Tablets

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I've noticed some extreme slow downs with my Nexus 10 actually, to the point of being unresponsive. However I did a bit of Googling and found that there's some bugs with Google Currents fucking shit up in the background. I disabled it and haven't noticed any problems since. Never used Currents and don't even really know what it is, so no loss for me.

I'm an extremely light user of it though, only thing I use it for is checking emails when out of town and watching movies/tv shows when on a plane. Thought I'd use it a lot more than I have.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What's the current best tablet for reading comics? Is the Nexus 10 still it as far as Android tablets go?

MrBelding_sl

shitlord
I'm looking for a "business tablet". Most important thing for me is the ability to hand write notes/markups using a stylus on PDF files and saving the result as a new PDF. Needs to run MS Office too, so looks like it has to be a Win 8 tablet for me.

From what I'm reading, seems like the MS Surface Pro can do it, but am curious if anyone has actual experience using it.

I was considering the Lenovo Yoga for a while but it looks like it doesn't take stylus input very well because it only supports capacitive styluses.

Another option may be the Lenovo Thinkpad Helix but not even sure if that's out yet. Any recommendations/feedback on the above appreciated.

Wolfen_sl

shitlord
I'm looking for a "business tablet". Most important thing for me is the ability to hand write notes/markups using a stylus on PDF files and saving the result as a new PDF. Needs to run MS Office too, so looks like it has to be a Win 8 tablet for me.

From what I'm reading, seems like the MS Surface Pro can do it, but am curious if anyone has actual experience using it.

I was considering the Lenovo Yoga for a while but it looks like it doesn't take stylus input very well because it only supports capacitive styluses.

Another option may be the Lenovo Thinkpad Helix but not even sure if that's out yet. Any recommendations/feedback on the above appreciated.
HP just came out with their business oriented Win8 tablets.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What's the current best tablet for reading comics? Is the Nexus 10 still it as far as Android tablets go?
Any high end 10" tablet with a good display will be great here. If that's going to be your main use you don't need a lot of horsepower either I guess, maybe look for a used Nexus 10, or pick up a 1st gen one cheap when the new ones hit.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, I've noticed some extreme slow downs with my Nexus 10 actually, to the point of being unresponsive. However I did a bit of Googling and found that there's some bugs with Google Currents fucking shit up in the background. I disabled it and haven't noticed any problems since. Never used Currents and don't even really know what it is, so no loss for me.

I'm an extremely light user of it though, only thing I use it for is checking emails when out of town and watching movies/tv shows when on a plane. Thought I'd use it a lot more than I have.
Nice. Will try this later.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
YEah I turned that shit off on my nexus 7 as well. What it does is constantly searches for updates or some shit. I deleted the entire app.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Just ordered me a nexus 10. Now I gotta wait 2 days for it to come in. 399 on the Google site.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
YEah I turned that shit off on my nexus 7 as well. What it does is constantly searches for updates or some shit. I deleted the entire app.
I haven't had my Nexus 10 lock up since I deleted Currets off the tablet. So I'd recommend doing it.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
I haven't had any issues with Currents, or lockups/freezes in general on my Nexus 10.

Still pretty noobish, I discovered floating apps, and can only ask why all apps do not have a floating option. It's the shit. Downloaded a floating video player and hovernote for note-taking, and feel like my tablet's usefulness increased exponentially. I like Chrome so not sure which floating browsers are decent.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
so I picked up a sero 7 pro, mainly because I wasn't sure that I would use a tablet all that much. For $150 the build quality is very nice, the rubber back is comfortable to hold, and overall I'm impressed with the speed and responsiveness of the thing. Assuming it doesn't shit the bed I'm pretty happy with the purchase.

Arica_sl

shitlord
Purchased a nexus 10, absolutely love it so far.

Does anyone use apps like avast, juice defender, battery booster, advanced mobile care, all in one toolbox, memory booster, etc?

What is the go to app for this?

Thanks

Troll_sl

shitlord
So I'm looking for either a tablet or a laptop convertible to use for school. I want to be able to hand-write notes (as I'll be taking calculus) AND type, so it'll need at least a keyboard peripheral. I'm also looking for a system that can run some good math apps/programs.

Any suggestions?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I only use my Nexus 10. I feel the 7's screen is just a tad too small. Although I think a 9" screen would be about perfect.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I demand a 8.89" screen!
Too fuckin' big. That shit is like holding a heavy ass flatscreen in your hand, uncomfortable and really just unfeasible. Too close to the 9/10" tablets, totally pointless.

Can't wait for the 8.64" screen though, those shits are gonna be boss.

Ranak

Molten Core Raider
Can you install Flash on a Nexus 10? Seems like quite a few around here have them.