Tablets

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
No, standard def movies play fine, it isn't a flash issue. The problem is that their website won't even let you attempt to play a HD movie, they just don't offer that functionality at all, whether you are on a phone ,tablet, or desktop PC, it isn't happening. Amazon only allows HD movies to stream through their app, which is not available on Android except for Kindle devices.
This is incorrect as far as PCs go. I watch stuff from Amazon in HD on my laptop while at work. The selection isn't as good as Netflix, but Prime is worth it for all the other stuff you get with it.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I must be doing something wrong then...this is on my desktop PC:

rrr_img_36819.jpg

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
That's wierd. I just tried a few movies for myself and got the same results. It looks to be HD movies in general, since I can watch TV shows in HD with no issues on my laptop. That definitely sucks. Amazon does piss me off with the lack of an app for Android in general, but it's not really a big deal since I haven't gotten myself a tablet yet.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
joeboo

that is Waterfox. waterfox has...issues with amazon player

hd moves work fine in firefox or Ie from the amazon website- i just started grimm season one hd just fine.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I tried it in regular Firefox and got the same results. It seems restricted to movies though, TV shows in HD will play just fine. I'm guessing it's a policy forced by the big movie studios paranoid about people recording the HD streams and distributing them.

Mageling

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So I'm down for a few months due to shoulder surgery, and another one in about 3 months. (I took a pretty gnarly fall while climbing) - Decided to get rid of my old iphone 4S and traded it straight across for an ipad mini. It's a pretty decent size, and I could see myself getting a less powerful (overall) smartphone and just tethering when I wanted to look at shit on the internet.

Has anyone else gone this way? I already carry around a laptop messenger bag, and with the tablet I carry for work, it slides in without any bulk issues at all.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Why not get a pad with LTE? Ask your service provider if you can have extra sim cards for your pad or a data only subscription - That's what I do in Europe anyway - US and Aaaa can't be that different, eh? G'luck with the surgery
smile.png

Rune_sl

shitlord
So I'm down for a few months due to shoulder surgery, and another one in about 3 months. (I took a pretty gnarly fall while climbing) - Decided to get rid of my old iphone 4S and traded it straight across for an ipad mini. It's a pretty decent size, and I could see myself getting a less powerful (overall) smartphone and just tethering when I wanted to look at shit on the internet.

Has anyone else gone this way? I already carry around a laptop messenger bag, and with the tablet I carry for work, it slides in without any bulk issues at all.
You have a smartphone, an ipad mini, and a work tablet?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I just picked up a brand new Surface Pro 64GB with keyboard for $400 from a guy who "doesn't like the App Store".

I don't think he understands what the pro is at all.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
I saw the iPad mini and I guess these new 1080p high pixel density smartphones have me spoiled. The screen looks terrible to me.

It is not sharp and I can see the pixels and it just bothers me. It just seems, cheap comparied to other devices for a lower price point. Maybe I will come around when they release the mini with retina but, honestly, I will probably just get the next Nexus 7.

Cor_sl

shitlord
The new Nexus 7 looks great, but the poor app selection puts me off completely. Hopefully things will be better on that front in a year or two.

I've got my fingers crossed for a retina iPad Mini at the moment - I'll be really disappointed if Apple don't make the upgrade this year.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Google event talking about the new Nexus 7, so far:

http://reviews.cnet.com/google-nexus-7/

Highlights include:
full 1080p support (1920x1200 resolution to be exact)
Android 4.3(which is also rolling out to existing nexus devices today) which has multiple-user profiles now.
wireless charging
front and rear cameras
4G LTE(in the US)