Teen sues parents for support & tuition

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Didn't see a thread on this and thought it was interesting.

Teen Sues, Claims She Was Booted From Home, Denied Money For College CBS New York

A NJ teen is suing her parents for private school tuition, living expenses and her college fund. She says her parents kicked her out, the parents say she left on her own because she didn't like their rules. She is 18. The basis for the suit is that she wants the state to declare her non-emancipated and force her parents to support her. Including private college tuition.

Question for internet lawyers: is there any merit to this case? Can the state actually force the parents of an 18 year old to continue sending her to a private school, pay for her car and pay for private college?

Also, thoughts?

Oblig pic. Would hit it if she signed the Chappelle Love Contract to not sue me afterwards.

rrr_img_61798.jpg

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Seriously, if you look like that you can find a guy to pay for your shit. I can't imagine she has any legal basis for the suit though

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
If this stupid whore becomes non-emancipated, doesn't that mean she's under the control of her parents? I.e., here's community college, you're working at mcdonalds now, and we're buying clothes from goodwill.

Cybsled

I can't see this getting anywhere. But ya, seems like it would be easy for her to find some sucker to support her based on her appearance.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Sounds like her best friends dad is bumping her fun spot

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Seriously, if you look like that you can find a guy to pay for your shit. I can't imagine she has any legal basis for the suit though
Seems like no one sent her the memo that she should be scamming on dudes that want to bang her rather than the one dude who doesn't. Though...

Sounds like her best friends dad is bumping her fun spot
Maybe she is catching on after all. Is there really another reasonable explanation for housing a hot 18 year old and giving her ~$12k to SUE HER PARENTS? I mean, monetarily his best outcome is that the court makes the family cover the legal fees, so he gets his $12k back. The more likely outcome is that $12k is flushed. Surely something is spurring on this spontaneous generosity.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yeah he is hitting that or they are after some kind of settlement.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This poor girl is just another victim of affluenza. My heart goes out to her in her time of need.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
My guess is the money is sitting in a custodial account with her name on it and she will be victorious.

Moral of the story don't put money in your kids name unless you are ready to give it to them regardless of how much of a cunt they turn out to be.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Had to check and see if this was an old story about my spoiled cunt of a cousin, who has basically ski-bummed her way through her 20's in to her 30's and still has no career or education to show for it, because apparently her dad (my uncle) doesn't have the heart to tell her to fuck off and get a life. I think she's a yoga instructor now, that's totally going to pay her bills.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Meh, she's not half bad. She could probably snag herself a nice rich older guy, but she's all hippy and shit, so instead she dates losers like herself while daddy still pays the bills.

Oh sorry, I checked up on her Facebook, she does have an education. A year of political science at one university, and then a year of creative writing at another. She's very highly educated.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So her parents gave her the option to leave or dump her boyfriend and she voluntarily chose to leave.
Second she had a college fund and scholarship but it appears it is not enough to go to the college of her choice so she is suing to get more to go to the college of her choice.

Lol wtf. Maybe her parents denied her, her college funds because they thought her choice of college was a bad one (or maybe that's where her boyfriend is) and so she is suing to get the college funds released. That's the only way I see her argument not being a total spoiled brat.