SWTOR

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I don't even know what I want in an MMO these days. Maybe a good MMO to me would be one that had even better storylines than SWTOR, difficulty like EQ1, AA like system once I hit level cap(something between EQ1's and Rifts so AA isnt too overpowered), and maybe toss in good RvR.

Balance character progression between all activities and I'd be happy. I actually used to be fine in Rift, even though the AA was just like 0.005% improvements, but at least I could gear progress via PvP. When they broke that this expansion, I've been MMO hunting since.

Is this still F2P* ? Can I still run through storylines fine as a freebie user?

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
It's F2P, but it's really restrictive. Limited hotbars, limited # of dungeons/pvp warzones you can do a week, etc.

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't even know what I want in an MMO these days. Maybe a good MMO to me would be one that had even better storylines than SWTOR, difficulty like EQ1, AA like system once I hit level cap(something between EQ1's and Rifts so AA isnt too overpowered), and maybe toss in good RvR.

Balance character progression between all activities and I'd be happy. I actually used to be fine in Rift, even though the AA was just like 0.005% improvements, but at least I could gear progress via PvP. When they broke that this expansion, I've been MMO hunting since.

It'snot F2P, never really has been. This coming from someone who tried to stick it to the man by unlocking everything with cartel so I'd avoid the sub, and it still would've been prohibitively expensive.

You pretty much have to subscribe. Everything is gated, from being able to equip or slot purples, get a third crafting profession, to money/exp crutching.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The crew skill authorization is actually back on the CM now, although I still haven't seen one being sold for less than a million credits on the GTN. The issue is always going to be the things you can't ever unlock which is the reduced xp and reputation rewards, single slot mail and trading, and general annoyance of only having 350k credit purchasing power.

At best F2P lets you attempt to level alts without paying, but you're basically a cripple.

Tide27_sl

shitlord

You can level a ton to level cap easily in less than a month. If $15 is too much for anyone to handle for a month of entertainment then I suggest finding a new job should be your hobby and not gaming

moontayle

Golden Squire
Finished the expansion story last night on my Assassin. Enjoyed the hell out of it. Definitely worth the price of admission. And even though it's mostly the same across the board, the inclusion of a class story made the idea of going through it all again something I want to get to sooner rather than later.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Finished the expansion story last night on my Assassin. Enjoyed the hell out of it. Definitely worth the price of admission. And even though it's mostly the same across the board, the inclusion of a class story made the idea of going through it all again something I want to get to sooner rather than later.
That's what I like to hear. Going to try and play this over the holiday.

Arterial

N00b
Cut scenes were great in this xpack, not liking the changes to healing the were a bit heavy handed on the operative nerf bat

sukik

How bad were the changes? I logged in and tried to get everything setup the day the changes were made but I haven't been back yet. Everything seemed to be the same. Op's were never the best PvE healers and I don't really care about PvP at max level.

Arterial

N00b
Oh they are prolly fine for PvE, lethality still needs work, corrosive grenade need's a buff, I was seeing it tick for 530 on non tank classes last night in warzones, way too low

moontayle

Golden Squire
There's probably a fair amount of balancing that needs to be done still, but I think a lot of people are still getting a handle on how the changes affect their class of choice. I know I'm still somewhat in that boat when it comes to playing a Hatred Assassin.

Oh, I'm a little sad that they removed the reusable stims from the new tier of craftable items. That said, having an 8 hour timer is probably a good tradeoff and now I have something new to sell people.

Profundis

It's also good that Artifice can now craft relics that are worth a shit, instead of having to reverse engineer raid drops in the hope of getting a recipe that requires millions in materials.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I can understand the 8 hour thing for stims, but it kind of sucks for medpacks, adrenals, grenades, etc

Profundis

Yeah, my account is like, 1 Armormech/Armstech/Cybertech/Synthweaving/Artifice and then like, 10 Biochem.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
They overdid the scoundrel nerfs. They were supposedly too strong at PvP healing so they removed freighter flyby and double backstab? I don't get it.

sukik

The op DPS spec nerfs sound lame. I may just finish my jugg(mid 30's now) or roll an assassin's since I haven't done inquisitor yet. How is the sorcerer vs the sage? I already leveled a Sage to 55 so if it's the same thing I'll just go assassin. And, is the assassin pretty fun? I've stayed away from the assassin/shadow since Dulfy rates them as the worst(comparatively) melee DPS and tank classes. Not that I'll have time to do this anytime soon, but it's fun to have a plan.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I've always loved my Assassin but they've been a relative rollercoaster on the overall power scale over the years. I can't speak to how they play currently since I'm still pretty much in blue 172s and not quite 60 but from a Hatred standpoint I don't think much has changed. Which is to say they were pretty powerful leading up to the expansion.