Syncing Files between home and office.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
You could also check out Team Viewer, which gives you remote access to your computers from anywhere. So you could access files on your work computer from any other computer anywhere. I find it quite useful.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You could also check out Team Viewer, which gives you remote access to your computers from anywhere. So you could access files on your work computer from any other computer anywhere. I find it quite useful.
I run a Guacamole server for that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

I don't think any rerolled bros would even recommend TV anymore considering their last snafu.

Chrome Remote Desktop

works well enough

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm with Wombat. Onedrive is great, integrates with Office, Outlook and the web version of Outlook/O365 very well.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
To reiterate: Dropbox or Google drive. if you prefer to keep your stuff off other people's storage and you're comfortable running your own server, use OwnCloud.

OneDrive is a steaming shitpile. I had nothing but synchronization errors and lost work when I tried to use it.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I haven't used Google Drive lately so I don't know if it has gotten any better, but I really don't see how Dropbox could be any easier to use without some sort of neural interface. I've been using it for coming up on a decade I think (probably a couple years short still). The only thing that could improve it is letting you use network drives or select multiple directories to be synced instead of just the Dropbox one (without using symlinks). There is a program that overlays Dropbox that does all that, called Boxifier, but I'm not paying the yearly fee they want. One day Dropbox will probably cave and include it themselves and it will be absolutely perfect.