TERA

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You are going to cry going from pure action combat(tera) to usual locked target(archage).

Ryanz

<Banned>
If you're getting the "unable to load manifest error" try changing your Hosts file to have this:

208.67.49.202 patch.tera.enmasse-game.com

Worked for me (EME changed the patch server addy).
I'm getting some weird error that says: "Unsupported 16-Bit Application".

I've kept my TERA folder since the game was released and just recently patched it up and tried to log in, and this is what I'm getting. I'm not sure why there is a compatibility issue, I had a 64 bit system back when I played the game so I dunno whats going on. I'm thinking of just wiping the folder clean and downloading everything all over again.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Sounds like a corrupted application file. You could try to figure it out, but might as well just reinstall if you have time.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I'm getting some weird error that says: "Unsupported 16-Bit Application".

I've kept my TERA folder since the game was released and just recently patched it up and tried to log in, and this is what I'm getting. I'm not sure why there is a compatibility issue, I had a 64 bit system back when I played the game so I dunno whats going on. I'm thinking of just wiping the folder clean and downloading everything all over again.
I think I had the same problem. At first, I had no compatibility issue. After some update, I started to encounter compatibility issue. I ran it under different platform and it worked. And ever since then, I've been running it under that platform. After reinstall, the problem did go away.

Aphextwin_sl

shitlord
Gave Neverwinter a break until next Thursday's patch so a few guildies from Neverwinter picked this back up and re-rolled some new characters. I went with a priest for our 5 man healer and I have to say I have really enjoyed it so far never got anything higher than level 22 at release before moving onto something else that I can't even remember what it was, currently level 36. As is the case in these games, running with a competent group makes the game play night and day.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dungeons galore, and based on a e-mail I got yesterday they just added more. Plus the usual pvp(arena or battlegroud) and dailies/faction work.

Parallel45

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah, saw that email as well. The recent dungeon additions seems pretty decent, including some raids and 3 man that could be interesting. Free level 58 is pretty nifty. I'll probably pick this up again when I get bored with FFXIV.

Plus, Elin have boobs now:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So anyone been following this game a bit? I figure, free character and the game being F2P now(I think?), I might as well reinstall and get that free char, but I'm not sure what class I should make. I remember warriors were super fun back then, did they buff or nerf them? When I quit they were gonna give them "block" with parry shit and makes them more inline with lancers for tanking. Healers still the same shit? Pretty much I'd like a basic class breakdown of the current state of the game, if anyone's been playing or at least following(or looked it up recently).

Edit: Kinda found some stuff on reddit, apparently warriors are the suck and are only played as DPS(and not very good ones/stacking issues), healers are still the same shit. Guess I'm going DPS, just need to figure out which one.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am doing the free 58 myself, I hated the quest hub leveling but for pvp i figured why not. Rolled on tyranus, made a zerker. According to the reddit warriors are good all around but hard to master. I went berserker, I always enjoy big numbers
smile.png

spronk

FPS noob
huh weird I got an email about a free mount for coming back but didnt mention shit about a free level 58. patching and gonna get that free shit anyways, although that pedo elin video above is disturbing. time to make another dog or rabbit

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah that was linked above I think he meant he didn't get the news until he checked here.

dogbarf_sl

shitlord
All of the classes are pretty good.

All of the classes are solid in PvE, the melee have to pay a little more attention though.

Both healers are really strong/useful in all situations. Priest can carry bad players better but mystics are slightly preferred in good groups (higher grp dps), both are solid in pvp, priests slightly better in bgs mystics slightly better in arena.

Sorc, Archer for bg/large world pvp.

Any class is good in Arena. Zerkers and slayers are not strong 1v1 outside of world pvp, but still awesome in groups.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
So why are they getting people to level 58 when they won't know what the hell they're doing?

Oh well, this should be fun to fuck around with. Anyone on the first server on the list? I forget what it's called.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well you still have 2 levels to learn I think? And as far as I remember it takes like 8hours a level, or maybe that was Aion, but I think Tera was also pretty slow. So you should know a bit by then ^^.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
Game is a bunch of anime loving Asians homosexing about in their kitty cat masks