SWTOR

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
Did a rerolled guild ever come to life on Shadowlands? I picked this back up today after realizing that DA3 is only going to hold me a week or two and after that I will be ready for something else. With Revan coming, I figured it may as well as be this as I have a few 55s already here and there and blowing through some of the class stories I never finished is extremely appealing.

Galactic starfighter, holy shit, that is brutal for a noob getting tossed in with pro pilots. Very steep learning curve there.
IMO, don't even bother with GSF until the new expansion,until they roll out the requisition increase. Rolling stock versus teams that are full build is such bullshit. And getting next to no reward for it... Do your daily/weekly, and that's it. Don't grind.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Made quite a few mil off the recent pack release. There's still plenty of idiots who will misprice the new items (intentionally or unintentionally) but still were competent enough to buy packs as soon as they become available. For example, got a 2x Cantina Dancer deco for 160k total, even after GTN cut I made 10x that easy. 10k for a Dathomir sash, 50k for an Ilum holo map, etc. The price cash hit hard after just a few hours, but now that the initial stock is getting depleted it's already bouncing back up.

Since Jarael's is too plain looking and Dathomir either wasn't rare enough or isn't desired as much as people thought the amount of packs opened is going to be less from here on out. Rare stronghold decorations are probably the best money makers.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
New information regarding the class missions:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...17#edit7814917

Hey folks,

I wanted to pass on some important information for you in preparation for Shadow of Revan. As many of you know, in SoR there is a Mission you receive which is a unique Classs mission, meaning there is one for each Class. What I wanted to let you know is that in order to go on this Mission, you must have completed Act 3 on that character. That unique Mission is a continuation from Act 3, so you must have progressed your story to that point.

Note that this Class Mission is separate from the "critical path" of Shadow of Revan, so if you don't want to do this Class Mission, you can still progress through the expansion storyline. Although, it is of course highly recommended that you play through that Class Mission as well

TLDR - To play the new Class Mission in SoR, you must have cleared Act 3.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]
I hope to finish my Sith Warrior before Dec. 2nd since I've been distracted by WoW. Managed to finish the Jedi Knight, Jedi Consular and Bounty Hunter during the xp bonus. Would really like to squeeze in the other Sith class or Commando before then, but I don't think I'll have time.

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
New information regarding the class missions:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...17#edit7814917

I hope to finish my Sith Warrior before Dec. 2nd since I've been distracted by WoW. Managed to finish the Jedi Knight, Jedi Consular and Bounty Hunter during the xp bonus. Would really like to squeeze in the other Sith class or Commando before then, but I don't think I'll have time.
I got 8 classes to 55 during this period (Mara, vanguard, sage, guardian, assassin, Op, scoundrel, Merc), and now I'm just trying to get all their companions affection maxed and crew skills up for the expansion. Most other people are just capping comms so they are geared at 60, but for some reason it's not a priority for me. I still don't know what class I want to be my main, either.

Malakriss

I must be a casual, or just lazy about finishing characters. Got my last three classes up to Hoth/Belsavis and about four others in Act 2 as species unlock stealther farm hoarders.

I'll worry about comms and flashpoints when I'm 60, no one should have come back to a game simply to grind more points of the week/month.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm definitely casual...been putzing around on JK and agent and not quite done. I'm feeling the pull of wow again though.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I've been home recovering from surgery/illness the last couple weeks and have been finishing up the 5 I haven't done as well as replaying the agent as a light side healer. Having the auction house, mailbox and vendor on the ship is so convenient. Finish a couple planets upgrade, my gear and companion and just keep moving. Oh and the portable class trainer from Rise of the Hutt is the other great quality of life item as well as a scalable speeder from the market. Just have a tank trooper left but really not feeling him. It doesn't help that the last 3 I've done have been stealth classes letting me skip all the trash and basically watch a cheesy star wars movie.

Oh, and one last tip which I think was mentioned here already. At 47 go to your ship and click the holoterminal to get to makeb and a free 128 weapon. If you don't care about finishing the questlines in order you can click a satellite on the spacestation next to the transport and it buffs your characters stats up to handle makeb mobs in crap gear and you can bang out 47-55 in 2-3 hours. After that get the intro quest to Oricon for a free random and tradeable 156 purple.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Well, the obvious was handed down in the dev reports this week: Operative/Scoundral healing is getting nerfed. It needed to be. The obviousness of their power was clearly evident in PvP and Arenas. If someone even had half a brain on how to play them, they outstripped every other healer. More than one on a team was a recipe for a long battle. Every single Arena I did as a tank with an Op healer on my side we ended up winning. If the Op healer was on the other side and I had any other type of healer it ended up a loss. If it was Op versus Op, it inevitably ended up going the entire length of the match. Their longevity was second to none.

Malakriss

The Black Friday sales were disappointing except for 50% off most Collections unlocks (until Monday). Although the rich and desperate were happy about the Gamestop deal too.

Arterial

N00b
Well, the obvious was handed down in the dev reports this week: Operative/Scoundral healing is getting nerfed. It needed to be. The obviousness of their power was clearly evident in PvP and Arenas. If someone even had half a brain on how to play them, they outstripped every other healer. More than one on a team was a recipe for a long battle. Every single Arena I did as a tank with an Op healer on my side we ended up winning. If the Op healer was on the other side and I had any other type of healer it ended up a loss. If it was Op versus Op, it inevitably ended up going the entire length of the match. Their longevity was second to none.
If you look at raw data they are behind sages for raw HPS for raids, it was their survivability in PvP that was the issue not their output. I expect the nerf to be adjusted once they start to get some data from live. Little worried about this expansion, they had a very small amount of people actually on PTS only a handful of guilds that were invited to PTS actually tested any of the stuff and it was mostly the guilds just trying to get the new content on farm (because they had nothing else to do as most of those guys were done with the current content 2 months ago) so they can have server/world firsts

sukik

So any way to catch up quickly on what I've missed? Haven't played since launch.
Story-wise? Just Rise of the Hutt Cartel with the Makeb story which was kinda weak and the Forged Alliances storyline which was not bad. There are probably some YouTube channels that have cut scenes out there.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
I haven't played since beta but the new Star Wars trailer has me in the mood to try this. Can anyone give me a breakdown on the tank classes? I might also drag some friends into trying this with me.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I haven't played since beta but the new Star Wars trailer has me in the mood to try this. Can anyone give me a breakdown on the tank classes? I might also drag some friends into trying this with me.
Juggernaut/Guardian, Powertech/Vanguard, and Assassin/Shadow are the archetypes that get tanking trees. All of them play slightly different but in the end it's basically the same. You tank, they spank.

sukik

I logged in and ran around for a little while last night since the wow servers were being assholes for a little while. Looks like the prelude is Forged alliance quest line. I've done all the tactical instances but I never picked up the quest. But you can do them solo now which should save some time.

I looked through my Ops heals and I didn't really notice any thing missing ability-wise, but I haven't played him in months so I'm probably forgetting. The new skill system looks ok but they still haven't made an easy way to switch between specs which is kinda annoying.

Malakriss

I found picking up the forged alliance missions for solo mode then grouping with another person and running 2 companions + 2 helper droids as the fastest way to blitz. Don't know if that's intended.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I found picking up the forged alliance missions for solo mode then grouping with another person and running 2 companions + 2 helper droids as the fastest way to blitz. Don't know if that's intended.
I don't think it matters. The expansion story is tied to those so I think they're more interested in people getting caught up than how they run through the neutered versions.

Logged in last night as well. I didn't preorder so I get to twiddle my thumbs for a week and play with the changes. The new system makes sense, at least on the surface. All of the passive abilities they give you were things I took anyway in the various specs I ran through week-to-week.