Tablets

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got my mother-in-law a Nextbook and we returned that pos. Right off the bat, you have to create all these accounts and even then it locks you out. Finally get to try windows 8 on a tablet and it is still shit, utter shit. And you cannot use the built in installed apps without approval? What's the point in setting up an account if you cannot use the stuff. Terribly unfriendly. It should have been an awe inspiring experience booting that thing up for the first time.
You may scoff at the above due to me not being savvy or whatever, but the dimensions were off. It was bigger than a phone but smaller than an ipad. It was too big to be held one handed and it was heavy, perhaps heavier than the much larger ipad. Yet it was too small to see some print/press buttons - especially for an elder. It had 4 hours of battery life, 2 hours if you run 2 apps (as said in the booklet).
piece of shit..

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
The perfect iPad Air clone has arrived: this tablet dual-boots Android and Windows 8.1, has 3G connectivity, aluminum unibody, and $200 price

This thing is tempting as hell, even if it's not perfect, for ~$240 bucks with a Windows 8.1 license...sheesh.

Throw a T-Mobile sim with their free tablet data and go to town.
I've got the non-3G Version of the Teclast equivalent, though only 32GB storage not 64gb. It's fricken sweet. Mine is only Android right now, but it will be Windows 8.1 soon enough.

Just got this for Christmas!
Teclast X98 Air II Intel Bay Z3736F Quad Core Android 4.4 OS Tablet PC

Wicked sweet. It's chinese with Android natively. BUT you can load Windows 8 on it. It has the same screen as an iPad 9.7" screen 2048x1536.

Gorillaz_sl

shitlord
I've got the non-3G Version of the Teclast equivalent, though only 32GB storage not 64gb. It's fricken sweet. Mine is only Android right now, but it will be Windows 8.1 soon enough.
I'm very tempted to go this direction...I realize that these China Tablets probably don't have a ton of longevity, but at that price point, I can buy one every 2-3 years and I'm not too concerned.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There's tablets not made in China?

Seriously, though, I'm kinda annoyed my tablets don't last longer than 2-3 years. It may be cheap, but it's just a web browser, I ain't asking much of it.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
It's by no means bad quality. It has the same Retina display as an iPad with an Aluminum back. It's very well built. I'll do a more full write-up on it as an Android tablet this week.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
Does that thing come with an Apple OS? I need an iPad, but I want it cheap.

edit:Never mind. More research told me it won't run IOS.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Anyone got a personal review of the Nexus 9 yet? I am interested in it.
Have a friend that got one for Christmas, but I haven't been to his house yet to check it out myself. In sending a few emails back and forth asking about it, he said it is AMAZING for reading anything (books, web sites, comics) but he's not sure if he likes it for video, as almost everything is letterboxed (since the screen is a 4:3 ratio). He said it feels more like watching movies on a 7" tablet or something, since you lose so much screen real estate to the letterboxing to get to a 16:9 ratio or whatever.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still have yet to get a vaguely convincing answer why 4:3 is the way we're going on these things when monitors, screens, and video have been 16:9 for years.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
It's easier to browse & shit on them. I'd like a 4:3 tablet but I don't plan to watch movies on it.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Guess I'm just too used to using it in portrait, that makes a lot sense for browsing. But, again, the whole every movie/show/game formatted for 16:9 thing.