Teacher who is probably crazy also wrote some terrorist novels and is being evaluated

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Arthur taken into custody for contents of his novels.

arthur_1.png

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
'Rage', the Stephen King story in question, is seriously out of print and will not be reprinted while he is alive, by his own words.
Shame, that was a pretty awesome short story. Did the main character actually even kill anyone in it? Been 15 years since I read it. It's not even the shooting that's fucked. Don't all the hostages do some sort of fucked up shaming ritual on the cool guy in class or something?

I read that shortly after it was published. I remember thinking "I hope no whackos read this or else shit could get real." Then, in the days after 9/11 and all the pundits were on TV saying "there was no way we could have foreseen this" I remember thinking, well, I guess you never read Tom Clancy!

Personally, I'm still waiting for some Bumfuckistan country to take it to the next level by buying a stolen Russian nuke, putting it on board a commercial jet and detonating it over a built up area as it approaches an airport. Who needs ICBM technology eh?

BRB, NSA just busted in my door.
Clancy, I believe, more or less copied that from a Dale Brown novel (basically, a shittier Tom Clancy):Storming Heaven - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually, maybe not, they both came out the same year.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I might be a little unnerved if my child's schoolteacher was writing fiction about school shootings, but this reaction is completely overblown. Didn't he write them under different pen names too?

Can't really compare King/Clancy unless King/Clancy are middle-school teachers and I didn't know about it. Not really a reasonable comparison.

If Obama wrote a piece of fiction in which a president went on a rampage in the white house and murdered his family, would he be impeached?

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
You realize we live in a country where grade school kids get suspended for making a gun out of their fingers right? Where a kid got suspended for writing a story about shooting dinosaurs?
Should probably wait for the whole story to come out.

Because if there is nothing else that he wrote a stupid book, he is going to be a multi millionaire after all the wrongful termination, civil rights and wrongful arrest suits.

iannis

Musty Nester
I didn't see from that article that he WAS arrested, terminated, or any of his civil rights were abused.

I'm assuming that he was forcibly committed. Its like a 48 hour hold. "Administrative Leave" is most likely paid compulsory vacation. The fact that a middle school teacher is writing fantasies about school shootings will hold up as a relevant, if perhaps somewhat alarmist, concern.

What I'm really interested in is the backstory to this. He used pen names... so someone snitched on him. Why? And why did they feel like they needed to? What happened? That's not some random thing. It may possibly be that it was his union itself covering their collective ass. Who instigated that action?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The fact that a middle school teacher is writing fantasies about school shootings
The fact that you would choose to phrase it like that makes me wonder how much of a retard you are.

We should probably arrest GRRM for writing rape and incest fantasies.

iannis

Musty Nester
There are things that you need to be smart enough not to do, dude. Or at the very least you need to make sure that those in a position to FUCK you won't when the time comes.

Actions do have consequences. Liberty is not the freedom from consequence.

He is literally writing fantasies about school shootings. That is what they fucking ARE gavin. Unless he's writing historical accounts? He's writing scholarly research pieces? No, you dipshit, he's writing pulp fiction.

Learn the fuck what words mean.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nobody is saying they can't write what ever the fuck they want, but the person that writes about child molestation fantasies probably should not be in day-care either. You can lose your job for doing stupid things and saying stupid things.

There is a difference between "you can't work here anymore" and "you have to go to jail for this".

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, this is a bit of a grey area. I don't know this guy. He could just be writing about the environment he knows best and using a very emotional and intense scenario to do it. When you get into subjects concerning children, you need to be able to distance yourself from the content of your work, and an 8th grade art teacher can't really do that if he's writing about school kids getting shot.

I don't have kids, so my perspective isn't that valuable, but the perspective of the parents is critical for the smooth operation of the school. They have to trust the teachers there.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I would imagine that a school teacher thinks quite a lot about school shootings these days. It seems a logical subject to be able to write about with first hand experience on shitty kids and what they might do in a fictional setting.

What's next on the list of things to fire people over? Any teacher who plays violent video games, cause we fucking know dumbasses love blaming games for shit. I'm really hoping there is more to this story. Has anyone actually read the book to see what the overall message is? Does it glorify it like some kind of Islam bullshit? Also since when do teachers go shooting up schools? I can understand looking at a student who wrote something like this, but a teacher?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If you don't want to have someone on the payroll who writes whatever I don't care. I have a problem when writers start getting taking into custody for psychological examinations.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I might be a little unnerved if my child's schoolteacher was writing fiction about school shootings, but this reaction is completely overblown. Didn't he write them under different pen names too?

Can't really compare King/Clancy unless King/Clancy are middle-school teachers and I didn't know about it. Not really a reasonable comparison.

If Obama wrote a piece of fiction in which a president went on a rampage in the white house and murdered his family, would he be impeached?
king is a school teacher
After leaving the university, King earned a certificate to teach high school but, unable to find a teaching post immediately, initially supplemented his laboring wage by selling short stories to men's magazines such as Cavalier. Many of these early stories have been republished in the collection Night Shift. In 1971, King married Tabitha Spruce, a fellow student at the University of Maine whom he had met at the University's Fogler Library after one of Professor Hatlen's workshops.[12] That fall, King was hired as a teacher at Hampden Academy in Hampden, Maine. He continued to contribute short stories to magazines and worked on ideas for novels.[

Arakkis

N00b
I didn't see from that article that he WAS arrested, terminated, or any of his civil rights were abused.

I'm assuming that he was forcibly committed. Its like a 48 hour hold. "Administrative Leave" is most likely paid compulsory vacation. The fact that a middle school teacher is writing fantasies about school shootings will hold up as a relevant, if perhaps somewhat alarmist, concern.

What I'm really interested in is the backstory to this. He used pen names... so someone snitched on him. Why? And why did they feel like they needed to? What happened? That's not some random thing. It may possibly be that it was his union itself covering their collective ass. Who instigated that action?
I wouldn't describe suspending and then forcibly committing someone for books they wrote as "somewhat alarming". I would describe it as a violation of the First Amendment by two governmental organizations.

Palum

what Suineg set it to

Uhhh... what?

Phillips said McLawwas taken in for an emergency medical evaluation. The sheriff would not disclose where McLaw is now, but he did say that he is not on the Eastern Shore. The same day that McLaw was taken in for an evaluation,police swept Mace's Lane Middle School for bombs and guns, coming up empty.
I'd say that's not simply 'administrative leave' rofl.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
apparently iannis doesnt feel that being captured by the cops and shipped off to an undisclosed looneybin because of a story you wrote infringes on your civil rights