Terminator Genisys (2015)

Caliane

They're gonna be "rebooting" Kids cartoons soon. Re-Recess!

Ignore the elephant named Animaniacs, since that was actually good. Yeah yeah, it's t5 not t1v2.0. Same difference really, with arnold being like 70 years old now.
they've been doing that for some time.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
No idea where I read it but a few weeks ago I saw a site saying the studio was allegedly in talks with The Rock to play a Terminator with Arnie playing a human role as an old codger based in the 50s or 60s and allegedly that would be where they got the model design for the Terminator from. With the origin of the Terminator being a deleted scene they don't even need to retcon that officially.

It was so completely out of nowhere I presumed (and still do) it was bullshit but damn, that would be a hell of a ride.

There's a rather decent trilogy of books set after the first two Terminator movies that explores something similar, John and Sarah encounter the human original who obviously spooks the shit out of them for a start and it carries on with them teaming up against what Skynet can throw at them.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
No idea where I read it but a few weeks ago I saw a site saying the studio was allegedly in talks with The Rock to play a Terminator with Arnie playing a human role as an old codger based in the 50s or 60s and allegedly that would be where they got the model design for the Terminator from. With the origin of the Terminator being a deleted scene they don't even need to retcon that officially.

It was so completely out of nowhere I presumed (and still do) it was bullshit but damn, that would be a hell of a ride.

There's a rather decent trilogy of books set after the first two Terminator movies that explores something similar, John and Sarah encounter the human original who obviously spooks the shit out of them for a start and it carries on with them teaming up against what Skynet can throw at them.
Holy shit, that could actually work.

The Rock as T-800 Terminator actually sounds pretty awesome. Just no fucking smirk, wink, eyebrow schtick, etc. He needs to do what Arnold did and watch West World to understand how to play a merciless robot.

As for Arnold playing the old codger on whom the Terminator skin model is based off of is also pretty killer.

I doubt any of it will happen though.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
The Future War Scenes in T2 blew my mind. I still want a proper film of future fighting.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The TV show didn't have a big enough budget, but they did focus on the future war a decent amount. TV show IMO is the only true sequel to T1 and T2.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
HOLLYWOOD FOR FUCK SAKE.....STOP!!!!!!!!!
tired of these reboots,remakes and sequels.they don't bring anything good.
it's like taking a crap over a golden bar.

Maximum_Over-rustle.gif

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Well White House Down doing rather badly in its opening week will probably put that back on the shelf again if that article has any credibility...

The plotline is ridiculous even for that kind of film though, wasn't pretty much every major city worldwide wiped out? Where are they getting the manpower and tech resources to do what it says. Maybe they used the miracle Apple computers to do it, if they can interface with alien tech with a few minutes work I guess they can do anything...

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I want to see an Independence Day sequel where we invade a peaceful planet and get our asses kicked.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I wouldn't hold your breath for Independence Day 2. Remember when Emmerich wanted to reboot Stargate and make a sequel movie that ignored the decade of TV show lore? Ya...

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
as a whole, sequels fucking suck. in the entire history of movies, you can probably list the number of good sequels on two hands. but as long as people are willing to spend the money, hollywood will keep investing.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i liked all the terminator movies. yes even 4 was fun to watch. i love those kinds of films. and this one will be no exception. although i have never been able to take The Rock seriously since Game Plan and The Tooth Fairy. those things can not be unseen.

Grez

Trakanon Raider
What i loved about terminator 1 was that it was a sci-fi horror, not an action movie. I think the reboot needs to go extremely dark and bring back the horror.

I'd kill for an HBO miniseries on the future war: from the skynet-online to skynet-offline.