Tanoomba's Toxic Tank of Traducement

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
From the GG thread:
Teacher accused of 'misgendering' child was told by police that she committed a hate crime

Let's be clear, here: This isn't a case of "Teacher accidentally referred to female-looking student as a girl, is being charged with hate crime."
The teacher, who claimed they were a “grammatical purist”, refused to acknowledge that the pupil self-identified as a boy
the teacher had laughed in the child’s face and said “if you don’t want to be called a girl then don’t look like one”.
the teacher and school’s management ignored three months of pleas from the transgender child and their parents
“If someone makes a mistake, that’s fine. But this was not a mistake. It was deliberate and consistent. The actual comment from teacher was that they are a ‘grammatical purist’.”

So the teacher intentionally and deliberately, over several months, refused to accommodate a simple and reasonable request and instead antagonized and alienated a student who had done nothing wrong. Should that be considered a hate crime? No, I don't think so, but the only consequence the teacher faced was "additional training for the staff". Teacher got off easy. I'd be furious if I was the parent.

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Caliane said:
just to be clear, in case "polytaku" didnt clue you in. its a satire twitter feed.

Funniest bit in the satire article:

MRating.jpg

• 1Worf

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Lanx said:
what kind of fucked up 4year old boy wants to wear girl clothes?
The kind that suffers from gender dysphoria which, again, we have studies suggesting there is a biological basis for.

Adebisi said:
Just last night my five year old son asked if he could put on his mom's makeup. I laughed and told him he's better ask his mom first because that stuff is expensive. He a cute, funny, and curious little guy.

What I didn't do was start calling around to doctors to see if we could get him on hormones and begin the long process of transitioning.
Right, that would be silly. What if he tried the makeup, loved it, and asked if he could do it again? And again? What if he started asking you to buy him pink clothes, or tutus, or dresses? What if his playtime regularly includes pretending to be a princess? What if this continues for a year, two years, three years?

What would it take for you to acknowledge that your child may very well suffer from gender dysphoria? And, having come to that realization, how do you decide what's best for your child in the long run? These aren't easy questions and they don't have easy answers, so it's kind of silly to reduce the entire topic to "My son asked about makeup once, I'm not gonna pump him full of hormones like some caricature of an SJW would do!"

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
listenandbelieve.jpg

I'm sorry it is not my goal to throw this image in your face every day but you have some reckoning to do if you think you know what's what in this world. I know you think you're on my side but you're not. Not in my estimation anyway. Not so long as you apologize for this shit.

I never apologized for that. You're thinking of someone else. I think I probably explained it at one point.

'Listen and Believe' is just about the most Orwellian thing I can think that one human being could possibly say to another. It shows a nauseating level of hubris. And yes, that is an attack on Anita. I will own it for what it is. The Nazis needed to be attacked in Normandy did they not? I don't mean to Godwin but I do mean to say that some people need to be taken down a peg or two and that woman is certainly one of them.
I don't even think that was necessarily an attack. I bit melodramatic, maybe. A little too "Well, I never!" for my taste, but it's fine.

I would consider the fact that the Nazis had guns and Sarkeesian has videos about boobies in video games a pretty significant difference between the two. I've got a lot of respect for free speech, you see, so to me someone speaking their mind shouldn't be equated with someone threatening your life. But that's just me.

I require serious convincing to see how one could be a Shepherd supporter and a Sarkeesian supporter at the same time. I'd love to get the two of them on a stage together and see what happens. Maybe Dave Rubin could arrange such a thing? Though I doubt it. Isn't he considered 'Alt-Right' by the cult these days? Anita would never risk committing social suicide by speaking honestly to an open minded libertarian gay man like that.
I'm a free speech supporter, Gerb! Both those ladies used their free speech to correct the bullshit they had been put through! I'll bet if you put them on stage together they'd actually have a lot of common ground to discuss. But you're right, Anita wouldn't do it and with good reason: She's not a good off-the-cuff speaker.

I think you play a lot of linguistic games and it is annoying and often obfuscatory. I have a deep need inside me to speak plainly and be spoken to plainly and I think whatever it is that is inside me, is very much not inside you. I think you are a bit of a prankster and that's okay. But I'm not convinced that this prankster has a terrible amount of depth to him/it/xer.

Well, yeah, we have a biological inclination towards seeking out tribes and singling out our enemies. That's your "deep need to speak plainly". "Are you with me or against me?" Unfortunately (or, I guess, fortunately), a lot of life's problems can't be solved with an "all-or-nothing" approach. The only way we've ever advanced as a species was by putting aside that mentality. So you'll forgive me, I hope, when I'm hesitant to subscribe to someone's "end of the world" newsletter (DISCLAIMER: SARCASM).

It's not linguistic games and it's the opposite of obfuscatory. It's illuminatory. I'm giving these stories the same amount of attention to detail and relevant context we see given in Trump's defense all the time. Do you find that "obfuscating"?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
@Amod request that this thread be merged with the Retard Dumping Ground thread.

For great justice.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
@Amod request that this thread be merged with the Retard Dumping Ground thread.

For great justice.

Denied.

This thread is the place for people who can't resist arguing with Tanoomba to do so without disrupting other threads. In this, it's performing exactly as intended. Don't like it? Don't read it. Simple.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Edited the OP and the thread title, because alliteration is fun, and I had to look up an appropriate word that started with T.

• 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Denied.

This thread is the place for people who can't resist arguing with Tanoomba to do so without disrupting other threads. In this, it's performing exactly as intended. Don't like it? Don't read it. Simple.

I can't tell you which I think is sadder, the fact that you think I was serious or the fact that your response is serious.

• 1Worf

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Zapatta said:
Twitter suspends right-wing commentator Mark Dice for saying transsexualism is a mental illness

Dice’s suspension began with a tweet by Dice on April 10, in which he wrote, “58 different genders wasn't ‘inclusive’ enough for Facebook, so now instead of picking from a list of options, that section is a 'fill in the blank.' The company is embracing mental illness on a massive scale. #Zuckerberg”.
An outraged reader named “Davon” tweeted back to Dice, “Are you calling gender identity a mental illness? The fact that you're able to tweet this [EXPLETIVE] is proof enough that there's [no] liberal social media bias.”
And then Dice was banned so 'Davon' could be wrong twice?
"Internet Troll Loses Twitter Privileges For The Weekend, World Survives Somehow"

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Gavinmad said:
I just refuse to participate in the delusions of the mentally ill.
We're talking about how the brain is wired here. You're not going to re-wire the brain by insisting someone's condition is a "delusion".

How do we deal with mental illness? We treat it. It turns out that treatment for gender dysphoria involves living as the gender your brain is programmed for, which is aided by people referring to you as the gender you identify as.
People are so quick to toss out the "mental ilness" label as a cop-out. To them, it's justification to dismiss the issues and concerns facing those who suffer from GD. Ironically, nobody who uses the label actually cares about mental illness or what we actually know about treating it. To them, treating it IS the problem, as it's seen as "celebrating mental illness". Because anything other than saying "Sorry, you're fucked, see you soon in the obituaries" is apparently a celebration and endorsement of dick-chopping.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Hey Tanoomba Tanoomba remember in the Screen Shots forum thread where I said that Universities were defining objectivity as something inherent to masculinity and whiteness and you said that was absurd and ridiculous and doesn't happen?

Are you tired of me being proven right yet? I'm just curious here how many ideas I called years ago have to show up in the world before you are. Thanks bud.
I'm guessing you mean here, where I scoffed at your hyperbole. I didn't say what you state above was absurd or ridiculous and I didn't say it didn't happen. In fact, as I already clarified then, my issue was how you weaseled the word "evil" in there, taking an otherwise reasonable point and twisting into hyperbole.

I know how much your made-up narratives mean to you and how sensitive your ego is, though, so I'll keep this post in my own thread and let you enjoy the backslaps from the rest of the crew.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Yes, the exact same phrasing and ideological talking points I was directly quoting years ago, showing up in major businesses as I said they would, is just "business psychobabble". Okay. Just because you're too ashamed to spend pages defending the ideology now that you see how fucking stupid it is, doesn't mean you're not going to defend it by now saying it doesn't exist.

We get it, Tan..."It's not real Postmodernism".

Oh, and claiming everything as subjective is an objective standard because its required to agree across all points. =-/ Its literally double think in soudbyte form. Probably why you're attracted to it.
What makes you think I'm attracted to it? I've never said anything to indicate that.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You quote one more post into this thread from somewhere else and you are just going to lose the ability to quote at all anywhere Tanoomba Tanoomba .

This isn't your torture chamber where you hide like a bitch while pretending to be a martyr.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.