Target giving shitloads of money for used games 5/18/14 - 5/24/14

spronk

FPS noob
Target is giving 3x value for used games this week. So for example Titanfall is giving $54, Killzone is giving $34, Bravely Default is giving $37, on and on. Sometimes you can rebuy the same game cheaper at other places, especially digital versions. You get Target gift cards, and its supposed to be 3 games max per trade-in transaction (no duplicates). You need the case/disc/cartridge and in good condition of course. You can use this website to check the base value and if the store near you participates:

Sell Electronics. Cash for iPhones, iPods, Androids | Nextworth/Target Partnership Site

multiply the value the website gives by 3x to get the GC $ you will get in store. If you are a broke ass mofo you can run around buying shit at Best Buy etc and trade them in for a higher value at Target, ie you can buy two copies of Titanfall at ToysRUs for $70 and trade them in for $108 but not a good idea imo, the trade in values can drop anytime.

I dumped NFS PS4 for $54 and two 3DS games for more than what I paid (finished em both), got a big target GC I can give the wife to buy feminine hygiene products so I can always say that video games make the world a better place

its Target GC ONLY not cash. but you can buy PSN, XBL, nintendo eShop, etc cards at Target. Or booze. Lots and lots of booze.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Target is giving 3x value for used games this week. So for example Titanfall is giving $54, Killzone is giving $34, Bravely Default is giving $37, on and on. Sometimes you can rebuy the same game cheaper at other places, especially digital versions. You get Target gift cards, and its supposed to be 3 games max per trade-in transaction (no duplicates). You need the case/disc/cartridge and in good condition of course. You can use this website to check the base value and if the store near you participates:

Sell Electronics. Cash for iPhones, iPods, Androids | Nextworth/Target Partnership Site

multiply the value the website gives by 3x to get the GC $ you will get in store. If you are a broke ass mofo you can run around buying shit at Best Buy etc and trade them in for a higher value at Target, ie you can buy two copies of Titanfall at ToysRUs for $70 and trade them in for $108 but not a good idea imo, the trade in values can drop anytime.

I dumped NFS PS4 for $54 and two 3DS games for more than what I paid (finished em both), got a big target GC I can give the wife to buy feminine hygiene products so I can always say that video games make the world a better place

its Target GC ONLY not cash. but you can buy PSN, XBL, nintendo eShop, etc cards at Target. Or booze. Lots and lots of booze.
This is fantastic. I can dump NBA 2k14 for my PS4 (Have no idea why I ever bought it in the first place) along with Killzone which sucks. Nice find bud
smile.png

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Careful, the prices change constantly. Just looked up Titanfall for 360, and the trade in value is $14, triple to $42. But awesome to unload some games that are just sitting around!

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Well I just got $95 for 3 games. I was told by the guy working there that there is no limit and its up to his discretion how many of the games he will take. He said it usually depends how many of the games he has gotten already. Apparently some guy brought several South Park: Stick of Truth games and sold it there and he didn't care because Target was sold out of the game.

spronk

FPS noob
sadly target is catching on and prices are dropping, titanfall has gone from $54 to $42, infamous second son from $54 to $34, etc. Musta had a lot of people fuck em over yesterday. They are still paying pretty good apparently for gamecube games though.

if anyone is wondering why target is doing this, they are getting into the used games business I guess and this is a good way to get a big inventory, and all they are giving out is target GC (so whatever you spend is at their store).

Vorph

Are the in-store prices the same as what's on the website? I gave up on GTA V heists long ago and I own Deadly Premonition on PC now, so getting rid of them for ~$71 works for me. The nearest Target isn't exactly a convenient stop though, so I'm curious if that's really how much they'll give me.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Are the in-store prices the same as what's on the website? I gave up on GTA V heists long ago and I own Deadly Premonition on PC now, so getting rid of them for ~$71 works for me. The nearest Target isn't exactly a convenient stop though, so I'm curious if that's really how much they'll give me.
You have to x3 for the website prices, but yeah it is exactly the same. I checked an hour before I went and got exactly $95.01 like I thought I would.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Damn, yeah, thanks for posting this, looks like I got a couple hundred in games that are collecting dust at home, I'm going to go through them tonight and trade them in tomorrow.

Vorph

Heh, thanks for that. It's a 20 mile drive to the nearest Target from me, and turns out the trade-in counter is only open 3-8pm M-Th. I would've gotten there at like 10am... :p

spronk

FPS noob
Damn, yeah, thanks for posting this, looks like I got a couple hundred in games that are collecting dust at home, I'm going to go through them tonight and trade them in tomorrow.
its supposed to be 3 trade ins per transaction, some people are getting to do more or do it in multiple transactions but you may wanna just take in the top 6 or 9 first time

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I might have to sell some GC games. $30 for SSBM? Hell yeah.
I checked out some others. Good God
smile.png
How are they planning on selling GC games used and recouping costs? GC Twilight Princess is also 30 at triple value. SSBM, Zelda, and Mario sunshine for a $90 gift card?

Sign me up.

KIllzone you can get used at gamefly for 19.99$.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I checked out some others. Good God
smile.png
How are they planning on selling GC games used and recouping costs? GC Twilight Princess is also 30 at triple value. SSBM, Zelda, and Mario sunshine for a $90 gift card?

Sign me up.
Yeah, I don't know? Ty video game hipsters? I thought I maybe had mario sunshine and twilight princess, but I don't have mario sunshine and I have twilight princess on wii, which they are only giving a few bucks for so I decided to hang onto that one, but I am going to unload mario kart and ssbm on gamecube for 60 bucks right there. In all, I'm actually going to get about $125 from games that were sitting in a box in the bottom of a closet since I moved 3 years ago.

darkko_sl

shitlord
I've been having a hell of a time trying to turn in my games. I went last night to the Target by my house and they don't do trade ins at that store apparently. Only at stores with a mobile phone department. So they told me to go to another store about 10 mins away. I head there and when I arrive their systems are down for the night and they say come back tomorrow. I show up at 11:00am today and apparently the mobile guys don't get in till 2:00. I'm going to see this thing through till the end for my ~80ish dollars, damnit. /sigh

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been having a hell of a time trying to turn in my games. I went last night to the Target by my house and they don't do trade ins at that store apparently. Only at stores with a mobile phone department. So they told me to go to another store about 10 mins away. I head there and when I arrive their systems are down for the night and they say come back tomorrow. I show up at 11:00am today and apparently the mobile guys don't get in till 2:00. I'm going to see this thing through till the end for my ~80ish dollars, damnit. /sigh
Bro, our bro, the op, said not every location does it and to check their hours because they are different from store hours. Click the link he provided and put in your zip and you would have saved yourself a lot of hassle.

It tells my my local target does do it and they are open 1-8 mon-thurs.