Tablets

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Apple has their shit locked down and you can't install any real apps on them, so they can fuck off. I want to watch IPTV on it, and Apple doesn't offer a solution.

Their tablet experience is amazing because there is absolutely nothing interesting you can do on them. You get to do all the basic bitch stuff that everyone else does and if you want to be a power user you get to fuck off.

Android may not be the most amazing thing for the average user, but it is miles ahead of iOS for anything that power users care about.
Definitely get your point, but I would substitute “nerd/enthusiast/tinker” vs power user. They definitely have their stuff locked down, but the hardware is beefy enough to do some legit work.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Definitely get your point, but I would substitute “nerd/enthusiast/tinker” vs power user. They definitely have their stuff locked down, but the hardware is beefy enough to do some legit work.
I get you, but I've never heard of power user referring to someone who just does a lot of mundane things, like lots of processor intensive Adobe editing or video encoding. Power users are people who take the gear and then push it to the limit or beyond what it was originally intended to do in non-obvious ways.

I definitely recommend Apple to people who need something that works all the time and is easy to get and keep going, especially if price is not a main concern.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I get you, but I've never heard of power user referring to someone who just does a lot of mundane things, like lots of processor intensive Adobe editing or video encoding. Power users are people who take the gear and then push it to the limit or beyond what it was originally intended to do in non-obvious ways.

I definitely recommend Apple to people who need something that works all the time and is easy to get and keep going, especially if price is not a main concern.
Nah dude power users are just people who read the manual and actually know how to use applications