SWTOR

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I went blue mods, hilts every 10 or so levels. Except for armors, I just bought green ones off the vendors in the area I was fighting and saved a bunch of cash. Stuff on the GTN has gone up quite a bit since the xp boost started. Finished the Jedi knight so whatever I do next I'm just gonna try to level off quest rewards and green crap + whatever planetary com's I pick up

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
Also, you shouldn't need to gear up after the level 39 planetary comm mods. All of your gear will be bolstered at level 47 when you go to Makeb.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Gearing hasn't been a problem at all. It becomes even less of a concern if you are doing any of the healing classes because your basic healing skills can keep companions up easily without a lot of gear, especially when throwing in Heroic Moment (people seem to keep forgetting about that every 15 mins). Also, the upgraded skills are free, unlike before where you had to keep paying credits to get new/upgraded skills. Also respec's are free if you make a mistake and put the wrong skills in the wrong spot.

Just make sure your tank or DPS that you're going to use has current gear, so they can do good damage or take hits from the Gold bosses.

Another good idea is when you hit 15, make sure you get the free Nar Shad Stronghold. The reason you want it even if you don't feel like playing Barbie is that when you are leveling and have to run through a gauntlet of mobs in a zone or instance to get to the actual boss fight, when it's over you can simply hit Stronghold warp, then warp right back to the planet. Sometimes it takes you just out of the instance you entered so you don't have to run all the way back through it, other times you can hit "Fleet" or "Starship" exit and then fly back to the planet's start if the starting NPC is housed at the beginning of a planet.

Either way, it saves more time than running/Rocketboost back through crap.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I find myself enjoying this game quite a bit again. It's strange but I swear it's responding better. Did they do some work?

Accidentally spent a bunch of cc on the damn tatooine palace for my Jedi alt. fuck. I had a ton saved up because of my authenticator. I actually am not sure what to buy...maybe treek? My legacy is only at 33

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Worth resubbing to kill time before WoD for this? Always wanted to check out the chain gun femshep lady.

sukik

Another good idea is when you hit 15, make sure you get the free Nar Shad Stronghold.
I'll second this. In addition, with minimal star wars barbie house effort you can setup a Cargo hold, Legacy Cargo hold, mailbox and GTN access point all right next to each other near the entrance. If you're like me and you keep your extra companions gathering all the time(which you should be doing), your inventory gets messed up with mats in a hurry. Warp to stronghold, dump contents in legacy box or sell them on GTN, warp back to the spot you were at. And as a bonus any character can craft directly from the legacy box so you don't have to pull anything out.

A couple of notes about using Strongholds as a warp/bonuce point.
  • If you log out in the stronghold after having traveled there from a planet the "Return to planet" will take you back to the starting point of that planet, which is typically the exit point of your ship.
  • If you use it as a shortcut to Nar Shadda make sure the quest doesn't say "Travel to Nar Shada" because the way the quest is scripted you have to warp into the system/cut scene/quest update etc.

sukik

I find myself enjoying this game quite a bit again. It's strange but I swear it's responding better. Did they do some work?

Accidentally spent a bunch of cc on the damn tatooine palace for my Jedi alt. fuck. I had a ton saved up because of my authenticator. I actually am not sure what to buy...maybe treek? My legacy is only at 33
After worrying about what I should buy with cartel points, the only thing I love and still use a few months in are rank 3 rocket boots. Everything else is fluff. Although if you have the extra cash for Treek, everyone owner I've seen loves her.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
leveling just on the story sounds amazing. FML. Whats a good republic server for someone with no one to play with?

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
leveling just on the story sounds amazing. FML. Whats a good republic server for someone with no one to play with?
If you're just interested in leveling the class storylines, it doesn't matter what server you're on. You're not going to be grouping with people because there's no point (unless you want to do a daily Flash for the 10 comms). If you're doing the story, you won't want people talking while you're watching the movies anyways if you're like me so you'll turn voicechat off and won't read chat. The class storylines was the only real 'solo' part I considered when people talked about SWTOR being a 'single player game'. The rest of the leveling was just like any other MMO.

So, if you don't have longterm plans for TOR, any server will do for that. Storylines vary as to taste, so might want to find out which one you think you'll be interested in. By all accounts, Sith side are infinitely better than just about any Pub one.

edit: For Pub, I think Jedi Covenent is a bit more active than Shadowlands.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
If you're just interested in leveling the class storylines, it doesn't matter what server you're on. You're not going to be grouping with people because there's no point (unless you want to do a daily Flash for the 10 comms). If you're doing the story, you won't want people talking while you're watching the movies anyways if you're like me so you'll turn voicechat off and won't read chat. The class storylines was the only real 'solo' part I considered when people talked about SWTOR being a 'single player game'. The rest of the leveling was just like any other MMO.

So, if you don't have longterm plans for TOR, any server will do for that. Storylines vary as to taste, so might want to find out which one you think you'll be interested in. By all accounts, Sith side are infinitely better than just about any Pub one.

edit: For Pub, I think Jedi Covenent is a bit more active than Shadowlands.
Yeah I am on JC for my repub characters. I am going through the smuggler story right now, but hoping it picks up. Even with just doing the story only quests, I have yet to complete chapter one (Only played for 5 hours) and am hoping something more happens soon.

sukik

I decided to go with BH(merc) for my next character. Took ~45 minutes to get to level 14 and the story is off to a great start.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So is your legacy cross server?

I'm on potf and it apparently sucks. Both my pubs and emps are here and I have a couple dead guilds I'm in. Can you transfer? Meh. I actually am not sure I care either. I considered running the ops once to see dread masters but meh on that too.

Celebrindal

Golden Squire

I'm on potf and it apparently sucks. Both my pubs and emps are here and I have a couple dead guilds I'm in. Can you transfer? Meh. I actually am not sure I care either. I considered running the ops once to see dread masters but meh on that too.
Legacy is not cross server.

I'm on potf as well, and it's one of the lighter servers. Not a lot of WZ/GSF pop, especially now that everyone is out leveling alts. I am in a Sith guild that promotes you through dueling, which is kinda cool. They're 99% about PVP, but I've seen a few go to pug OPs.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord

Yes.

Let's say you have 4 50's from each class with buffs on one server. If you take just one of those and xfer it to another server altogether and then start a brand new character on the new server, the new character will have all four class buffs from the start. If you only have two, then it takes those two buffs.

The same works (strangely) for Stronghold stuff. Whatever furniture/achievements were unlocked there is unlocked as well and is able to be placed there. The only thing not unlocked is the actual Stronghold itself, so you'd have to re-purchase them all.

The only thing is the Legacynameis different, so you'd have to make a new name but the bonuses all follow.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
What server are most people on? Any clan recommendations? My little brother and work friends want to play an MMO and are liking the sound of this but its been a long time since I played this.

Are the raids and dungeons still EZ mode as well? They really are into the lore and want to do it all.

sukik

I think some of the others are on Jedi Covenant but I'm on Shadowlands. When I asked a few months ago it was a mixed response so I don't think there's a strong presence on any particular server.

sukik

If anyone Shadowlands wants to form a leveling/alt guild for rerolled people let me know and I'll help. But for stuff like ops/conquest there's no reason not to join an established guild for that sort of thing.