Tablets

Otto

Part of that cable is in the port. It looks like it broke off. Looks like a knockoff too. There is only one lightning cable. Check the port carefully. This might be the reason no other cables work.
Woah, I feel like a dork now. Cable was like that when I received the iPad so I assumed it was one of Apple's proprietary cables. Thank you for the help.

*edit* Got it!

20230619_222519.jpg

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Anyone have experience with the smaller android tablets like the Lenovo M9 or with the cheaper Ipad alternatives like the Xiaomi Pad or Lenovo P11 Pro?

I want a light duty android tablet, preferably small like 9 inch, that can play video and read comic books. I see some good ones, but I want at least 6 or 8 GB of RAM to make sure it is future proof and I also want Widevine L1 to make sure I can watch Netflix or whatever on the go.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Anyone have experience with the smaller android tablets like the Lenovo M9 or with the cheaper Ipad alternatives like the Xiaomi Pad or Lenovo P11 Pro?

I want a light duty android tablet, preferably small like 9 inch, that can play video and read comic books. I see some good ones, but I want at least 6 or 8 GB of RAM to make sure it is future proof and I also want Widevine L1 to make sure I can watch Netflix or whatever on the go.
i got a firehd max 11 after i returned the firehd 10 plus, it's made out of metal like so it feels way better than a regular firehd, it's probably some rebrand xiaomi pad (since it shows up as xiaomi on my network id)

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

I have a Galaxy TAb S6 Lite that I has served similar tasks nicely.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

i got a firehd max 11 after i returned the firehd 10 plus, it's made out of metal like so it feels way better than a regular firehd, it's probably some rebrand xiaomi pad (since it shows up as xiaomi on my network id)
Does the small amount of RAM hold you back or does it feel pretty snappy? In general I don't like Amazon's tablets due to the lacking hardware specs.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Does the small amount of RAM hold you back or does it feel pretty snappy? In general I don't like Amazon's tablets due to the lacking hardware specs.
i forget if it's 2017 or 2019, the firehd's before the particular year (thats how the gen's are released) sucked, it does feel slow and you can feel it, 2019+ do not feel slower, 2021 felt great, this fire hd max doesn't feel sluggish at all, i'm lazy w/ the tablet have have many tabs open, after 50 the 2021 you can feel it, this fire hd max, not so much

i completely get where you feel the lack of ram is important in droid, all my phones before i got 8gb ram, felt like garbage.

but i don't feel that way at all with this fire hd max, i got it when it was on amazon sale for 150 w/ a 20% trade in for 120, and i feel it's super cheap for that, the best i can say about it, is it performs like my wifes ipad w/ no issues, ha.

it's on sale again for 150 and they just released a 2023 firehd 10 for 140

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
If you want to really go for it with small performance tablet check out the Lenono Y700 tablet. It's not sold in American market, but it's a beast. Basically 1 gen old flagship phone specs in an 8" tablet.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

If you want to really go for it with small performance tablet check out the Lenono Y700 tablet. It's not sold in American market, but it's a beast. Basically 1 gen old flagship phone specs in an 8" tablet.
I saw that, I just can't find a way to get one for a non-stupid price.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Does anyone have any recommendation for devices, software and peripherals for the best general walk-around (not keyboard) note taking and organization setup?

I am really struggling to find a good modern equivalent to a palm pilot that is writing centric and very fast to sort and organize content. Rocket book and similar take too much post note organization and cleanup. Most regular tablets are too app-centric and require switching around a lot.

So ideally for example, let's say having a stylus and circling a note and dragging it to a calendar creates an appointment, dragging it to a to-do puts it in a list, or things like that.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Amazon has some good Black Friday deals right now on Galaxy Tabs and the like. I was thinking of grabbing a new mini laptop for travelling, but I might settle for a Tab S8 and keyboard.

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Amazon has some good Black Friday deals right now on Galaxy Tabs and the like. I was thinking of grabbing a new mini laptop for travelling, but I might settle for a Tab S8 and keyboard.
I have an S6 Lite and little keyboard case, pros great for occasional laptop type activities or watching video while doing the dishes or somethjng

• 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I have an S6 Lite and little keyboard case, pros great for occasional laptop type activities or watching video while doing the dishes or somethjng

Any negatives?

As long as I can connect it to a monitor with a usb-c/hdmi and be able to type, shouldn't be too bad.

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Any negatives?

As long as I can connect it to a monitor with a usb-c/hdmi and be able to type, shouldn't be too bad.
Depends on how much work you need to do on it. If it’s more than a few emails and some entertainment I’d just go with a 13” laptop if some kind. Depends on your budget as well.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

I got this Android tablet a few months ago to read college textbooks, pdfs, etc. Its also great for web browsing. Very fast, very long battery, havent had any issues

Its $129

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
P.S. I had a couple Amazon Fire HDs over the past few years. Theyre great for the first 6-12 months. Quick and cheap.

Afterwards rhey were all bloated, sluggish pieces of shit that would take half a minute to open a browser or load a PDF. Didnt matter if you were resetting the tablet back to factory condition, it would still run like garbage

• 1Like

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
P.S. I had a couple Amazon Fire HDs over the past few years. Theyre great for the first 6-12 months. Quick and cheap.

Afterwards rhey were all bloated, sluggish pieces of shit that would take half a minute to open a browser or load a PDF. Didnt matter if you were resetting the tablet back to factory condition, it would still run like garbage
We had a couple of the kid models and they were a pain. Slow and annoying UI.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
With the 9th gen iPad at $250 I really don't understand not buying one if you really just want a tablet. The Android tablet experience is still mediocre and there's few accessories for most of them.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
With the 9th gen iPad at $250 I really don't understand not buying one if you really just want a tablet. The Android tablet experience is still mediocre and there's few accessories for most of them.

I don't like Apple on principle

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I don't like Apple on principle
That's fine, I agree in general and the only Apple products I've ever bought are iPods and iPads for that reason. Their tablet experience is miles ahead of Android and it's hard to argue against the price. The Apple Pencil is truly crazy good, even the first gen which I have.

LiquidDeath

That's fine, I agree in general and the only Apple products I've ever bought are iPods and iPads for that reason. Their tablet experience is miles ahead of Android and it's hard to argue against the price. The Apple Pencil is truly crazy good, even the first gen which I have.
Apple has their shit locked down and you can't install any real apps on them, so they can fuck off. I want to watch IPTV on it, and Apple doesn't offer a solution.

Their tablet experience is amazing because there is absolutely nothing interesting you can do on them. You get to do all the basic bitch stuff that everyone else does and if you want to be a power user you get to fuck off.

Android may not be the most amazing thing for the average user, but it is miles ahead of iOS for anything that power users care about.

• 1Solidarity