Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2022)

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Movie was laughably bad.

When the old lady with the shotgun got fucking tentpoled with a goddamn chainsaw, he even grinded the bitch up and down like she was on a fucking pogo stick, and she LIVED and was able to still save the protag, i tuned out.

LOL what the fuck, why.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Woke bi-racial non-gender conforming team saves the day against chainsaw wielding homicidal maniac?

Sounds plausible.
1F3DF3A8-7E70-411C-B8B2-7DA3A052F1E7.gif

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
At first glance, the movie was all sorts of woke Hollywood bad, but when I took a step back to consider the genre we are talking about here, I was like ok it's stupid as fuck, but that's what these kinds of horror flicks are all about. Don't get me wrong, it was woke as fuck, and I screamed at the tv a few times in disgust. Ultimately though, it was a slasher movie, and all slasher movies are inherently stupid as fuck. That's why we watch them.

Name a slasher movie that you haven't screamed at it shit like "you dumb bitch don't go in there" followed up by something like "yep of course she went in there". That's what slasher movies are all about. The stupidest people on earth being killed by a monster that can literally walk around choosing it's targets at its leisure because they are too fucking stupid to get the fuck out.

In this particular slasher, the stupid fucks were woke. As such, the bar of stupid shit they got killed for was raised up a notch or two. And, tell me you didn't fucking cheer on leather face a few times when he killed them. You know most of us was fist pumping the air when he killed that pompous ass dude that bought the town. I was on team leather face at that point LOL.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
"Try anything you're gonna get cancelled bro"

LoL... that was the only redeeming thing in the trailer; highlighting the rift between the generations.

I may get criticism for saying this but hack and slash gore thrillers had their golden age already. It evolved into psychological movie thrillers. Freddy, Jason, & Leatherface just doesn't cut it (ba-dump-tshh) if the goal is horror.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Animosity

LoL... that was the only redeeming thing in the trailer; highlighting the rift between the generations.

I may get criticism for saying this but hack and slash gore thrillers had their golden age already. It evolved into psychological movie thrillers. Freddy, Jason, & Leatherface just doesn't cut it (ba-dump-tshh) if the goal is horror.
100% agree with this. There hasnt been a slasher in awhile that wasnt absolute shit. The new Halloween and now this. They just arent interesting enough anymore.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Scream just did numbers and hit near perfect reviews from critics and audiences. Albeit it's not in the meta of older IP's you're listing, some are misinterpreting that and lumping it in.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

the last "scary" horror movie i saw was the first time watching the original Nightmare on Elm Street. it was a great concept because it answers all those slasher movie dumb decisions. you cant run away from somebody thats in a dream, you cant outsmart them. sure, you can wake up and stay awake and go mad. eventually you have to go back to sleep where he's waiting to get you.
look at this scene, its easily the scariest part of that movie.

i think i was 13 and i was like WTF IS THIS SHIT?? how do you run away? he's behind, then in front, then on your left, toying with you. you're basically fucked if you see Freddy in your dream

after that movie they started pushing ultra nasty gore and jump scare slasher films. even Craven couldnt top his first movie, so he made Freddy 3 with more blood and guts, but it was an almost comical film. yeah the Horror genre died with Freddy for me. Evil Dead 2 was kind of scary. i had a friend who watched it with his hands over his eyes at my house and he told me later it gave him nightmares. so maybe its just an individual thing. you watch enough horror movies and become desensitized to it. you see the pattern of where this all leads. you know if Sally goes on her own to wash her clothes or get a sandwich, your mind tells you, "that bitch gonna die", so you expect that to happen and its not scary when it does. jump scares are a cheap fright. somebody saying boo when you least expect it, you were startled, but you weren't really afraid.

Last edited:

Jozu

If the woke kids were getting slaughtered unabashedly then I would welcome diversity and want more of it in this context.

Jive Turkey

Karen
On one hand, this movie sucks and the creators had no idea what made the first movie so good. On the other hand, watching zoomer scum get chainsawed in two isn't a bad way to spend a Sunday