Tales of...

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Game is lookin legit - after the anime inclusion by ufotable i cant wait to play this.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm hoping for the best, but honestly Abyss is the only game in the series that I'd consider uniformly excellent (haven't played Vesperia or Hearts R, which to be fair are reputed to be among the best).

Zestiria was easily the worst of the ones I've pkayed, but it probably had the best music imo.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of, i never knew Phantasia was available for GBA and Abyss was 3DS, are those versions any good? May emulate some of the PS1 ones also.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well GBA probably not, 3DS maybe but I don't think emulators are very good yet for the 3DS. You'd probably better off emulating the PS1 and PS2 versions I think.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Speaking of, i never knew Phantasia was available for GBA and Abyss was 3DS, are those versions any good? May emulate some of the PS1 ones also.
I've heard good things about the 3ds version of Abyss, and can't really think of a reason that it wouldn't be. Except for people that hate handhelds

Edit: good things as in the port is successful on a technical level. I don't think they added or enhanced anything.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Kind of surprised we haven't heard anything about a Vesperia stream release; Bamco seemed pretty keen on bringing the series to PC.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Since it hasn't happened by now I would assume that the terms of their agreement with MS prevent them from releasing Vesperia on any platform besides the 360. Although with the way things are going with MS and Play Anywhere you'd think that they would at least be amenable to a Windows Store release. If it ever does happen I really hope they put the effort into the port required to give it all the features of the Japanese PS3 version. Probably won't happen though, since they'd have to do voice work in addition to adding in all the extra content.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I've read that this is a much better game than Zestiria if anyone was turned off by that btw, plan on picking this up on Tuesday myself.

eXarc

Molten Core Raider
Last I really played was Xillia 1&2 and couldn't get more than a few hours into Zestiria. Berseria looks decent though, this game is a lot of fun with some friends doing local co-op. The combat is fantastic.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Hope everyone's feedback is good. I cancelled my PS4 version and am picking up Yakuza instead. Zestiria made me tepid about this so wanted to wait and best from board folks.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The demo seemed just as bad as Zestiria to me. Didn't like the combat at all, and the voice acting/dialogue was pretty poor too. Not even going to bother getting it from Gamefly at this point, barring some extremely glowing reviews.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I enjoyed the demo quite a bit - its hard to gauge it with Zestria when its just a small slice of a small section of the game. I enjoyed the combat better in this but its still not Vesperia good imo - I plan to play it anyways so in the end it doesnt even matter.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I just preordered, 10% off if you own previous tales games plus the early reviews, plus support of these games coming to PC made it a no brainer. 16 hours until unlock!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Almost two hours played, awesome intro. Love these types of plots in movies and games, can't get enough revenge plots in my life.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I'm hoping for the best, but honestly Abyss is the only game in the series that I'd consider uniformly excellent (haven't played Vesperia or Hearts R, which to be fair are reputed to be among the best).

Zestiria was easily the worst of the ones I've pkayed, but it probably had the best music imo.

Abyss's MC was so much of an annoying cunt I never got that far into the game personally.