taking a big leave of absence, definitely have it on there, you get the coins every month, as long as the key is active on your account.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
This is absolutely fantastic. They should have done this sooner. I will now go through all the story lines. Smuggler right now then will finish up bounty hunter, do JC, and trooper. So awesome just doing the storyline quests.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
This is absolutely fantastic. They should have done this sooner. I will now go through all the story lines. Smuggler right now then will finish up bounty hunter, do JC, and trooper. So awesome just doing the storyline quests.
Yup I'm doing the same thing. I would have paid more to do this honestly. Long overdue and pretty cheap for what you get. Having a blast.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
For those doing just the class story with the XP bonus, how much of an issue is gearing up?

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Use money to buy armorings hits barrels from gtm. Buy other mods with comms. Should be fine doing that. Regear every 5-10 levels