Tablets

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Thanks for the replies. Yea, she doesn't want to spend a bunch of money but I think I'm going to have to spend more to get what she wants.

As long as Apple does everything you want, I cannot argue against the iPad at that price point.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
So after some research I settled on getting a Samsung Tab S6 Lite from Costco for $279. It fits the price range right now and comes with a pen. For what my wife wants it should work. If it doesn't, well we have a new tablet and I'll look into getting a Surface Pro 7 or wait for the newer version to come out. We are not apple ios fans so the iPad was out.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So after some research I settled on getting a Samsung Tab S6 Lite from Costco for $279. It fits the price range right now and comes with a pen. For what my wife wants it should work. If it doesn't, well we have a new tablet and I'll look into getting a Surface Pro 7 or wait for the newer version to come out. We are not apple ios fans so the iPad was out.
did you ever look at the s6 vs s6lite? (or s7)

the non lites have the super amoled, see if you can visit a bestbuy to see, i believe a s6 is 350

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
hey Gator Gator , you should buy now Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite 10.4", 64GB WiFi Tablet Angora Blue - SM-P610NZBAXAR - S Pen Included
blue one is now 220$ after 30$ coupon

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
After having a Fire7, FireHD8, FireHD10, and two Fire7Kids tablets for the kids (all still in service), I went and got a used iPad Air 2 (64GB) for €150.
(We need a second 10" tablet for the next holiday trip)

The charge lasts for what seems like eternity compared to our 3 year old Fire10, it has a minor crack outside the display area near the top right (2cm), other than that it's as good as new.

Came with an original leather case too but that one was... yuck. I'd rather not.
So I did what was needed and got a crystal clear case and a SmartCover.

Nice how this thing still holds up after 8 years. Yeah I could have gotten a new FireHD10 for that price but then it's still a Fire10.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
After having a Fire7, FireHD8, FireHD10, and two Fire7Kids tablets for the kids (all still in service), I went and got a used iPad Air 2 (64GB) for €150.
(We need a second 10" tablet for the next holiday trip)

The charge lasts for what seems like eternity compared to our 3 year old Fire10, it has a minor crack outside the display area near the top right (2cm), other than that it's as good as new.

Came with an original leather case too but that one was... yuck. I'd rather not.
So I did what was needed and got a crystal clear case and a SmartCover.

Nice how this thing still holds up after 8 years. Yeah I could have gotten a new FireHD10 for that price but then it's still a Fire10.
Fire 10 is where they started to feel "less sucky" than an. Ipad imo

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I have never used or even looked at the Amazon fire tablets. I was looking at the 10HD Tablet with the productivity package that includes a year of MS 365 and a keyboard to allow you to use the tablet as a semi laptop. Thought it might be handy for one or get one for both of my parents. It's currently $219 which doesn't seem all that bad to me, but as said I know nothing about them. Several reviews mentioned you could "sideload" the goodle playstore for android. That difficult? Hell I might could use one since I use a computer most of the time but would be nice to keep a tablet/keyboard deal at my guitar playing area. They are not an apple family.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I have never used or even looked at the Amazon fire tablets. I was looking at the 10HD Tablet with the productivity package that includes a year of MS 365 and a keyboard to allow you to use the tablet as a semi laptop. Thought it might be handy for one or get one for both of my parents. It's currently $219 which doesn't seem all that bad to me, but as said I know nothing about them. Several reviews mentioned you could "sideload" the goodle playstore for android. That difficult? Hell I might could use one since I use a computer most of the time but would be nice to keep a tablet/keyboard deal at my guitar playing area. They are not an apple family.
i don't know about googleplaystore

all i do is see if the amazon store has an app i want, if it doesn't then i just google the the app name + .apk (the extension) and just install the app from the browser. the browser will give warning!!! installing applications may be harmful (yada yada) do you want to continue? click yes, and there.

*edit

i just googled googleplay store for firehd and thats also how you install it as well, i guess what i've been doing is sideloading specific apps.

thats what i have the 2 tablets for, one is in the shower and another is the kitchen/recipe computer.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I have a buttload of fire tablets, from the first 7" they gave us in Germany up through the 10" HD from a few years ago. All of them could get Google Playstore by putting 3 files in the thing and launching them in a specific order, often found in the most upvoted review of the respective item. Not hard at all.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I have a buttload of fire tablets, from the first 7" they gave us in Germany up through the 10" HD from a few years ago. All of them could get Google Playstore by putting 3 files in the thing and launching them in a specific order, often found in the most upvoted review of the respective item. Not hard at all.
remember, that 7in tablet will probably give you a 5$ credit and 20% a new firehd

it was an easy process, just click "i want to trade in" and you just print out the label and put it in a box just like any amazon return.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
remember, that 7in tablet will probably give you a 5$ credit and 20% a new firehd

it was an easy process, just click "i want to trade in" and you just print out the label and put it in a box just like any amazon return.
Yeah if I ever get another Fire tablet I'll keep that in mind. Maybe for the kids, me I'm moving to apple for now.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah if I ever get another Fire tablet I'll keep that in mind. Maybe for the kids, me I'm moving to apple for now.
they had an awesome deal recently 2021 firehd10 kids or teens(theres a teen version now) for 130$ that you could have stacked w/ the 20%

i chose the regular firehd10 for 150$ i didn't want to deal w/ all the parental restrictions

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Kids have 7" Fire Kids (you can remove the kids stuff, it's basically just a "launcher") so as long as they're not complaining about the tablets being too small I'm waiting.

The day will come though.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
iPad Air with a M1 chip in it is ... potent. Add the accessory keyboard plus a pen and damn.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Has everyone eliminated a physical "home" button on tablets? I'm looking for something for my elderly mother and all the new swiping nonsense is really difficult for her (and me, quite honestly).

Otto

Can anyone identify the cable on the right? It's for an iPad Pro 10.5 (2017). Having trouble finding a replacement. Thanks!

20230619_044619.jpg

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Can anyone identify the cable on the right? It's for an iPad Pro 10.5 (2017). Having trouble finding a replacement. Thanks!

View attachment 478749
Part of that cable is in the port. It looks like it broke off. Looks like a knockoff too. There is only one lightning cable. Check the port carefully. This might be the reason no other cables work.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users