Tablets

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'll take a look at my tablet's storage. I can see my wife's being full, but as I said, I only use mine for reading and browsing. Unless Chrome is being incredibly stupid and I've got year's worth of FSR trannies clogging up my browser cache folder.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
You also might want to try wiping the cache partition, which can be done from recovery even if the device is completely stock.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Gotta get a new tablet, bros. I loved my Nexus 7 before my two year old threw it down the stairs.

Since Nexus 7's are gone, and the new Nexus tabs seem to be a bit more expensive these days, what's the Nexus 7 replacement these days? Samsung Tab 4?

Lusiphur

Peasant
Google don't sell them directly either any more so I am assuming they aren't making any more. When stocks are gone then that's it.
I am still plenty happy with my 2012 Nexus 7 I got second hand.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Lollipop hit my Nexus 7 last night, seems to have really improved it all round. Would like for it to show up on the M8 as well but so far looks like only GPE are ready.

SekaiX_sl

shitlord
question for those who own a nexus 9, does the tablet get extremely hot for anybody else? I notice that this is only in the upper right corner of the screen. Not sure if I should return it, I got an open box deal from best buy for only $420. This was for the 32gb model.

Edit: looks like its a return. Volume button is flat and hard to press. Also the back piece is coming off. Bummer, might just exchange for a brand new 16gb.

koljec_sl

shitlord
question for those who own a nexus 9, does the tablet get extremely hot for anybody else? I notice that this is only in the upper right corner of the screen. Not sure if I should return it, I got an open box deal from best buy for only $420. This was for the 32gb model.

Edit: looks like its a return. Volume button is flat and hard to press. Also the back piece is coming off. Bummer, might just exchange for a brand new 16gb.
Follow this link, and buy alike newone of these from Amazon instead:http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...freeShipping=1

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
5.0.1 LRX22C

Everything has been fine. Chrome still lags and is kinda shit, but no real problems at all. I'm not a heavy tablet user though, mostly twitch, a game or two, and web browsing.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What's the best e-book reader app? Should I just use Kindle or Nook even if I have no intention of actually buying the books rather than pirating them?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
What's the board's opinion on Surface 3?

Wife needs a new lappy, but I was thinking of getting this instead. Looks slick.

How is the surface for actual lap-typing (with the Surface keyboard)?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
What's the best e-book reader app? Should I just use Kindle or Nook even if I have no intention of actually buying the books rather than pirating them?
Doesn't Google Books let you import your stolen goods?