Terminator Genisys (2015)

supertouch_sl

shitlord
2.00 star(s) Rating: 2.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Terminator Genisys

Tagline: Reset the future

Genre: Science Fiction, Action, Thriller, Adventure

Director: Alan Taylor

Cast: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jason Clarke, Emilia Clarke, Jai Courtney, J.K. Simmons, Dayo Okeniyi, Matt Smith, Courtney B. Vance, Lee Byung-hun, Michael Gladis, Sandrine Holt, Wayne Bastrup, Gregory Alan Williams, Otto Sanchez, Matty Ferraro, Griff Furst, Aaron V. Williamson, Seth Meriwether, Afemo Omilami, Teri Wyble, Kerry Cahill, Mark Adam, Kerry O'Malley, Willa Taylor, James Moses Black, Terry Dale Parks, Douglas Smith, Anthony Michael Frederick, Brandon Stacy, Brett Azar, Douglas M. Griffin, Ernest Wells

Release: 2015-06-23

Runtime: 126

Plot: The year is 2029. John Connor, leader of the resistance continues the war against the machines. At the Los Angeles offensive, John's fears of the unknown future begin to emerge when TECOM spies reveal a new plot by SkyNet that will attack him from both fronts; past and future, and will ultimately change warfare forever.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I hope Arnold is just voicing his CGI / rubber masked self because I don't think the Terminator should be wearing diapers. And I don't think T3 was so bad that it should be ignored (other than the casting, jesus christ), but if I had a time machine the first order of business would be murdering whoever wrote that fucking script for Salvation. People blame Bale and that's bullshit, that shit was even worse before they started meddling with it. The entire concept of the Sam Worthington character was crap, and Conner getting thrown through the air 20 times pretty much completely ruined the Big Secret Fight at the end. The only saving grace is that time travel means you can completely ignore that the movie happened, just like the TV show cut out everything past T2 by setting it a few iterations down the road.

It all comes down to the writers. Here's the credits for the T4 guys:

xXx: The Return of Xander Cage (screenplay) (announced)

2014 Influence (screenplay) (pre-production)

???? Death Wish (pre-production)

2009 Surrogates (screenplay / as John Brancato)

2009 Terminator Salvation (written by / as John Brancato)

2007 Primeval (written by / as John Brancato)

2006 The Net 2.0 (video) (characters / as John Brancato)

2004 Catwoman (screenplay / as John Brancato / story / as John Brancato)

2003 Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (screenplay / as John Brancato / story / as John Brancato)

2000 The Others (TV series)
- Mora (2000) (creator)
- Life Is for the Living (2000) (creator)
- $4.95 a Minute (2000) (creator)
- Unnamed (2000) (writer)
- Pilot (2000) (writer)

1998 The Net (TV series)

1997 The Game (written by / as John Brancato)

1995 ?on Flux (TV series)
- The Demiurge (1995) (written by)

1995 The Net (written by / as John Brancato)

1993 Interceptor (written by / as John Brancato)

1992 Severed Ties (as Henry Dominic)

1992 Mindwarp (written by / as Henry Dominick)

1992 Into the Sun (written by / as John Brancato)

1991 Femme Fatale (written by)

1991 Married with Children (TV series)
- You Better Shop Around: Part 1 (1991) (as J.D. Brancato)

1991 The Unborn (written by / as Henry Dominic)

1991 Flight of Black Angel (TV movie) (screenplay / as Henry Dominic / story / as Henry Dominic)

1990 Watchers II (as Henry Dominic)

... ouch.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
In a series where every movie is retconned by time travel what's the point of rebooting.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Please, for the love of God, please someone give these fucking writers / creative content producers some good drugs so they can stop rebooting every fucking thing.

We have the most unoriginal retards making content for us to consume. Video games, movies, TV holy shit they all need a giant enema, lots of drugs and drop them off somewhere out near BFE with a pad and pencil until they come up with some original ideas.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Salvation should have ended with Connor dying and Worthington's cyborg leading the resistance, would have been awesome.

Please, for the love of God, please someone give these fucking writers / creative content producers some good drugs so they can stop rebooting every fucking thing.

We have the most unoriginal retards making content for us to consume. Video games, movies, TV holy shit they all need a giant enema, lots of drugs and drop them off somewhere out near BFE with a pad and pencil until they come up with some original ideas.
Kedwyn;262249 said:

They already have to many Drugs that is why we have all the reboots and reality shows.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Salvation should have ended with Connor dying and Worthington's cyborg leading the resistance, would have been awesome.
I believe that was the original ending before they chumped out.

Anyone who likes Terminator 3 is a fucking muppet. It's almost a scene for scene rip-off of Terminator 2, with worse everything.

I know I'm in the minority, but I don't really like T2 either. The first Terminator is so fucking good, and opens an ocean of story telling, only to get over simplified into a rehash of itself in T2. T2 is a decent movie in its own right (as a kid I fucking loved it), but as a sequel to Terminator, it feels so pedestrian and flashy.

Who should play Kyle, Sarah, the police bros (mainly Henrickson and Winfield's characters) and Arnold?

spronk

FPS noob
2015 shaping up to be a huge summer: star wars 7, independence day 2, avengers 2, terminator 5, pirates of the carribean whatever

iannis

Musty Nester
They're gonna be "rebooting" Kids cartoons soon. Re-Recess!

Ignore the elephant named Animaniacs, since that was actually good. Yeah yeah, it's t5 not t1v2.0. Same difference really, with arnold being like 70 years old now.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
2nd that. T2 was everything you could have wanted from a sequel and big budget movie in 1992. Shit still holds up today. Even the lame ass CGI of the time doesnt look horrible compared to some of the trash that comes out today. T2 and Jurassic Park are amazing in that regard.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database