Tanoomba's Toxic Tank of Traducement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
You quote one more post into this thread from somewhere else and you are just going to lose the ability to quote at all anywhere Tanoomba Tanoomba .

This isn't your torture chamber where you hide like a bitch while pretending to be a martyr.

tenor.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Just to be clear Tanoomba, you are already aware of this and that discussion has been had before.

You can quote posts in this thread or in their thread all you want. Cross quoting to a "safe space" is frowned upon and you know this.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
You know, a_skeleton_03, this thread is actually solving problems. It's serving its intended purpose and nobody seems to take issue with it but you.

TWICE this community created a thread for me to spew my unpopular brand of bullshit in, and twice you got super-salty about it for some reason and began waving your dick around.

Lightning Lord Rule felt this thread could serve a purpose and he took pride in seeing it used as intended. The community has actually matured to the point where, by and large, they don't even respond to my posts here. Everybody's happy. Has anybody even complained about this thread? I'm just yelling into the wind, but this really, really rustles you for some reason.

I understand that people don't like Sarkeesian derails or to hear me defend myself when people challenge me. The reason I post here is not to have a "safe space", but to keep other threads free of what people have made clear they don't want to see, AND IT'S WORKING. There have been no torrents of content-free shitposts ruining other threads, no endless whining about Tanoomba, no complaints about me making things "about me".

But you, Mr "Hands off, let the community run itself" take great offense at the fact that I have a way of posting that DOESN'T disrupt the community. You think I'm cheating, that if my posts AREN'T being dogpiled by thread-ruining shitposts that this is some sort of injustice, so you've decided to micromanage how the Retard Rickshaw can and can't be used, against the wishes of the community, just so you can stick it to me.

It's fine. You run the site. I'll follow your extra rules created just for me because I don't have a choice. It doesn't matter, though. You've already clearly stated you "hate me to your core", so it's just a matter of time before you find another reason to take issue with my posting habits, isn't it?

• 1Dislike
  • 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
It's fine. You run the site. I'll follow your extra rules created just for me because I don't have a choice. It doesn't matter, though. You've already clearly stated you "hate me to your core", so it's just a matter of time before you find another reason to take issue with my posting habits, isn't it?
Except that isn't the case.

Adebisi:

It's not crazy at all. We've seen this happen many times before.

When a large number of vocal fanatics use half-truths and misinformation to try to portray someone as a villain, that person ends up being seen as the victim by non-fanatics and experiences a boom in popularity, fame, support, and possibly influence and fortune.

See: Donald Trump, Anita Sarkeesian, Dr. Matt Taylor, etc.

You knew on page 1 of this thread that you weren't allowed to quote troll people into your safe space. You can quote them all you want, you just can't quote link them. You knew that then but you have been getting lazy since because the mods aren't slapping your dick down every time you do it.

So hide like a little bitch in here all you want because you can't handle real adversity out in the "real world" of the rest of the forum.

Bee tee dubs, if I was going to ban you I would have done it on my way out this last time, I did not. Don't think you matter.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Except that isn't the case.

You knew on page 1 of this thread that you weren't allowed to quote troll people into your safe space. You can quote them all you want, you just can't quote link them. You knew that then but you have been getting lazy since because the mods aren't slapping your dick down every time you do it.

So hide like a little bitch in here all you want because you can't handle real adversity out in the "real world" of the rest of the forum.

Bee tee dubs, if I was going to ban you I would have done it on my way out this last time, I did not. Don't think you matter.
I wasn't "getting lazy". The only people I "quote-linked" were people who addressed me DIRECTLY. I wanted to respond to them without bothering others. If they weren't talking to/about me, I didn't quote-link them and they got no alert.

However, if you take no issue with me responding to people without "quote-linking" them, then we're golden. Sorry to have bothered you.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
All this bodes well for Tanoomba's future here in the community again.

I couldn't be more pleased.

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I really don't think Tanoomba is hiding here like "a little bitch". If he responds to people in other threads, multiple people respond to him. He then responds to each and every one of them. Then everyone else whines about it being a Tanoomba thread. Then he starts getting rickshawed or ban threats. So, it's pragmatic not to post the way he wants in the "real world."

• 1SJW
  • 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
And if you can't be who you are in a community without the threat of a ban because of how different your methods and/or opinion are then what is the point of staying in that community DickTrickle DickTrickle ?

Sack up and go find a different echo chamber that embraces him for the bitch that he is. That is what he should do. Go jerk off with the resetera guys.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Echo chamber suck. I don't want to post where everybody already agrees with me. I enjoy challenging people and being challenged.

Besides, there wasn't even a problem. Things are fine and calmer on the Tanoomba front than they've ever been. I still don't know why a_skeleton_03 is so rustled.

• 2Barf
  • 1Solidarity

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I really don't think Tanoomba is hiding here like "a little bitch". If he responds to people in other threads, multiple people respond to him. He then responds to each and every one of them. Then everyone else whines about it being a Tanoomba thread. Then he starts getting rickshawed or ban threats. So, it's pragmatic not to post the way he wants in the "real world."
Nah, I don't respond to each and every post addressed at me. Picard was a game-changer!

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Bullshit

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Echo chamber suck. I don't want to post where everybody already agrees with me. I enjoy challenging people and being challenged.

Besides, there wasn't even a problem. Things are fine and calmer on the Tanoomba front than they've ever been. I still don't know why a_skeleton_03 is so rustled.
Not rustled at all. You in here is totally fine. You out in the threads like politics that I have seen you poke your head in is fine. I noticed just yesterday some quotes from outside threads into here. That alone is a no-no. You know it. I know it. We have discussed it in the past.

I brought it up again, I did it very strongly so that you would know for sure what the reaction would be. If you don't do that and continue exactly how you are there would be zero reason to harass you.

There are many users that I do not like here. Ones that I dislike more than you. For instance you are not on ignore, other users are. You can ask Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule about the fact that I have reported at least one user that I feel could take us to a bad place. The mods disagreed, I did nothing against their decision.

I am being way more careful than I have to be. Do NOT confuse me with Tuco though. He is the one that thinks that the people need to be listened to only and has a stance of passivity unless he is bored then it's okay to abuse his powers. I do not have that opinion at all. Not in the slightest. The users are stupid and don't know shit. They have bad ideas and don't understand all the inner workings and problems. I tolerate it as much as I can though because I understand it's a delicate balance. The users would not have word filters. I dictated that be in place.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

khalid

Unelected Mod
Thumbs up/thumbs down just reinforces echo chambers. I was hoping we would get away from such a system, but alas.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Not rustled at all. You in here is totally fine. You out in the threads like politics that I have seen you poke your head in is fine. I noticed just yesterday some quotes from outside threads into here. That alone is a no-no. You know it. I know it. We have discussed it in the past.

I brought it up again, I did it very strongly so that you would know for sure what the reaction would be. If you don't do that and continue exactly how you are there would be zero reason to harass you.

There are many users that I do not like here. Ones that I dislike more than you. For instance you are not on ignore, other users are. You can ask Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule about the fact that I have reported at least one user that I feel could take us to a bad place. The mods disagreed, I did nothing against their decision.

I am being way more careful than I have to be. Do NOT confuse me with Tuco though. He is the one that thinks that the people need to be listened to only and has a stance of passivity unless he is bored then it's okay to abuse his powers. I do not have that opinion at all. Not in the slightest. The users are stupid and don't know shit. They have bad ideas and don't understand all the inner workings and problems. I tolerate it as much as I can though because I understand it's a delicate balance. The users would not have word filters. I dictated that be in place.

This is all true.

This thread is the last best option before a ban is warranted. As a_skeleton_03 said, you are so unpopular here that in almost any thread you voice your opinion, no matter what it is, it derails the thread into unreadable toxic waste. So rather than just ban you, I decided to try this thread as a last resort. So far it's been working IMO. But a_skeleton_03 has laid down the law regarding quoting other threads, and that's that as far as I'm concerned. Abide by that, and no worries.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Thumbs up/thumbs down just reinforces echo chambers. I was hoping we would get away from such a system, but alas.
It would be one thing if it effects the visibility of the thread or if anyone around here based their opinions off that.

We use it as a punch line more often than not. I don't think our "rating" system provides an echo chamber at all. I do question some people's strong desire for it to be displayed and such a big part of the forum though.

Compared to the old forum or to some place like Reddit our ratings are benign.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>

You've never challenged anyone's beliefs or opinions. You'd have to have a real point and be able to formulate cogent arguments based in things like facts, evidence and reality to do so.

In all the years you've been doing this now, not a single time have you accomplished above said task. You are garbage.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Worf

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
This is all true.

This thread is the last best option before a ban is warranted. As a_skeleton_03 said, you are so unpopular here that in almost any thread you voice your opinion, no matter what it is, it derails the thread into unreadable toxic waste. So rather than just ban you, I decided to try this thread as a last resort. So far it's been working IMO. But a_skeleton_03 has laid down the law regarding quoting other threads, and that's that as far as I'm concerned. Abide by that, and no worries.
That's all fine by me.

There was no harm caused by me quote-linking people here who had been addressing me, but I don't need to agree with the rules in order to follow them.

You'll also notice, I hope, that even though I have been posting in other threads, they haven't been devolving into garbage. The community has matured (including myself) and we're all better for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.