SWTOR

Arterial

N00b
Hatred is still the #1 dps spec for pvp, powertechs AP tree have some insane burst now, the grenade/railshot/RP/railshot burst is insane

Jais

Trakanon Raider
So I'm like level 30 now and finished Ch 1 of my story jazz (sith jugg). Been running some flashpoints with some friends I talked into playing. Few questions: starfighter stuff worth doing? Adaptive armor, can just keep the same gear and just keep upgrading it as I level right?

Also just discovered my house thing is awesome to use for traveling.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Starfighter is hit or miss and there's a fairly steep learning curve. Starting now also puts you really behind the curve so I would avoid it until they do something to increase how fast you can upgrade your ships.

Adaptive gear allows you to keep the shell and just replace the armoring, mods, and enhancements to keep up with your levels. There's a vendor on every planet and an equivalent on the fleet that sells the modifications for basic comms.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Adaptive gear allows you to keep the shell and just replace the armoring, mods, and enhancements to keep up with your levels. There's a vendor on every planet and an equivalent on the fleet that sells the modifications for basic comms.
I assume different shells are better than others or are they all just purely cosmetic?

moontayle

Golden Squire
Purely cosmetic. Anything that has removable modifications you can basically keep ad infinitum if you wanted, their strength lies solely in what you slot into them.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Really enjoyed the Agent class story part of the expansion. I wonder how it looks different depending on all of your choices playing through the original class stuff. Rumor said there was an extra scene after final fight of the overall expansion story for Agent if they made a certain choice way back on Quesh as well. For my own part, the whole dialogue between you and former Minister was great. I always enjoyed the interplay between your character and him, especially with how much resentment or understanding you could show in regards to his choices in how you were conditioned. Only wish is they'd do a real extension of the Agent story.

Malakriss

They skipped over Starfighter packs to give extra Christmas Day time to Nightlife packs at an actual discount. Yeah, they know what makes them money.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty happy they brought Rakata themed gear back via the nightlife packs. Was afraid I'd never see my Sith Warrior gear again.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I came back to check this shit out pve might be alright but the PVP has some of the most lazy ass design features I have ever seen in a game

moontayle

Golden Squire
The pvp is pretty good once you know the game
Agreed but getting tired of the maps. 3 years, 3 new maps. Arenas don't count, especially for regs because for them the game does nothing to try and balance groups (3 tanks 1 dps versus 3 healers, 1 dps.... sure why not).

That's a pretty piss poor showing when it comes to PvP.

Malakriss

Origin users reporting unauthorized purchases appearing on their accounts - PC Gamer

tl;dr If youEVERhad a SWTOR account you already have an Origin account with your credit card / other payment information saved. This means everyone, including people who only played 2-3 years ago. You will want to go to the origin site to a) change your password, b) enable secondary verification to your email, c) delete your payment information, d) change your profile privacy to viewable by no one, and e) uncheck use your real name while you're at it

edit: don't worry if you lost your SWTOR security token, Origin will let you login and change everything without it.

Arterial

N00b
I won't disagree they need some new pvp maps , but the game is on a heavy decline the expansion if you can even call it that sucked. I did hear the new ops are good but they need to add some new pvp maps

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I was one of the ones that this happened to. An email came at midnight last night thanking me for my purchase of FIFA 15.
I have requested a refund, changed my password, and enabled the login verification. The only thing I cannot do I remove my payment method as it keeps giving me an error when I try.

All this due to me resubbing to SWTOR on the 12/29. Before that they have not had an up to date payment method from me.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I won't disagree they need some new pvp maps , but the game is on a heavy decline the expansion if you can even call it that sucked. I did hear the new ops are good but they need to add some new pvp maps
The new Huttball map was so bad it eventually became a major factor in me not giving this game 50 bucks every once in a while in expansion/cartel.

Starting to get the itch again though...

moontayle

Golden Squire
I hate arenas but they tend to go fast so it's kind of a wash for me. I don't mind Queshball, mostly because so many people are bad at it that it's kind of comical most of the time. But the one map I cannot stand and wish would go away permanently is Ancient Hypergate. You can do a lot of things right in that map, double-cap, keep them from capping for a round, and still lose if your team isn't capable of getting kills or sneaking away with orbs. The other day I almost lost one where we double-capped in rounds 1 and 4, and if we hadn't ended it early by scoring orbs in round 5 then we would have lost at the end.

Civil War is starting to creep up there too. Nearly half the ones I play these days start with a really long stalemate at mid.

Arterial

N00b
I actually hate CW the most, they need to make that map go faster, I would say my fav maps are VS/NC/HB (not that new piece of shit). I only dislike AH because you usually have to sacrifice a good player to node guard because most pugs are incapable of guarding a node. I kinda wish they would do weeks were they put maps into heavy rotation, they have the ability

Mick

<Gold Donor>
The ability lag is really starting to get to me. I hope that they can fix this real soon.

Malakriss

So now that they're fixing everything wrong with the expansion, nerfing everything they overlooked, and collapsed any 192 economy through afk vacations... new stuff has run it's course and it's boring again.